Kindred Hearts Danica 18-Inch Doll
Last updated date: July 26, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top 18-Inch Dolls and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best 18-Inch Doll you should buy.
Update as July 19, 2021:
Checkout The Best 18-Inch Doll for a detailed review of all the top 18-inch dolls.
Younger children will love this 18-inch doll, which has a soft body for safe play. The doll is adorably dressed with polka-dot leggings, a t-shirt, pink jacket and a set of boots. Of course, kids are welcome to purchase outfits separately and give the doll a few new looks.
In our analysis, the Kindred Hearts Kindred Hearts Danica 18-Inch Doll placed 2nd when we looked at the top 8 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Danica has Blonde hair and blue eyes. Kindred Hearts girls are best friends who share the belief that beauty Comes from within. They are always the First to open their arms and hearts to new friends. All Kindred Hearts dolls stands 18" In height. They have soft bodies and rotatable vinyl arms, legs and head. Their eyes open and close and they have beautiful long eyelashes. Their long rooted hair is easy to style. Compatible with all American girl and our Generation fashions.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On 18-Inch Dolls
Because their size makes them compatible with a lot of clothing, accessories and furniture, 18-inch dolls make a great gift for children who love to play pretend. While some 18-inch dolls are based on popular TV, movie and book characters, most of them serve as fashion dolls that often come with a realistic appearance and fun clothing to keep your child entertained.
When shopping for 18-inch dolls, you’ll usually find them either completely made of plastic or with a cloth body and plastic limbs. Cloth-body dolls work well when your child wants something cuddly, while the all-plastic dolls can be easier to keep clean.
Some 18-inch dolls come with fine details that can make them realistic. For example, their eyes may open and close, or they may have realistic eyelashes. Many also have hand-painted faces for a unique and expressive look.
Children often love to play with a doll’s hair, so you’ll find that 18-inch dolls usually have long, silky hair that is fun to style. Many dolls will have rooted hair that you can’t replace, while others will have glued-on wigs that may be swapped out for another if the hair gets damaged. You can even find some 18-inch dolls with hair your child can wash with mild shampoo for more opportunities to play.
Fashion is a big part of playing with an 18-inch doll, so you can shop around for dolls with clothing for various occasions, seasons and styles. Some dolls have fancy dresses, while others have winter clothing or swimwear. Accessories such as purses, necklaces and glasses are also common.
The 18-Inch Doll Buying Guide
- When you buy extra clothing for an 18-inch doll, keep in mind that sizing can vary depending on the doll’s shape and material. While you’ll find clothes that make a general claim to fit 18-inch dolls, you can still sometimes get a snug fit. So, it’s helpful to check for brand compatibility and check out customer reviews.
- If your child’s plastic doll gets dirty with play, first try to use water and a soft cloth to clean it. You can use dishwashing soap for some extra power or even toothpaste for more set-in stains.
- To fix an 18-inch doll’s tangled hair, try using a small misting bottle filled with water plus a brush made specifically for doll hair. Brush the tangles out gently to avoid damaging the hair. Never allow any hair products or chemicals on the hair.
- When researching dolls, keep in mind that many have posable limbs and a movable head. However, your child will want to avoid being too forceful with these dolls since the body parts can break off.
- If you’re shopping for an older child, you can find 18-inch dolls that come with their own books. This provides a fun storyline for the doll’s character and can encourage your child to read more.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide