KitchenAid K400 Presets Soft Start Countertop Blender
Last updated: December 29, 2021
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
We looked at the top Countertop Blenders and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Countertop Blender you should buy.
Users of this countertop blender can select between the following three pre-set recipe buttons: ice crush, icy drinks and smoothie. Once the proper recipe button is chosen, you can turn the dial to one of the five speed settings. The blender is oversized and can make 7 cups of your favorite recipe at once.In our analysis of 62 expert reviews, the KitchenAid K400 Presets Soft Start Countertop Blender placed 10th when we looked at the top 15 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
This blender is great for delicious creations with Preset Recipe Programs: Ice Crush, Icy Drinks, and Smoothie. Or, control the taste and texture to fit your personal preference with the 5-speed variable speed dial. The Soft Start Feature starts the motor at a slower speed to pull food into the blade then quickly increases to the selected speed setting to avoid splatter. It also features Intelli-Speed Motor Control, which senses contents and maintains the optimal speed to power through all ingredients. The unique asymmetric blade that blends at four distinct angles to pull contents into the blade. Working with the 1.5 Peak HP motor, the blade creates a powerful blending vortex to power through the toughest ingredients. Use 3 Preset Recipe Programs: Ice Crush, Icy Drinks, and Smoothie. Or, control the taste and texture to fit your personal preference with the 5-speed variable speed dial. The motor starts at a slower speed to pull food into the blade, then quickly increases to the selected speed setting to avoid splatter.
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Countertop Blender Rankings
From shakes to smoothies and beyond, a blender can become one of your most prized appliances. If you’re determined to get healthier, a blender can become an essential tool, helping you make nutrient-rich smoothies. But it’s also great for blending margaritas for your summer pool parties or making shakes for the kids.
There’s no shortage of criteria to consider when you’re shopping for your next blender. Durability is important, but you also want to make sure it can handle every challenge you send its way. If you plan to make frozen drinks, for instance, you’ll need a blender that can easily crush ice into small bits. But a blender with a motor strong enough to tackle those tasks comes with a few downsides as well.
One issue is noise. Some blenders are quieter than others, but the ones that get high marks for tackling every challenge are often the loudest. You’ll also pay a premium for blenders that can handle a wide range of recipes. But there are blenders that are less expensive and also capable of making the drinks and shakes you’ll enjoy most often.
When you aren’t making tasty concoctions, you’ll need to store your blender. If you have a gigantic kitchen, you may have counter space to store it in a corner somewhere. But most homeowners want to tuck it away. It’s important to pay close attention to size and weight to make sure it will be easy to slip under the counter when it’s not in use.
Of course, even as you’re considering all of those things, you’ll probably still be concerned about your budget. Some blenders may seem to have a hefty price tag but once you read everything it will do, you’ll decide it’s well worth it. It can help to be honest from the start about the types of recipes you’ll make with your blender. By cutting out luxuries like mixing cake batter, you may be able to save money.
- It’s hard to beat the Vitamix line of blenders, assuming you’re willing to pay for a professional-grade blender. The Vitamix 5200 Blender can expertly handle any task you send its way, whether you’re blending sorbets, ice cream, or frozen drinks.
- Some Vitamix models have five pre-programmed settings. They also have a pulse mode, while other blender models do not.
- The secret to powerful blending is in the motor. Some models have a 2 horsepower motor. Keep in mind that some 5-speed blenders have a sufficient motor to handle smoothies and basic chopping, but they can burn out if you work them too hard.
- Another consideration when choosing a blender is recipe availability. The Vitamix blenders come with a few recipes, but you can also find blender recipes specific to that brand online. Although you can always pull up general recipes that work with any blender, it’s nice to have some that are customized to the appliance you own.
- If you want to store your blender under the counter when not in use, look for a low-profile pitcher that makes it easy to slide into shorter shelves.
- Clean-up time is an important consideration as well. The Vitamix blenders aren’t dishwasher safe, so plan on handwashing after every use. Some models actually have a self-cleaning feature, which is quite handy.
- You don’t want to wake the entire house up just to make a breakfast smoothie. Look for a countertop blender that is known for being less noisy.