MaxGear Metal Bookends, Set of 4
Last updated date: October 7, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Bookends and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Bookend you should buy.
Update as May 28, 2020:
Checkout The Best Bookend for a detailed review of all the top bookends.
Neatly organize everything from books to CDs, DVDs and more with these heavy-duty metal bookends. Featuring rounded edges and high-quality, anti-static paint, these bookends will not damage your shelving or books. The slim design requires minimal space.
In our analysis of 26 expert reviews, the MaxGear Metal Bookends, Set of 4 placed 3rd when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
A Do you love collecting books, movies, and CD’s, but need a way to keep all of them more organized and stop them from falling over onto each other? Have you tried using large and intrusive stands and paperweights that either slide around or take up too much room on your shelves? If so, MaxGear has the solution you’ve been looking for! Specification: Brand: MaxGear Color: Black Material: Heavy Gauge Steel Size: 6 x 4.6 x 6 inches Weight: 335g/0.74lb x 2 Pairs (total 1.48lb) Package contents: 2 Pairs/4 Pieces Bookend 1 2 3 Premium Anti-static Paint Super smooth and flat high-quality paint surface and round edges make sure that your shelves or books don’t get any scratches or scuff marks. Round Edges Curved corners and rounded edge not sharp burrs, which will protect your books, bookshelf and your hands Anti-slip Foam Pad With 3 anti-slip foam pads on the bottom of each bookend to keep the bookends from sliding, they allow you to remove your bookends but won’t scratching your desk. 4 5 6
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Bookends
Bookends can help you decorate your shelves or surfaces while organizing your books at the same time. With so many options available, choosing the best bookends could be confusing. Fortunately, knowing what you want and need will help you make the best selection.
Consider how sturdy and robust your bookends should be. If you have several large or heavy books on your shelf, you will need heavy-duty bookends to keep them upright. Alternatively, if you want to organize a modest collection of paperback novels, standard bookends will likely be sufficient.
Bookends are available in a variety of materials. Thicker steel or iron bookends are useful for holding up big books. They can also blend nicely in a room with a modern or minimalist theme.
Other bookends are made from materials such as wood, ceramic, plastic, or natural stone. Some of these will be sturdier than others. However, if appearance is more of a concern than stability, look for a set that complements your decor. For instance, brightly colored natural stone bookends can add sparkle to your bedroom or office, while wooden bookends cut into animal shapes might be fun for a child’s room.
Ultimately, selecting a set of bookends that will organize your books vertically without fail is probably the most crucial consideration. However, choosing bookends that you find appealing and attractive is also significant. Since you will likely be living with them for many years to come, discovering a set that checks both of these boxes will result in money well spent.
The Bookend Buying Guide
- Consider the surface on which you plan to use bookends. If it is very smooth or slick, bookends with padding or bumpers meant to protect against scratching could cause the bookends (and the books they are supposed to hold up) to slip and fall.
- Although they were created to keep books organized in a vertical position, bookends can be used to hold other items, as well. For instance, you might use bookends to store CDs or records, DVDs, photo albums, or file folders on a shelf or desk.
- Collecting bookends can be a hobby that is both practical and interesting. If you maintain a large selection of books, a collection of attractive, decorative and unusual bookends could accessorize them nicely. As they have both functional and aesthetic worth, bookends can become more valuable over time. This is especially true for rare or unique designs.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide