Lucas Designer Expandable Softside Traveler Suitcase, 24-Inch
Last updated date: September 8, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Traveler Suitcases and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Traveler Suitcase you should buy.
Update as August 30, 2021:
Checkout The Best Traveler Suitcase for a detailed review of all the top traveler suitcases.
In our analysis of 34 expert reviews, the Lucas Designer Expandable Softside Traveler Suitcase, 24-Inch placed 16th when we looked at the top 17 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Make the most out of your next trip with our top-rated suitcases Lucas Softside Luggage Collection delivers a deluxe travel experience with the Ultra Lightweight collection. The aircraft grade aluminum handles are extra lightweight while maintaining a high standard for shock absorption and increased durability and strength. Its directional spinner wheels are ultra light weight and made from 100% virgin PU material to withstand long term wear. The concise design and high quality of the luggage will keep you styling on the go. Take on whatever travel may bring with this rolling bag. The dimensions of the suitcase with wheels, handle and stuffed front pocket: 26.6 X 16 X 11.5 inches. The dimensions of the suitcase without wheels and handle: 24.2 X 16 X 9inches The storage capacity is approximately 62 L not expanded. An additional 6 liters is available by expanding the suitcase The weight of the luggage is approximately 7.8 lbs
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Traveler Suitcases
In 2018 alone, $761.7 billion was spent on travel for leisure and another $327.3 billion was spent on business travel. If you find yourself traveling fairly often, you’ll want to invest in a quality traveler suitcase.
As you browse available suitcases, you’ll notice they either come in a hard outer shell or a nylon fabric. The hard shell luggage is more durable, while the nylon fabric bag is more lightweight. If you do opt for the nylon suitcase, make sure it has a water and stain-resistant coating.
Determine how much space you require, as there are traveler suitcases that have the ability to expand. Typically, the expanders are able to give you as much as 15% more room.
If carrying a suitcase during travel is hard for you, you’ll want to look for a model that has both 360-degree spinner wheels and an adjustable telescoping handle. All you have to do is push a button to release the handle and then pull the bag to your destination.
Safety is also a concern, especially if the items you pack have sentimental or financial value. You have the option of going with a traveler suitcase that is already equipped with a TSA lock or purchasing one separately.
The Traveler Suitcase Buying Guide
- Most traveler suitcases come with an inside accessory pocket and a set of compression straps; however, there are some models that offer exterior and side pockets for better organization.
- Review the airline’s limits on luggage size and weight. You don’t want to get to the airport and find out that your suitcase or carry-on weighs too much or is too big to fit in the overhead compartment.
- The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) has a website with all of the rules and regulations as to what you can and cannot pack in your bags.
- Size and extra features play a big role in the price of traveler suitcases. You’ll find the COOLIFE Expandable Spinner Suitcase, 20-Inch expands to 28-inches and is much bigger than the U.S. Traveler Rio Fabric Expandable Traveler Suitcase, 2-Piece, which means it costs a great deal more. Additionally, the American Tourister Moonlight Spinner Luggage, 21-Inch has a hard outer shell that makes it a bit more expensive then the Rockland Softside Upright Traveler Suitcase, 2-Piece, which is made out of a softer and less costly material.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide