Kejora Organic Purple Garlic Bulbs For Planting, 2-Pounds
Last updated date: May 2, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Garlic Bulbs For Planting and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Garlic Bulb For Planting you should buy.
Update as May 2, 2022:
Checkout The Best Garlic Bulbs For Planting for a detailed review of all the top garlic bulbs for planting.
You can choose to plant these bulbs or eat them raw or cooked. They are certified organic. There are between four to five bulbs in this package.
In our analysis, the Kejora Kejora Organic Purple Garlic Bulbs For Planting, 2-Pounds placed 5th when we looked at the top 6 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Purple Garlic. USDA Organic Certificated. Great for planting, eating and or cooking.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Garlic Bulbs For Planting
Used as both food and medicine around the world, people have been enjoying the benefits of garlic since at least the 25th century BC. From soup to salad dressing to bread to casseroles, garlic is used in so many different things. Not only in the kitchen, garlic is an important part of the medicine cabinet, where it offers antibacterial, anti-fungal and antiviral properties. Garlic can also reduce the accumulation of cholesterol and help to regulate blood sugar levels. Plus, it is used to prevent colds and respiratory illnesses. It is a member of the onion family and closely related to shallots, leeks and chives.
How does garlic grow? A bulb is planted below the ground, and sends up a tubular and hollow set of leaves, followed by a flower stalk, which is also called a scape. The flower grows from this area, and tiny bulbs can also begin to sprout on the flower head. Unlike some vegetables, every part of the garlic plant can be eaten. However, it is the bulb which is most commonly used in the kitchen. The bulb consists of several cloves, which are each wrapped in a husk that has a papery feel. If you actually plant a single clove at the right time, in early spring or fall, it will grow into a small bulb
You may be limited to the types of garlic you can grow depending on your climate. If you live in a mild climate which doesn’t get too cold, then softneck garlic is ideal for your garden. If you live in a place with severe winters, then you will want to go with a hardneck garlic variety.
The Garlic Bulb For Planting Buying Guide
- Many people like to limit their garlic consumption because it is known to cause bad breath. However, the odor of garlic was actually thought to ward off against demons, vampires and werewolves in ancient European folklore. As a result, people used to hang bulbs of garlic around the house and rub the cloves along their chimneys, keyholes and windows.
- The best time to grow garlic is to plant the cloves between September to November. You can also plant them at the beginning of March if you want a fall harvest.
- If planting cloves, don’t skin them. keep the skin on when placing them into the ground, about four to six inches apart and about one to two inches deep. If you get a lot of rain, you may want to plant the garlic a little bit deeper. If you have heavy soil, then you don’t need to plant too deep.
- The best type of soil of growing garlic is rich and well draining. Add compost to add nutrients into the soil. Be sure not to compact it by stepping on it. It’s important for the soil to be loosely packed.
- When garlic begins to sprout in the spring time, ensure you water and weed frequently. You can cut the flower stalks when they spout to save the blub energy.
- Sometimes, the clove you plant won’t grow into a full bulb and form individual cloves. In this case, you can actually replant it again next year to see if it will blub. (You can also eat it!)
- How do you know when it’s time to harvest? When the tops of the garlic are starting to dry is the best time. Some people actually wait till most of the plant has fully dried up before harvesting it.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide