LUCID 5 Zone Lavender Memory Foam Twin Mattress Topper
Last updated date: June 24, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Twin Mattress Toppers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Twin Mattress Topper you should buy.
Update as June 24, 2021:
Checkout The Best Twin Mattress Topper for a detailed review of all the top twin mattress toppers.
This brand uses a special design that targets five separate body zones to help relieve pressure points. It is lightly scented in lavender, an aroma known to provide relaxation. The textured build is designed to promote airflow to help keep you cool while you sleep.
In our analysis of 28 expert reviews, the LUCID 5 Zone Memory Foam Twin Mattress Topper placed 6th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
This memory foam mattress topper is infused with lavender scent and features five body zones that optimize comfort and reduce pressure points at the head, shoulders, hips, knees and ankles. The result is ideal support that helps to lessen tossing and turning. The textured design also improves breathability for a more comfortable sleep climate. The scent of lavender has long been used for its calming and relaxing properties. LUCID takes comfort one step farther by infusing memory foam with the soothing scent of lavender. Add this topper to your mattress, then breathe deeply, relax and sleep well. Memory foam creates a comfortable sleep surface, conforming to the curves of the body to create an individualized experience that aligns the spine and eliminates pressure points. This LUCID mattress topper features 2 inches of a specialized memory foam formula that is incredibly plush, airy and responsive. Use and care : This mattress topper can take up to 48 hours to expand and can be used as soon as it has reached its approximate size, typically within a few hours. It’s best to let it expand in a warm, well-ventilated area. We recommend placing a mattress protector over this topper to eliminate the need for cleaning.This mattress topper can be spot cleaned with a mild detergent and damp cloth when needed, but it cannot be machine washed.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Twin Mattress Toppers
You need support from your mattress, but you also want it to be comfortable. Instead of spending extra money on a mattress that has a layer of gel or foam built in, you can buy a mattress pad to turn any mattress into one that uses the latest technology to keep you comfortable while you sleep.
Mattress pads come in a variety of formats, though. There are three major types of fillers you’ll find as you start shopping for one. Down alternative polyester filling is one of them, but if you go for this option, make sure the cover is stitched in a way that the filler won’t shift and move around after it’s been used for a while. You’ll also find memory foam, which conforms to your body, then returns to its original shape once your weight is removed.
In recent years, gel has become a popular material for mattress toppers. Gel not only provides comfort and support, but it also has properties that keep you cool while you sleep. If you tend to sweat and feel overly warm during the night hours, this can be especially useful.
One of the best things a mattress topper can do is relieve some of the weight on your pressure points. Pressure points are any areas of your body that press into the mattress. These depend on your sleeping positions. Make sure you know how you sleep and choose the topper designed to minimize those pressure points.
The Twin Mattress Topper Buying Guide
- You can easily buy a mattress topper online. It will be rolled up and stored in a box to ship. Once all the packaging is removed, plan to give the topper at least a day or two to expand and release its odors before using it. Each topper will have its own instructions for this.
- Gel is useful for absorbing movement. This means if you sleep with a partner, you won’t have to worry as much about motion transfer when one of you is tossing and turning all night.
- Mattress toppers vary in thickness. Make sure any mattress pad or fitted sheet you plan to use will fit around both your mattress and the topper before you buy. You may have to buy a fitted sheet with a “deep pocket” design.
- Some mattress toppers can be tossed into the washer when they need a good cleaning. This can be useful since bedding can host allergens and bacteria.
- In recent years, mattresses have built in odor-fighting features. Some use natural ingredients like green tea extract as an odor reducer. You’ll also find some that are lightly scented with relaxing aromas like lavender.
- Airflow can be an issue with mattress toppers. One that is textured or uses cooling gel can help reduce bacteria buildup and keep your bedding breathable.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide