Lipper International 293-4 Wooden Stylish Salad Serving Bowls, 4-Pack
Last updated date: September 2, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Salad Serving Bowls and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Salad Serving Bowl you should buy.
Update as September 15, 2022:
Checkout The Best Salad Serving Bowl for a detailed review of all the top salad serving bowls.
In our analysis of 18 expert reviews, the Lipper International Wooden Stylish Salad Serving Bowls, 4-Pack placed 11th when we looked at the top 14 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Lipper International provides exceptionally valued items for the kitchen, home, office, and child’s playroom. Known for their functionality and beauty, each of our products is individually crafted from the finest quality materials. These unique bowls are made from durable and rubberwood that has been stained with a food-safe dark cherry color that is perfect for any decor. Use them to hold fruit, serve salads, or just to decorate around your home. Hand wash with a mild soap and cool water. Do not soak. Do not put in the dishwasher, microwave or refrigerator. Extreme changes in temperature will cause the material to crack over time. Dry thoroughly. Occasional use of mineral oil on the inside will help maintain its appearance.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Salad Serving Bowls
Salads are a great addition to just about any dinner creation you can come up with, so you’ll want to have a quality bowl on hand that can be used day after day. Of course, salad bowls have plenty of other uses around the home as well, including holding fresh fruit in the kitchen or displaying decorative balls as a centerpiece on your dining room table.
When you’re ready to begin your quest for the best salad serving bowl, look for the following features:
Decide what type of material you’d like the salad bowl to be made out of. You may wish to go with a high-quality acrylic that is clear yet elegant. If you do, you must make sure the material is listed as BPA-free. Otherwise, it may contain toxins that could leak into your food.
There are also stylish salad bowls made of tempered glass, as well as bowls constructed from wood. Both are equally desirable, and you may simply wish to choose a design that matches the other kitchen appliances and utensils that you already own. For example, if your items are more contemporary in design, you may want to go with the Lipper International Acacia Wave Serving Bowl, which is made of high-quality acacia wood and has a unique wave design along the rim.
Consider how sturdy you need the salad bowl to be. Some bases can be a little slippery, which means they might slide across your table. Look for a salad bowl with six legs that keep it from tipping over or landing in your lap.
Decide how long you need the salad to remain available for guests. While you won’t have a problem leaving a bowl of salad out during a normal dinner, it isn’t a good idea for a salad to be left in warm temperatures for an extended period of time. If you plan on having an afternoon barbecue or you’re going to a potluck, you may want a bowl that can keep the salad nice and cold. Consider a salad bowl that has a lower bowl that holds ice, an upper stainless steel bowl for the salad and a lid to keep the cooler temps from escaping.
The Salad Serving Bowl Buying Guide
- Not all salad bowls are created equal. While some are dishwasher-safe (and shock-resistant), others must be washed by hand. Models that require hand washing are also not safe for use in microwaves or refrigerators. When you’re ready to wash your salad bowl, use a little dish soap and cold water. Never soak the bowl and always towel dry after rinsing the bowl clean.
- Certain salad bowls are susceptible to cracking over time if they are exposed to extreme temperature changes.
- If your salad bowl is made from wood, considering using mineral oil on the inside every once in a while. This will help the bowl keep its attractive appearance.
- Wood salad bowls need refinishing over time. Remove the old finish using #00 steel wool. Afterward, wipe away the dust using a lint-free cloth. Add a new finish to the salad bowl using food-grade walnut oil. You’ll want to apply two coats, waiting a full 24 hours in between each coat.
- Depending on the type of salad you’re making, you may want to rub the bowl with an herb before you toss the salad in it. Many chefs use this trick to add flavor to their salads.
- There’s no need to throw away old salad bowls when you buy a new set. Consider using them in one of many different craft projects. You can make a birdbath with them, or flip the bowl over so it can be used as the top of an indoor acorn decoration. You can use an old sweater as the base of the acorn and then attach a 2-inch cut from a tree branch on top of the salad bowl as the acorn’s stem.
- Matching serving spoons may not be included, so make sure you budget for a set before you start shopping.
- As you start browsing salad bowl prices, you’ll notice that most models hover around the same price range. Some models with a contemporary design are able to command a higher price.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide