KUOGO Easy Install Security Portable Door Lock, 2-Pack
Last updated date: May 26, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Portable Door Locks and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Portable Door Lock you should buy.
Update as May 26, 2022:
Checkout The Best Portable Door Lock for a detailed review of all the top portable door locks.
This portable door lock prevents entry into your apartment, dorm, or hotel room, adding a layer of security to help you feel safe. Using the lock is as easy as 1, 2, 3. Simply place the metal side into the slot of the door lock, shut the door, and attach the handle groove to the stud on the metal.
In our analysis, the KUOGO KUOGO Easy Install Security Portable Door Lock, 2-Pack placed 4th when we looked at the top 9 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
SECURITY AND PRIVACY – This portable door lock provides you with extra security and privacy, greatly improving your security and preventing unauthorized entry, so the door can’t be opened from the outside, not even with a key; which is a great helper for you when you are on business and trips, or live alone. EASY TO USE – Easy to install or remove, this door lock can be installed in seconds without any tools, even in emergency situations and in the dark. Just insert the metal piece into the slot of the door lock, close the door, and then put the handle groove to the stud on the metal sheet, then no one can open the door from outside. HEAVY DUTY LOCK – The door security device is made of strong stainless steel. Rugged ABS plastic cover to prevent damage to doors under pressure. Steel surfaces with electroplating and polishing technology ensure a smooth touch and minimize any injury to your skin. A strong door lock with high quality may guarantee prolonged service life. WIDELY USED – The security door stopper contains two holes of different sizes to ensure that all types of door locks are matched. Perfect for hotels, dormitories, apartments, short-term rentals, Airbnbs, bathrooms, bedrooms, or private rooms. It may also be applied to avoid pets going out, and also to prevent children from opening their doors to strangers. PORTABLE LOCK – Package comes with two inside lockers, one for my apartment door and one for travel. Size 4.3 x 1.26 x 0.4 inches with 0.78inch (2 cm) and 1.2inch (3 cm) holes, lightweight and small, you can put it in a pocket or handbag. It only suitable for swing-in door with door hole less than 1.1 inches, not for sliding door , double open door , slat door, and swing out door.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Portable Door Locks
If you’ve ever worried about the strength of the locks in your hotel room, you know the benefits a travel lock can bring. In fact, with more people staying in vacation rental homes than ever, portable security locks have gained attention in recent years. You don’t know who has access to your vacation home when you’re staying there, so an extra lock can provide protection against previous guests who still have the keycode.
A secondary lock should be small enough to slide into the pocket of a purse or suitcase without weighing you down or getting in the way. But it should also be sturdy enough to provide the security you need, use after use. Hopefully, you’ll never have to test its strength in a real break-in situation, but you’ll want the security of knowing it will work if necessary.
For best results, look at the materials used to put the security device together. It should be made of heavy-duty materials like steel. Any secondary pieces should easily hold up. Some security locks are built to slide over the strike plate, while others are more of a doorstop, sliding under the bottom of the door to keep it from budging.
With the type of lock that fits over the strike plate, the key is to fit over the existing setup without damaging it. These devices can vary in how they work, but usually, you can put them in place in a matter of seconds. You may need to follow the instructions the first couple of times but once you get the hang of it, you’ll find it’s easy.
Before you buy a portable door lock, check the door specifications. Many of them only work with a door that opens inward. These locks are designed for hinged doors, too. If you have a sliding door, you’ll need a different kind of security lock.
The Portable Door Lock Buying Guide
- If you’re buying a portable door lock for use in vacation homes and hotel rooms, make sure the design won’t damage the door.
- Although you can easily tuck your portable door lock into a pocket, having a storage pouch can be useful. If your lock doesn’t come with one, consider purchasing one separately.
- With some portable door locks, the red handle is everything. This is the piece that blocks the door when someone tries to open it. Look for a handle that’s thick and solid and can withstand great force.
- Some portable door locks come with a built-in alarm. If someone tries to open the door, the alarm makes an ear-piercing noise. It’s not connected to emergency personnel, but it could be enough to scare someone away.
- Before you slide the lock into place, look carefully at any instructions. Some will let you test it before you install it.
- You may want to test the lock to make sure it’s secure after it’s installed. Have someone stand outside the door and try to open it.
- Although portable door locks are great for traveling, if you’re looking for something for a longer-term residence, like an apartment or dorm room, it might be worth investing in a deadbolt lock. If one isn’t provided, check with your landlord or dorm advisor to ask if it’s okay to install such a thing.
- How the device behaves when it’s removed is important, as well. You’ll want a lock that doesn’t break into multiple pieces as soon as you extract it from the door.
- For hotel rooms, doorstop-style locks work well. They can handle a wide range of door stops and will easily store in your luggage or carry-on bag.
- Try to avoid leaving valuables in your rental house or hotel room when you’re out. You won’t have your extra security lock to protect everything. You may want to use the hotel room’s safe or bring your own if you’re staying in a rental house.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide