L’Oreal Paris Revitalift Hydrating Hyaluronic Acid Face Serum
Last updated date: December 1, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Face Serums and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Face Serum you should buy.
Update as November 30, 2021:
Checkout The Best Face Serum for a detailed review of all the top face serums.
With 1.5% hyaluronic acid mixed with Vitamin C, this serum is designed to improve your skin’s radiance and minimize the appearance of wrinkles. The lightweight formula doesn’t feel uncomfortable on the skin, so you can either wear it under makeup or alone while sleeping. There are no fragrances, parabens or synthetic dyes.
In our analysis, the L’Oreal Paris L’Oreal Paris Revitalift Hydrating Hyaluronic Acid Face Serum placed 4th when we looked at the top 5 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Intensive hydrating 1.5 percent Pure Hyaluronic Acid Serum for face with Vitamin C moisturizes skin instantly for dewy glow and visibly plumped skin. Reduces wrinkles and boosts skin's radiance. Effective for all skin tones. Instant relief for dry skin. This hyaluronic acid moisturizer for face deeply hydrates skin immediately. In 1 week, visibly plumps for younger looking skin that feels firmer, more elastic and radiant; Skin looks and feels dewy instantly and overtime. Hyaluronic Acid (HA) is a potent hydration-attracting molecule naturally found in the skin. This formulation combines low-molecular and high-molecular weight for multi-depth hydration. Vitamin C is a vital antioxidant known to boost skin's radiance. Lightweight gel serum absorbs fast with no tacky feel or leftover residue. Sheer finish on skin and wears well under makeup as a primer. Use before makeup for a dewy boost of hydration. The perfect base for your dewy makeup look. Hyaluronic Acid Serum with Vitamin C for face and neck. Fragrance free, paraben free, mineral oil free, no synthetic dyes. Dermatologist tested. Suitable for every skin type: dry skin, oily skin, combination skin, sensitive skin and mature skin.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Face Serums
Throughout history, humans have been looking for the Fountain of Youth. While you may not be able to turn back time, the beauty industry is packed with products designed to stave off the signs of aging at least a little longer.
But most consumers know by now that creams can only go so far. That’s where serums can come in. While results are never guaranteed, it’s important to look at how each of them works before you invest in one.
The ingredient of the moment appears to be hyaluronic acid, a substance found throughout your body that is known for its moisture-retention properties. Hyaluronic acid starts to deplete as a person ages, adding to the aging effects caused by the loss of collagen and elastin. The beauty industry has found a way to create hyaluronic acid in a lab using bacteria, and that’s the ingredient you find in so many face serums today.
But do these hyaluronic-acid products work? According to clinical research, the key is in the size of the molecules. Larger hyaluronic acid molecules only hydrate on the surface, which helps, but for best results, you’ll need hyaluronic acid in both larger and smaller molecules so that the smaller molecules can sink deeper into the skin and work on the lower layers.
You’ll also find ceramides in some beauty products. Ceramides are found in skin cells and, in fact, make up 50% of the outermost layer of skin. As with hyaluronic acid, ceramides diminish over time, so topical application is designed to replenish what you’re losing. The idea is to gradually diminish the dull, dry skin that comes from lost ceramides to improve the appearance of your face, neck and other areas where you’re applying the serum.
Another product you’ll find in some of today’s face serums is caffeine. In small amounts, caffeine’s antioxidant effects can help protect cells. But some classic skincare ingredients remain popular today, including Vitamins C and B5.
The Face Serum Buying Guide
- Serums come in multiple sizes, but you’ll notice many are in 1-ounce bottles. You’ll only apply a small amount each day, so even tiny amounts can last a while. One great thing about these smaller sizes is that they travel more easily than larger beauty products. That makes it easy to take your serum on the go with you.
- Serum should be massaged onto the skin using upward motions. You’ll typically only need a few drops.
- Exact application instructions vary based on the serum you choose, but usually you’ll put it on a freshly washed face, beneath your moisturizer and makeup. Some skin types will find that serum is enough, with no moisturizer needed, but many people choose to use both.
- Fragrance sensitivities are important, but even if you don’t have a sensitivity, you might want to look for serums that eliminate scents. This will help you avoid creating a layering of fragrances from your serum, moisturizer, makeup and other beauty products.
- It can take time for a new beauty product to take effect, especially with ingredients like hyaluronic acid. The product may promise results in a few days, but it’s more likely you’ll have to apply faithfully every day for several weeks to start noticing a difference.
- Some beauty products can be heavy on the skin, making them difficult to wear under makeup. Look for a face serum that isn’t greasy while also forming a light layer on the skin.
- Wrinkles aren’t the only issue serums can help alleviate. You’ll also find serums that help with blemishes and spots, as well as puffiness under the eyes. Knowing your particular problem areas can help you identify the best cosmetics to help you overcome them.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide