MAV NUTRITION Premium Fish Oil Omega Burpless
Last updated date: August 1, 2019
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Fish Oils and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Fish Oil you should buy.
Update as November 1, 2019:
Checkout The Best Fish Oil for a detailed review of all the top fish oils.
In our analysis of 39 expert reviews, the MAV NUTRITION Premium Fish Oil Omega Burpless placed 6th when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
MAV NUTRITION HIGH-POTENCY PREMIUM FISH OIL. MAV NUTRITION has designed a HIGH-POTENCY PREMIUM FISH OIL with the highest EPA and DHA on the market. This product is one of the most superior sources for Omega-3 fatty acids, essential for your body to help in reducing the risk of heart disease, depression, dementia, and arthritis.* MAV NUTRITION uses only 100% PURE SEA-HARVESTED PELAGIC FISH OIL as our natural source of omega-3 essential fatty acids (EFA) and you are certain to feel the difference in the quality of the product.* Our bodies cannot produce omega fats, so we have to rely on diet and supplements to help feed our bodies correctly. The average modern diet is loaded with omega-6 fats from meat and vegetable oils, but finding foods that are typically rich in omega-3 fats are more difficult. It is important to supplement with omega-3 to enrich the body in EPA and DHA content. EFA are essential in maintaining a healthy brain and nervous system, and are also known to support cardiovascular and joint health.* When choosing MAV NUTRITION HIGH-POTENCY PREMIUM FISH OIL, you can feel confident in knowing that your product is fueling your body with our 100% natural and meticulously purified product. Be rejuvenated! MAV Nutrition. The Premium Choice.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Our Expert Consultant
Gastroenterologist and adjunct assistant professor at Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine
He is a graduate of the Medical University of Silesia-Hope Medical Institute in Poland. After completing his residency in internal medicine at Lenox Hill Hospital, he was selected to be the 2013‐2014 Chief Resident at Lenox Hill Hospital–Northshore LIJ Health System. Dr. Sonpal completed his fellowship in gastroenterology and hepatology at Lenox Hill Hospital and continues his work in the field of medical-student and resident-test preparation. He now serves as the associate program director for the Internal Medicine Residency Program at Brookdale University medical center.
He is also the co‐author of several medical test prep books and serves as the chief operating officer for Medquest Test Prep and director of medical education for Picmonic Test Prep.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Fish Oils
Supplements can be a huge help if you’re looking to improve your diet, but the sheer number of capsules, liquids and tablets on the market is overwhelming. Newbies won’t know where to begin, and even wellness buffs have trouble keeping up. However, there’s one surefire supplement that can improve your health: fish oil.
Unlike many other supplements, there’s plenty of hard evidence that fish oil can improve your health and quality of life. Taking fish oil supplements for six months can reduce your risk of major cardiac events (like heart attacks), and they might help lower your blood pressure. Fish oil can also reduce inflammation and pain in patients with rheumatoid arthritis.
Fish oil supplements contain a combination of DHA and EPA, two essential Omega-3 fatty acids. They work in tandem to keep your body’s cells happily humming along. The Center for Disease Control recommends consuming about 1 gram to 1.5 grams of Omega-3s every day. It’s hard to reach that amount from food alone, so supplements are a must.
“Around 30% of fish oil is made up of omega-3s, while the remaining 70% is made up of other fats,” says Dr. Niket Sonpal, a physician in New York City. “What’s more, fish oil usually contains some vitamin A and D.”
Most fish oil supplements come in capsule form. (You can also buy liquid fish oil supplements, but they’re a tough sell if you aren’t a fan of fishy flavors.) They contain enough DHA and EPA to meet your daily requirements, but you’ll need to take two or three capsules per day to meet that goal. Many of these capsules add a little bit of flavoring or add coatings to the capsule shell to prevent “fish burps,” a common side effect.
Sonpal also recommends looking for a fish oil supplement that has a sustainability certification, such as from the Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) or the Environmental Defense Fund.
As for taking your supplements regularly, he suggests using them by the “Best by” date, and to never take a capsule that smells funky or rancid.
Adding fish oil to your diet is a safe, easy way to improve your overall health. Check out our Tips & Advice to determine which fish oil supplement is the best match for you.
The Fish Oil Buying Guide
- Fish oil supplements add Omega-3 fats to your diet. The two most common omega-3 fats in fish oil supplements are DHA and EPA. These fats work together to keep your body’s cells happy, especially the cells in your eyes and the ones involved in your cardiovascular system. You should always check with your doctor before adding any supplements to your diet, but some research suggests that fish oil may reduce your risk of heart disease and reduce the painful inflammation associated with certain medical conditions.
- The ratio of DHA to EPA varies from one supplement to the next. For example, BioSchwartz Omega-3 Fish Oil Supplement contains 1200 mg of EPA and 900 mg of DHA. Dr. Tobias Omega-3 Fish Oil capsules have 800 mg of EPA and 600 mg of DHA per serving. The Center for Disease Control recommends consuming about 1 gram to 1.5 grams of Omega-3s every day. You might need to try different supplements with different ratios of DHA and EPA to find your body’s fish oil “happy zone.”
- “Fish burps” are the most common complaint about fish oil supplements. If the capsule disintegrates before it reaches your stomach, you can burp up an unpleasant, fishy aftertaste. Some supplements, like Arazo Nutrition Triple Strength Burpless Fish Oil Capsules, add another flavor (like lemon) to mask the fishy taste. Others, like Dr. Tobias Omega-3 Fish Oil, add a special coating to their capsules to prevent them from breaking down too early. If you really hate the taste of fish, check out what steps your supplement takes to prevent “fish burps.”
- Larger fish oil capsules contain more Omega-3s, so you won’t have to take as many doses per day. However, fish oil supplements won’t do you much good if the capsules are too tough for you to swallow. Nature Made Burpless Omega-3 Softgels are about an inch long, while BioSchwartz Omega 3 Fish Oil Supplement are a bit shorter and thicker. Look for descriptions of the capsule size before you buy.
- Fish oil supplements can cause some side effects when you begin taking them. You might notice an upset stomach or bad breath. Take your supplements with a large meal and start at a low dose to reduce your risk of side effects.
- Look at the dosing instructions for your fish oil supplement before you commit. If you’re forgetful about taking pills, a twice-daily dose at breakfast and dinner might be a better idea than taking a supplement three times a day. You’ll need to take three capsules per day to benefit from Arazo Nutrition Triple Strength Burpless Fish Oil Capsules, but Nature Made Burpless Omega 3 Softgels only require two capsules every day.
- Take a look at the number of pills per bottle when you’re checking out the serving sizes. This will help you determine how long each bottle will last, which is helpful if you’re on a budget. A bottle of Dr. Tobias Omega-3 Fish Oil will last you just over a month. A container of Nature Made Burpless Omega 3 Softgels provides more than two months of fish oil supplements.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide