Kizmos 5057494 Magnetic Multi-Purpose Bag Clips, 7-Piece
Last updated date: June 25, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Bag Clips and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Bag Clip you should buy.
You'll get seven colorful bag clips with your purchase. The clips can be used to keep your potato chips and pretzels nice and fresh after opening, as well as hold the page to your recipe book open and display important reminders on your refrigerator. They even work well to display photos across a decorative string on your wall. In our analysis of 24 expert reviews, the Kizmos Kizmos Magnetic Multi-Purpose Bag Clips placed 5th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note June 25, 2020:
Checkout The Best Bag Clip for a detailed review of all the top bag clips.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Keep opened bags of snacks fresh with this set of Kizmos Bag Clips. The pads on the inside of the clips keeps bags tightly sealed, and each clip has a magnetic back making them great for hanging recipes, messages, photos, appointments and more. Set of 7 snack clips in fun, assorted colors. 1.5" long.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Bag Clips
In order to avoid wasting food, you need to make sure the food stays fresh. When it comes to bagged foods, it isn’t practical to transfer remaining servings to a plastic storage container every time you open a bag. To keep this type of food from spoiling, you’ll want to invest in a quality bag clip set.
Look for a bag clip set that is durable, so you don’t have to replace the set prematurely. For example, the LEYOSOV Heavy Duty Magnetic Seal Bag Clip is made out of stainless steel, which doesn’t rust and stays tough for years. It also resists odors and stains. This is an attractive feature, especially since you’ll be using the clips to store food.
Next, consider the size of the bags you typically buy. Just like your snack bags, bag clips come in a variety of sizes. You can purchase a set of large clips, as well as a set of small clips. The UNIYO Assorted Sizes Plastic Chip Bag Clip actually comes with both sizes. Each set of nine bag clips comes with three large clips that measure 6 inches by 3.5 inches and six small clips that measure 3 inches by 2.5 inches.
Review the design of the bag clip to determine if it has any extra features that make it more desirable. Does it come with rubber non-slip grips or a solid airtight seal? The Cook With Color Magnetic Airtight Chip Bag Clip are equipped with magnets in the back, which allows them to be stored on the refrigerator. Consumers can even hang important reminders, recipe cards or children’s coloring pages from the clips.
If you have small children at home, you’ll want to buy a bag clip set that is attractive to kids. That way, they will be more likely to use the clip after getting their own snack. The Kikkerland Woodlands Bag Clip is an excellent choice, as it comes in several fun colors and is decorated with cute woodland creatures.
DWYM Fun Fact
The first person credited with inventing the bag clip is Jim Shaw. As with most inventions, Shaw saw a problem and came up with a solution. In this case, the problem was keeping potato chips fresh after opening the bag and removing a serving size. The solution was a wide clip that could seal the open end of the bag closed. He then presented his solution to the Frito Lay company in 1980. Shaw neglected to obtain a patent for his clip, however, so two years later another inventor, George Welch, was able to create a clip and have it patented.
The Bag Clip Buying Guide
- If any food or drink spill onto your bag clips, you can quickly clean them with a rag dipped in a little dish soap and water.
- You can use a permanent marker to label each clip if you plan on using them for a variety of foods. For example, you may wish to keep one clip solely for securing a bag of nuts, so you could write “nuts” across the center of the clip. This is especially helpful if anyone in the home is allergic to nuts.
- Bag clips are a great way to secure goody bags for children’s birthday or school holiday parties. You could add a set of googly eyes to turn the gift bag into a creature or glue a heart to the top of the clip when celebrating Valentine’s Day.
- You don’t have to reserve your bag clips for use with food only. They also come in handy for a variety of other tasks. You can use them to hold a set of napkins during a picnic to keep them from blowing away, attach them to the top of a stack of papers to keep them organized or clip them to a certain page in your recipe book to keep it open while you follow the directions.
- Before you decide which set of bag clips has the best value, you need to figure out the cost per clip. To arrive at this number, you simply need to divide the total cost of the set by the number of clips in the set. When you do this, you’ll discover that the Kikkerland Woodlands Bag Clip is one of the more affordable brands. You’ll pay a moderate price for both the LEYOSOV Heavy Duty Magnetic Seal Bag Clip and the UNIYO Assorted Sizes Plastic Chip Bag Clip. At the top of the price range is the Cook With Color Magnetic Airtight Chip Bag Clip set, which has a more unique design.