LiveWell Collagen Peptides
Last updated date: March 27, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Collagen Peptide Powders and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Collagen Peptide Powder you should buy.
In our analysis of 25 expert reviews, the LiveWell LiveWell Collagen Peptides placed 7th when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note June 11, 2020:
Checkout The Best Collagen Peptide Powder for a detailed review of all the top collagen peptide powders.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
LiveWell LiveWell Hydrolyzed, type I & III Collagen Peptides are sourced from grass-fed, pasture-raised, Grade A bovine, and certified hormone-free and 100% non-GMO. Containing 19 naturally occurring amino acids, Collagen Peptides are enzymatically formulated for enhanced bioavailability and absorption to support bone and joint health, strengthen hair, skin, and nails, improve gut and immune function, and benefit the body's overall cellular structure, so you can live well. LiveWell Collagen Peptides The Source: Collagen is the most abundant, naturally-occurring protein found in the human body and is the building block for your cells, tissues, and organs, making it essential for healthy bones, joints, skin, hair, and nails. As we age, we naturally lose collagen, and modern diets are less abundant in collagen, which can lead to stiffness, swollen joints, sagging skin, wrinkles, and more. Increasing your body’s reserves with hydrolyzed collagen can improve joint health, digestion, brain health, and give you more youthful-looking skin, thicker, healthier hair, and stronger nails. Happy woman exercising The benefit of hydrolyzed collagen is that it has been broken down into shorter chains, called peptides. The resulting powder is virtually tasteless and odorless, and you can easily stir it into anything you’d like, and it blends right in. We ensure our hydrolyzed collagen peptides are sourced only from grass-fed, pasture-raised, Grade A bovine, and certified hormone-free and 100% non-GMO because we know grass fed cows are happier and healthier. Free of harmful fillers and additives, our collagen peptides are the best way to counteract the effects of aging, increase flexibility, and rebuild and repair your health. FDA Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Brand Benefits - made in the USA, 3rd Party Tested
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Collagen Peptide Powders
Collagen is an important protein found within the human body. It has a host of benefits and can be found in many different parts of the body, including your muscles, skin, tendons, bones and blood vessels. It’s also essential for good digestive health. If you’re on the hunt for the best collagen peptide powder, read this helpful guide before you buy.
Examine the collagen peptide powder supplement’s product label to determine its quality. For example, some powders have a lab test verification, a good manufacturing practice certification and a grass-fed, pasture-raised cattle stamp to show the cattle were never given antibiotics or hormones. The Sports Research Unflavored Collagen Peptides Powder is third-party certified and non-GMO verified.
Make sure the collagen powder works with your current diet. Unfortunately, most collagen powders are derived from bovine sources, which means they aren’t vegan or vegetarian-friendly. The New Zealand Collagen Peptides Powder, however, does work with paleo diets and it’s certified kosher. Individuals following a gluten-free diet can also use this brand, as well as anyone who’s staying away from GMOs and products that have been exposed to pesticides.
Check to see if the powder is flavored, as this may affect the taste of the drink or dish you add it to. The Orgain Hydrolyzed Collagen Peptides Protein Powder is unflavored and will dissolve in both cold and hot beverages. It’s also free of sugar, so it won’t sweeten your smoothies or beverages or interfere with your current diet plan. If you don’t want to add the powder to a drink, you can mix it in with a side dish instead, like mashed potatoes or applesauce.
Look for any extra nutrition that the collagen supplement may have to offer. The BioSchwartz Collagen Peptides Protein Powder, for example, has 18 amino acids, which is 10 more than most of the other brands on the market. Other brands have included vitamin C in their formulas, which is excellent for boosting your immunity during cold and flu season. You’ll even find a few companies use a digestive enzyme blend in their collagen powders to aid in breaking down the powder so it can be quickly absorbed by the body.
DWYM Fun Fact
Collagen is a protein that is naturally found in the body. It contributes to the health of the body’s hair, skin, nails, joints and bones. As you get older, your body begins to produce less collagen on its own. When this happens, you can increase your intake of collagen-rich foods or add a collagen supplement to your diet.
The following foods are best for individuals who need to boost their collagen levels:
- Wild fish with the skin attached
- Bone broth
- Egg whites
If you opt to add a collagen supplement to your diet instead, you’ll find most of them are made from collagen peptides. These are derived mainly from bovine, marine or porcine and contain at least 90% protein. They also have important amino acids that aid the body in absorbing the supplement.
So what benefits do collagen peptide supplements offer? For starters, they renew and repair your skin cells and help keep them firm. They reduce stiffness and swollen joints, which in turn relieves pain when walking. Collagen peptides are also essential for good gut health. They heal your gut’s lining and help your intestines absorb water. Additional benefits of taking a collagen peptide supplement include an increase in your metabolism, stronger teeth and better cardiovascular health.
The Collagen Peptide Powder Buying Guide
- Always review the collagen peptide powder supplement label, as some may contain eggs, shellfish or nuts that could cause an allergic reaction in some individuals.
- Some collagen supplements state that you must wait up to two months to see results. This means you may need to purchase the supplement more than once before you can definitively say that it does or does not work.
- Not all of the collagen peptide powders dissolve easily in cold drinks. You’ll need to use hot liquids, like coffee or tea, to break up the powder for consumption. If you prefer a cold drink, you can always add ice cubes to cool your drink down after you’ve dissolved the powder.
- Always store the collagen peptide powder in a cool dry location. Moisture-rich environments may cause the powder to clump or spoil before the expiration date listed on the product label.
- Place the collagen supplement up high if you have children or pets in the home. Even though the product is all-natural, it may still be harmful if not taken properly.
- Make an appointment with your family physician to review the collagen peptide powder nutrition and ingredient label to ensure it is safe for you to take. This is especially important if you take any other medications that may interact negatively with the supplement.
- Pregnant women and nursing mothers will also need to consult with their OB/GYN before taking a collagen peptide powder.
- Keep in mind that dietary supplements are not required to be evaluated by the federal government, so the health claims made by the manufacturer may not have been tested.
- Consider supporting a collagen manufacturer that gives back. For example, one company donates a portion of each sale to the non-profit organization Vitamin Angels. This organization supplies important nutrients to mothers and children in need.
- As you review the price for collagen peptide supplements, you need to determine the cost per serving. To do this, simply divide the price of the product by the number of servings. You’ll find the Orgain Hydrolyzed Collagen Peptides Protein Powder and the BioSchwartz Collagen Peptides Protein Powder are the cheapest with the New Zealand Collagen Peptides Powder falling in the middle. On the higher end of the price scale is the Sports Research Unflavored Collagen Peptides Powder.