Magna-Tiles Translucent BPA-Free Magnetic Tiles, 100-Piece
Last updated date: January 29, 2023
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Magnetic Tiles and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Magnetic Tile you should buy.
Update as January 29, 2023:
Checkout Keep Your Kids Occupied For Hours With The Best Magnetic Tiles for a detailed review of all the top magnetic tiles.
These colorful but translucent tiles are ideal for building shapes like animals and robots. You’ll get 100 pieces, each made from a thick but translucent BPA-free plastic and ceramic magnets built to last. The set is recommended for ages 3 and up and comes in a box that can be used to store the pieces between uses.
In our analysis of 18 expert reviews, the Magna-Tiles Translucent BPA-Free Magnetic Tiles, 100-Piece placed 6th when we looked at the top 8 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
The original 3D magnetic building sets that engage young minds by fusing together math, science and creativity. 100 translucent, colorful shapes including squares (4 large, 50 small) and triangles (20 equilateral, 11 right, 15 Isosceles). Sparks hours of imaginative free play in children. Anything they can dream, they can create! Develops math, science, spatial and tactile skills. Stem approved! Safe, durable and built to Last for years. Each shape has a base measurement of 3 inches / 7.62 cm. Ages 3 years and up.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Magnetic Tiles
Children have no shortage of options these days when it comes to playtime. There are traditional toys like dolls, along with modern games and playthings that come with built-in electronics.
But one thing never changes over the years: Parents are always looking for toys that will help their children use their imagination while also having fun. In recent years, magnetic tiles have become popular for parents of children ages 3 and up.
The concept of magnetic tiles is fairly simple. You get a set of small plastic tiles, each with a magnet attached. The magnets help the pieces stick together so children can organize them in different arrangements. Magnetic tiles can be used to build airplanes, animals, castles or anything else a child can imagine.
If you’ve shopped for magnetic tiles, you might have noticed that they vary in price. Some bear brand names that make them more expensive than others, but if you shop around, you can find quality alternatives for less. It’s important to determine the features that make a magnetic tile set superior before you start shopping to make sure you’re getting all the features you want for the price.
Tiles have plenty of educational benefits outside of simply sparking a child’s imagination. They’re often marked as STEM-friendly due to their relevance to science, technology, engineering and math disciplines that so many schools prize. Magnetic tiles, in particular, help with the engineering part of that, introducing children to the basics. You can also find magnetic tiles with non-magnetic cards to help children learn counting and spelling. For younger children, this can be a great way to supplement what they’ll learn in school.
For many parents, though, safety is the top priority. The type of plastic is important, especially if you’re concerned about toxins. You can find tiles made from non-toxic, BPA-free plastic, but you’ll also want to make sure the magnets are safe and the edges of the pieces are rounded to reduce injury risk.
The Magnetic Tile Buying Guide
- Most magnetic tiles are recommended for ages 3 and up, but look closely at the age recommendation before buying.
- Magnets can vary in their strength. Some are stronger than others, and weaker magnets may limit the structures your little one can build with the tiles.
- Children’s toys are reviewed by the U.S. Consumer Products Safety Commission to ensure they’re safe for children under the age of 12. This certification looks specifically for harmful levels of lead and phthalates. If you’re concerned about this, shop for products that are labeled CPSIA certified.
- If you have a light table handy, setting your child’s projects on top of it can create an interesting effect with some magnetic tiles that makes it seem like the tiles are glowing.
- Magnetic tiles are sold in large quantities. Typically, you’ll get 100 pieces or more in each set. Storing all of that can be challenging. If your tiles don’t come with a storage bag, you might want to look for a bag or container to keep them in.
- Any magnetic tile set will have a variety of shapes. Usually, you’ll get squares, circles, hexagons and other shapes. Some sets come with accessories like educational cards and pieces with attached wheels.
- The durability of magnetic tiles can vary. Look for a sturdier plastic and high-quality ceramic magnets if you want a set that will last through many years of play.
- Some sets come with instruction manuals with suggestions for projects that your children can build. This can kick off the fun and help your child get comfortable with building structures.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide