KEVENZ Goose-Feather Badminton Shuttlecocks, 12-Pack
Last updated date: July 5, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Badminton Shuttlecocks and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Badminton Shuttlecock you should buy.
Update as July 5, 2022:
Checkout The Best Badminton Shuttlecocks for a detailed review of all the top badminton shuttlecocks.
This set includes 12 badminton shuttlecocks to fully equip you for each game. The material is advanced goose feather, and the feathers are treated to ensure they’re soft to the touch. This treatment also helps give each shuttlecock stability to keep it steady in flight.
In our analysis of 11 expert reviews, the KEVENZ Goose-Feather Badminton Shuttlecocks, 12-Pack placed 1st when we looked at the top 4 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Uses high-quality goose feathers, goose feather texture clear, goose feather straight thick stool, good fight resistance, great badminton play resistance and excellent flight stability. Feathers arranged in neat rows, 16 feathers with the same length, uniform arrangement, enables great flight stability.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Badminton Shuttlecocks
Badminton may be a popular sport, but you’ll rarely see it on TV. There’s a reason for that. The objects players send back and forth are tough to track with the naked eye, which also means they’re tough to pick up on video. They’re lightweight, which means they can move quickly, making them difficult to track.
Those speedy projectiles go by the name “shuttlecocks.” If you’ve played badminton, you know they’re cone shaped, with the cone attaching to a piece of plastic with a rounded shape. The cone has traditionally been made from feathers, but in recent years, manufacturers have chosen alternatives like plastics and synthetics or a hybrid of synthetics and plastics with feathers.
The biggest benefit to feather shuttlecocks is that they offer easier control than nylon versions. Often more advanced players will opt for feathers because they’re more concerned with quality gameplay than durability. These shuttlecocks are best stored in a humid environment to prevent the feathers drying out. Beginners typically will find nylon shuttlecocks are a better option.
Plastic shuttlecocks aren’t quite as lightweight as feather-based shuttlecocks, but they do bring a durability and ease of maintenance that makes them better for beginners and recreational players. Feathers create a bit of drag during the game, which helps slow them down, improving control. You’ll lose a little of that with nylon shuttlecocks, but that does speed up the game and make it more intense.
There is a happy medium between the two. Hybrid shuttlecocks feature a plastic frame with duck or goose feathers on the ends. With this option, you get great durability while also enjoying the many benefits of feather shuttlecocks. This option is newer than traditional feather or full plastic, so they’re a little harder to find.
The Badminton Shuttlecock Buying Guide
- Badminton shuttlecocks are sold in sets. Look at how many you’ll get before you buy. If you’re just buying a set to play with your family, a set of six may suffice, but you can find shuttlecock sets that include as many as 24.
- Not all feathers are created equal. Often goose or duck feathers are used in creating shuttlecocks, but you’ll get varying quality in the selection of feathers and how they’re attached. You should also look for feathers that have been treated to give them the softness you need as your shuttlecocks sail through the air.
- Some shuttlecock manufacturers overlap the feathers to give them enhanced stability. This can be beneficial for serious players who want to perfect their game.
- If you opt for nylon shuttlecocks, make sure you’re choosing one that’s lightweight enough that they won’t affect your game. You’ll want options that are durable without sacrificing gameplay.
- The base of the shuttlecock plays a role in how well they work, too. Look for shuttlecocks with a lightweight base to avoid having it impact your game.
- Although many shuttlecocks are white with a red base, you can find a multitude of colors. Some are made in bright colors to make them easier to spot as they’re in the air.
- Badminton can be played both indoors and outdoors. While some shuttlecocks are versatile enough to be effective in either environment, some are geared specifically for one or the other. Make sure you know what you’re getting.
- Some shuttlecocks use a cork material for the design that gives a more satisfying feel when your racket makes contact with it.
- You’ll also need to put some time into choosing your badminton racket. Some are head-heavy, while others are head-light and a third group evens the balance between the head and the shaft. If you prefer to play from the back of the court, you’ll likely want a head-heavy racket, while doubles players will likely prefer head-light rackets.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide