KeySmart Magnetic Connector Quick-Release Keychains, 2-Count
Last updated date: May 25, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Quick-Release Keychains and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Quick-Release Keychain you should buy.
Update as May 25, 2022:
Checkout The Best Quick-Release Keychain for a detailed review of all the top quick-release keychains.
A magnetic dock makes this keychain easy to use. Simply pull on one end to separate your keys from the object you have it attached to, then reconnect together when you’re finished using your keys. It can hold up to 3 pounds of weight reliably.
In our analysis, the KeySmart KeySmart Magnetic Connector Quick-Release Keychains, 2-Count placed 5th when we looked at the top 6 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Magnetic closure. EASY ACCESS TO YOUR KEYS: No more digging in your pockets or purse to search for your keys! The detachable magnetic keychain dock makes finding your keys quick and easy – saving you time and frustration! FREE YOUR POCKETS: Instead of stuffing your keys into tight pants pockets which make it difficult to sit down, attach the MagConnect to your belt loop and lounge comfortably. QUICK AND EASY INSTALLATION: Attach one loop to your bag, purse, or backpack and attach the other loop to your keys like a standard keyring – then connect the two magnets to meet in the middle, this is overall an effective quick release keychain! SUPER STRONG KEYCHAIN MAGNET: Able to withstand up to 3 lbs of weight, MagConnect’s magnet ensures that your keys stay securely attached only until you give them a gentle tug to release!
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Quick-Release Keychains
How many keys do you have on your keyring? If you have just one key for your house and one for your car, consider yourself lucky. Some people are loaded down with multiple personal keys added to at least a couple of work keys. It can be convenient to keep two separate keyrings, but doing so can mean you find yourself stranded at home without your housekeys or at work without your work keys.
A quick-release keychain can ensure you always have your keys on hand while also offering the convenience of detaching some of them. You can keep all the keys you need for one location on their own ring, then pull only that ring when it’s time to unlock a door.
Some quick-release keychains feature a simple format that has you attaching the ring to a backpack or purse, then pulling the keychain off and reattaching it. By having a magnet or a quick-release feature, you don’t have to worry about completely detaching the loop from your item every time you need to use your keys.
Before you invest in a keychain, though, it’s important to choose one that will last. Silver is a popular metal for its durability, but it can easily tarnish, so you’ll want to look for one that’s coated to protect it from the elements. Stainless steel might be a better option since you get lasting brilliance combined with durability.
It’s also important to look at the clasping mechanisms. Magnets are popular for quick-release keychains, and they certainly bring an element of convenience, but you have to deal with the inconvenience of attracting other steel items when they’re nearby. A lobster clasp or twisting spring mechanism could be a better option.
The Quick-Release Keychain Buying Guide
- Any keychain is limited on capacity, but with a quick-release keychain, the mechanism needs to be able to support the weight. Check the maximum weight or number of keys recommended on the packaging before you buy.
- The release mechanism can vary from one keychain to another. Check for this and keep in mind how easy each one will be to use when your hands are full or you’re in a hurry. Magnetic connectors can be especially convenient, but you’ll need to make sure the magnetic connection won’t weaken over time. Some simply require you to press a button or twist to separate the keys.
- Not all release mechanisms are built to last. You may find some wear out over many uses. If you’ll be removing your keys multiple times each day, you’ll likely need a keychain that can handle the strain.
- Rust can be deadly to hardware like keychains. Try to avoid exposure to moisture and look for one that resists rust if you work in damp, humid conditions.
- Pay attention to the dimensions of any quick-release keychain you’re considering to make sure you know what you’re getting.
- You can buy quick-release keychains in multiples. This can come in handy if you have multiple sets of keys you need to take with you throughout the day. It’s also useful for equipping everyone in your household or on your team at work with quick-release keychains.
- A quick-release keychain can be a great small gift for a work colleague or service provider. It might even work well as a gift for your child’s schoolteacher.
- You can find quick-release keychains in a variety of colors if you want to express your personal style.
- One of the best things about quick-release keychains is that they can be attached to a purse or bag. Look at where you’ll attach it and make sure you get a keychain with a hook that works with the intended item.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide