Manhattan Toy Infant Stim Mobile Travel Toy
Last updated date: December 9, 2019
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Toys For Cars & Strollers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Toy For Car & Stroller you should buy.
Editor's Note December 17, 2019:
Checkout The Best Toy For Car & Stroller (Attachment) for a detailed review of all the top toys for cars & strollers.
The high-contrast designs on this mobile are reversible, providing additional ways to keep babies busy. The graphics include bright colors as well as black and white for sensory development. It clips easily to stroller or car seat handles as well as other convenient locations.
In our analysis of 109 expert reviews, the Manhattan Toy Manhattan Toy Infant Stim Mobile Travel Toy placed 10th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
The beloved Infant Stim-Mobile is now available on-the-go! We’ve turned our award winning mobile into a compact, easy to attach travel toy. The Instant Stim-Mobile To Go features 3 reversible, visually engaging cards that display high-contrast images and encourage pre-reaching movement. Attaches easily to most strollers, car seats, and infant carriers with a sturdy, colorful plastic clamp. Wimmer-Ferguson toy graphics and designs are based on scientific research of visual development in early infancy. Each Wimmer-Ferguson toy is designed to engage baby from birth, providing playful opportunities to practice developmental skills. All toys feature high contrast graphics to encourage early visual activity and graphics are repeated from toy to toy to encourage “pattern recognition”. In addition to visual development, the Wimmer-Ferguson collection by Manhattan Toy also offers a variety of toys with features to benefit other key areas of an infant’s developmental growth including: eye-hand coordination, gross motor activity, self-awareness, sense of object permanence, and experience with cause and effect. Since 1979, Manhattan Toy has been making award-winning, high quality, educational toys for your baby, toddler or kid. From infant toys and baby toys to sensory development toys, our goal is to provide the safest and best toys available. All of our products, from the newest concepts to our time-tested classics, are innovatively designed to inspire imaginative play and are routinely safety tested to pass strict CPSC, ASTM, EN71 and Health Canada safety standards.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Toys For Cars & Strollers
Busy babies are often on-the-go alongside Mom or Dad. As their little brains are developing oh-so-quickly, they can easily become bored. A bored baby is not a happy baby, leading to fussiness and irritability that can quickly turn a pleasant outing into a stressful one.
Fortunately, there is an abundance of travel toys available that provide entertainment, engagement and education for babies, which all mean peace of mind and even a bit of relaxation for parents. When shopping for a toy that connects to your baby’s car seat or stroller, considering several factors will help you make the best selection.
As with any item you buy for your baby, safety is a top priority for travel toys. These playthings should connect quickly and easily to handles or furnishings without any risk of pinching little fingers or damaging the materials to which they are clipped.
Shopping for stroller or car seat toys from trustworthy brands and reputable retailers is an effective way to ensure you are buying a safe and reliable toy. High-quality items tend to last longer as well, making them budget-friendly purchases when compared even to less expensive toys that might break or fall apart with use.
Since babies have varying needs and abilities at different stages of their first year and beyond, look for toys that will entertain your little one now and in the future. For instance, newborns love to gaze up at interesting, contrasting patterns or bright colors, especially if they spin, rotate or sway with movement. As your baby grows, a toy that can also be grabbed, kicked and chewed on will likely be appreciated.
Look for travel toys that engage multiple senses. A variety of shapes, colors and designs will attract a baby visually and spark brain development. A stroller or car seat toy that plays music, crinkles when grabbed or jingles when batted provides aural stimulation. Toys with diverse textures encourage sensory play and motor skill development, as your baby will want to grab, squeeze, swat and mouth on the playthings.
In addition, parents welcome toys that attach to multiple pieces of equipment. Buying one toy that can connect to everything from a car seat or stroller to a crib, playpen or high chair is cost-effective and saves space.
The Toy For Car & Stroller Buying Guide
- One significant factor you will want to consider when shopping for stroller or car seat toys is how easy it will be to keep them clean. As you well know, babies put everything in their mouths, so being able to wipe away food particles, dirt and especially germs is essential. Look for a toy that you can disinfect without disassembling, if possible.
- If you decide on a travel toy that plays music, think about finding one that plays multiple tunes. Sure, “The Wheels on the Bus” is an adorable song, but listening to it 57 million times in a row can be grating for even the most zen of parents.
- Another consideration for musical devices is ease of use. If your baby loves the music but you have to push a button or wind it up to play again each time the song stops, you’ll have a difficult time doing anything else. A car seat or stroller toy that plays a melody continuously for a specific length of time might make life a little easier.
- Wee ones enjoy interactive toys much more if the toys are slightly challenging yet attainable. If your infant really wants to grab the teething ring or squeeze the crinkly toy but it is constantly just out of reach, you are likely to wind up with a loudly frustrated and grumpy baby.
- A travel toy that has multiple unique activities will keep your little one’s attention much longer. It will remain a favorite as your baby grows and develops, as well. For instance, a rattle, a mirror, a crinkly toy and a teether attached to a stroller activity set will be entertaining for infants who can peek into the mirror or bat at the rattle and will also be enjoyable for an older baby who can grab, spin, shake and twist the toys.
- Every type of plaything has the capability of becoming an educational toy. Keep your eyes peeled for activity sets that encourage fine motor skills, sensory interaction, hand-eye coordination and vision development.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide