KMMOTORS Jops Car Garbage Bin
Last updated date: June 22, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Car Garbage Cans and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Car Garbage Can you should buy.
This car garbage bin uses long adjustable straps, so that you can hang it anywhere in your car, including the headrest. Made from durable cloth, you can rest assured that this can is both durable and leak-proof. We love that you can use the bin for storage or even as a cooler when traveling long distances. In our analysis of 135 expert reviews, the KMMOTORS KMMOTORS Jops Car Garbage Bin placed 3rd when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note June 22, 2020:
Checkout The Best Car Garbage Can for a detailed review of all the top car garbage cans.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Make your car clean - Jopps Garbage can has 1.85 Gallon Capacity, leak proof trash bag can helps keep your car clean & tidy. The trash bag is handy and convenient way to stay organized while traveling or vacationing. Which can keep your car clean, organized and free of trash. Adjustable straps - Maximum 23cm, which is long enough to fit around anything in my car like your headrest. With the adjustable strap and the snap, this car garbage can be the one your own. Oxford cloth - Jopps is constructed with a high quality durable materials and leak-proof design.The leak proof garbage bag is constructed out of rugged pack cloth that it can provide maximum strength, durability,and longevity. Multifunctional : This Car trash can is not only a trash can but can also be used as a storage bag for toys, drinks or important documents. Our travel trash can is that it also doubles as a travel cooler. The thermal insulated waterproof liner holds ice to keep drink and snacks cold for hours in the car or picnicking. Caution : The plastic bag is not included and is for reference purpose.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Car Garbage Cans
If you have a family or spend a lot of time traveling from place to place in your car, you know it doesn’t take long for trash to accumulate. Having a garbage bin in the car is the best way to keep snack wrappers and empty juice boxes from making their way to the floor of the vehicle. Car garbage cans are also easy to empty at the end of the week. As you shop for the best bin, you’ll want to keep the following information in mind.
Determine whether you’d like the garbage can to have disposable liners or a reusable liner. The Lusso Gear Spill-Proof Car Trash Can gives you the option to take out the inner liner when emptying trash or using the provided hooks for attaching disposable liners that can be tossed at the end of the week. Some models come with a set of disposable liners, but even if they don’t, most models work well with old grocery bags.
Examine the materials used to make the car garbage can next. Is it made following eco-friendly practices? Is it waterproof for handling drink spills? The KMMOTORS Jops Car Garbage Bin is made using a high-quality Oxford cloth. It is leak-proof and extremely durable, which is important if you’re traveling with children or pets. Some models are made with a vinyl lining that protects the can against stains.
Review your needs to determine what capacity you need your vehicle’s garbage bin to be. You’ll find models typically collect between 1.5 and 2.5 gallons of trash before they need to be emptied. If you have a large family, you’ll want to go with the 2.5-gallon version. Otherwise, you’ll be emptying the bin every other day instead of once a week.
Look at how the car garbage can is secured. The High Road Console Car Trash Can with Lid offers two methods for holding the bin in place. You can use the cinch-lock cord over your console to keep the can on the floor or the strap to hang the bin from your headrest. There are models with extra-long adjustable straps that allow you to secure the garbage can anywhere you’d like. These cans can also be used on a boat or in an airplane.
Consider any extras that the car garbage can offers. Some models come with lids to help keep odors contained, while other units, like the Drive Auto Products Can Garbage Can, come in a choice of colors. There are even bins with as many as three pockets for storing everything from hand sanitizer to a travel pack of tissues.
DWYM Fun Fact
Most ancient civilizations reused many of their items and when they had leftover food scraps, they fed them to their animals. What little items they couldn’t find a new purpose for, they buried. The Romans were the first to organize a team to walk the streets to pick up garbage for transport to a dump location. In 1354, King Edward III had men collect garbage once a week to be thrown into the river. This practice continued for 30 years before a new law was passed that forbid trash from being dumped in any public waterways.
In 1875, England created garbage bins for homes. Each week, workers would come and empty those bins and charge the homeowner for their service. The United States first tried this system out in 1885 in New York, but it wasn’t until 1914 that garbage collection became a common practice. First, workers used horse-drawn carriages to pick up trash from residents. Second, motor cars became used for collection. Today, we have garbage trucks designed solely for the task of pick-up and transporting trash. We also have a variety of trash cans within our home, and even several models made for collecting the trash that ends up in our cars.
The Car Garbage Can Buying Guide
- Always look for a car garbage can with sturdy construction and design elements. You’ll want a car garbage can that’s built to last.
- While disposable trash bag liners are handy, you may want to go with a reusable model to cut costs. If you do, you’ll need to remove the liner once a week or so and wash it. You can do this with warm water and liquid dish soap, but you’ll also want to disinfect the liner every once in a while. Vinegar is an excellent option, or you can go with the handy cleaning wipes that kill 99.9% of germs and bacteria.
- Sprinkling a little baking soda at the bottom of your car garbage bin is another way to help keep odors to a minimum in between emptying.
- Proper placement of your car’s trash can is important. You don’t want to open your car door only to have the trash fall out and roll away on a windy day. Use the provided straps and make sure they are snug, so the bin can’t move around.
- Vehicle garbage cans don’t have to be used just for garbage. Instead, you could place them next to your children to hold a few toys, coloring books or gaming devices. This will keep them occupied during the ride. Some cans are even insulated, which means you can use them as a cooler when traveling to visit family. You can fill them with water bottles and juice boxes and use the side pockets for snacks and utensils.
- Consider signing your family up to participate in a community cleanup day. This is a great way to educate children on the importance of proper trash disposal, and it’s also a wonderful way for the entire family to keep the environment healthy.
- The best way to compare car garbage bin prices is to look at how many gallons of trash the model can hold. The Drive Auto Products Car Garbage Can, High Road Console Car Trash Can with Lid and KMMOTORS Jops Car Garbage Bin are all comparable in price because they all hold around 1.5 gallons of trash. The Lusso Gear Spill-Proof Car Trash Can, however, commands a higher price, as it can hold a total of 2.5 gallons of trash before needing to be emptied.