LAYCOL Infant Covered Floatie
Last updated date: October 10, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Floaties and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Floatie you should buy.
Update as October 10, 2022:
Checkout The Best Floatie for a detailed review of all the top floaties.
This pool floatie is made to keep infants comfortable — it includes an elevated front to prevent overturning, wide sides, double air chambers and a shoulder strap. The float itself is made from durable, leak-proof PVC material. The removable canopy is breathable and has SPF 50+ sun protection built in.
In our analysis of 7 expert reviews, the LAYCOL Infant Covered Floatie placed 3rd when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Removable Canopy. The baby float for pool come with a breathable and removable UPF50+ sun canopy to protects baby’s skin away from sun, enjoying summer time anytime, anywhere. Baby-safety material. Made of durable leak-proof PVC material,passed the CPC Standards which is the highest and strictest international safety standards of toys, making it 100% safe and non-toxic, friendly to baby’s skin. Multi-Flod Safety Protection. Double-layered Air Chamber, Raised Front, Widened Sides, Shoulder Strap, Abdomen Support, Bottom Croth, keeping infant in place to advoid forward overturning, flip over or sliding out, safety is always the first. Two swim ways. Support Breaststroke/Backstroke. Upgraded into 2 swim ways which is backstroke and breaststroke with different buckle method, two ways are more interesting. Nice gift choice. Packaged by beautiful Colorful Box, Provide 2xFree Toys, 1x manual pump for easy inflation. Easy to inflat and fold for storage and transport. (80%-90% of inflating is enough).
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Floaties
A good float can make pool time a little more enjoyable. Instead of exerting your energy in swimming, you can kick back and relax while you’re in the water.
But once you start shopping for a pool float, you’ll quickly learn that there is a wide range of options available and picking just one can be tough! You can choose a float that makes it easy to lounge and relax, or you can choose one designed to support your upper body while you use your legs to move around. If you have children, there are floats designed for various age ranges, too.
With children, safety is a top priority. You can even find floats for infants and toddlers that have safety straps built in. Often these floats are designed to ensure they don’t deflate easily, adding an additional layer of security.
Floats can be made for a variety of purposes, from holding food and beverages to bringing game accessories into the water. If you’re looking for a float for sunbathing, you’ll need one that will let you recline on both your backside and your stomach for an even tan. You might also want to scope out one with cupholders to keep you hydrated while you’re outside.
The Floatie Buying Guide
- Floats will naturally need to be inflated. Although a pool pump can expedite things, consider that you might not always want to go searching for one. A float that you can easily inflate by blowing into the valve will make it easier.
- Inflation can be challenging with larger floats made from thicker material. A pump might come in handy for those situations, so make sure you keep your pump close by.
- Many modern floats are made with PVC, a type of plastic polymer that provides more durability while also being flexible enough to keep you comfortable.
- Even the most durable material can suffer a puncture, especially with the stress of waterplay and being packed up frequently to take on the go. You may wish to make sure you have a repair kit on hand.
- Often floats for younger children will have features like dual air chambers and a safety valve to keep air leaks from creating a danger. One that has straps to keep an infant firmly in place can give you that extra peace of mind. However, most floats are not safety devices so you’ll need to closely supervise your little ones in the water.
- Floats come in a wide range of sizes. Make sure you know the dimensions of your float before buying. An extra-large float could be a problem if you have a small pool, but it can be perfect for using in bodies of water like oceans and lakes.
- Some floats are designed for younger children to ride atop. If you go with this type of float, make sure there are safety features like handles. Check the weight capacity if you want multiple kids to join the fun.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide