Joypro Black And Blue Magnetic Hand Putty, 2-Pack
Last updated date: April 24, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Magnetic Putties and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Magnetic Putty you should buy.
Editor's Note July 1, 2020:
Checkout The Best Magnetic Putty for a detailed review of all the top magnetic putties.
In our analysis, the Joypro Joypro Black And Blue Magnetic Hand Putty, 2-Pack placed 7th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
This magnetic putty is really magnetic, it can be moved freely and faster An educational toy for the growing kids who can learn what is the magnetic field It can be mold any shape as you want,ideal for developing childern's intelligence and releasing adults' stress The magnetic space putty can be stretched and bounced like rubber, shaped and sculpted like clay, so fun to play with CE and SGS certification, it's safe and reliable. Non stain & non-toxic.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Magnetic Putties
You likely have at least encountered Silly Putty at some point in your life, so it’s understandable that you’d want to introduce it to your children. But Silly Putty has seen various versions over the years, including those that glow in the dark and change colors.
Silly Putty is actually a viscoelastic liquid that also has some elastic to it. The hydrogen bonds between the molecules in Silly Putty can be easily broken, but the design of the material breaks it down more as increasing pressure is applied. This makes Silly Putty especially malleable, which is why you can go from bouncing it on the floor to stretching it out.
A new trend in Silly Putty involves making it magnetic. Instead of merely stretching the putty around using your fingers, this means you can apply pressure with a magnet. This adds an extra element of fun for children while also making it a tool for teaching how magnets work. But it’s also a fun toy for adults, who find it can work as a stress reliever, similar to the many other stress-relieving toys found on desks.
To make silly putty magnetic, manufacturers add iron oxide particles to the material. Simply hold a magnet close by and the putty turns into a “blob,” gradually swallowing the magnet in a way that’s fun and entertaining.
But magnetic putty isn’t just for playtime. The material also has practical uses. Astronauts have used it to suspend items in space, and it’s been used underwater to test structures and pipes for damage.
It’s important to note that you can’t just use any magnet with this type of putty. To get the material to swallow the magnet in the way you want, you’ll need an extra-strong magnet that has ferromagnetic properties. Even with the right type of magnet, though, you may find you’ll need plenty of patience since the process can take a while.
The Magnetic Putty Buying Guide
- You’ll need a specific type of magnet for magnetic putty to perform at its best. Check to make sure your magnetic putty comes with a magnet to save yourself the trouble of tracking one down.
- Not all silly putty is safe for children of all ages. Look at the recommended ages of the magnetic putty you’re buying before you make your purchase.
- Keep in mind that even though putty isn’t designed to be eaten, younger children will sometimes try to ingest it. Even if it isn’t eaten, children could touch it and put their fingers in their mouths. Carefully check the list of ingredients and make sure younger children are supervised while they’re playing with it.
- If a member of your household has gluten sensitivities, you can find magnetic putty that’s gluten free. There’s also putty that’s free of latex for households sensitive to that.
- Flexibility varies widely between putties. Some have a more liquid-like structure that creates an ooze. This can be fun for watching the material swallow the magnet, but if you want a putty you can form into shapes or bounce, you’ll want to stick with one that has a thicker structure.
- Multipacks are great if you have more than one child, but they can also make fun gifts for parties and sleepovers. You can buy them in packs going as high as the hundreds, so look for that if that’s something you’re considering.
- When it comes to colors, there’s no limit to what you’ll find with magnetic putty. They often come in bright, vibrant colors. If you want to make things more interesting, track down a pack that has a variety of colors. This can also be useful in giving each child in your household a different-colored putty he can call his own.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide