JDMON Compact Mechanical Oil Filter Wrench Remover Tool
Last updated: November 10, 2022
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
We looked at the top Oil Filter Wrenches and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Oil Filter Wrench you should buy.
In our analysis of 36 expert reviews, the JDMON Compact Mechanical Oil Filter Wrench Remover Tool placed 12th when we looked at the top 12 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
1.Perfect Fit: The oil filter wrench can remove the oil filter from 2.4 inch to 3.8 inch (60mm-95mm) in one way ,fit 1/2,1/4 and 3/8 inch square driver ratchet which can remove various models of vehicles. 2.Premium Quality: The oil filter wrench is made of 45# carbon steel which is much stronger than normal material and more durable and handy to remove oil filter. What’s more, it won’t damage your car or hurt yourself. 3.3 Jaw Design: The tool is designed 3 jaw anti-drop design with firm hold on filter, helping users remove filters quickly, with less slip and without hassle. Claws fit tighter as more torque is applied. 4.Bonus Gift: The JDMON oil filter wrench includes 1/2”-3/8”&1/4”-3/8” drive adapter that can fit 1/2,1/4 and 3/8 inch square driver ratchet which can meet different demand. 5.What You Get: 1 X oil filter wrench,1X 1/2”-3/8” drive adapter, 1X1/4”-3/8” drive adapter.We offer life-time technical support, if you have any issues about item, please contact us by e-mail.
What experts liked
Oil Filter Wrench Rankings
Since oil filters are greasy, they can be difficult to remove without the proper tools. An oil filter wrench is a must-have, as it is able to provide a tight grip, even if the filter is oily. Whether you’re a professional mechanic looking to add an oil filter wrench to your tool collection or someone who enjoys doing their own vehicle maintenance, you’ll want to keep the following features in mind as you shop.
Check that the oil filter wrench is comfortable to hold. Some models come with rubber handles that allow for a good grip, while others have handles that are textured. You’ll also find models, like the Lisle 57030 Standard Oil Filter Swivel Wrench, that swivel a full 180 degrees. That allows for getting the tool into those hard-to-reach spaces.
Review which size filters the oil filter wrench is able to remove. It is possible to purchase a set with a small wrench that works on filters up to 4 inches in diameter and a large wrench that is able to accommodate filters of up to 6 3/8 inches in diameter. Other wrenches are made using a universal design that works on most passenger car and SUV oil filters.
Look for an oil filter wrench that is built to be tough and durable. For example, the Motivx Tools Oil Filter Wrench is constructed from a high-quality 6061 T5 aluminum that won’t crack under pressure. Other wrenches are made from stainless steel, which is known for its ability to resist rust.
Determine if the oil filter wrench comes with any extra features that make it a better buy. Some options come with an adapter that allows you to use them with any 3/8- or 1/2-inch drive ratchet or breaker bar. There are also models that are completely waterproof.
- You’ll need to make sure that the oil filter wrench fits your specific vehicle before you purchase it. You can check the product listing to search for your vehicle or use the handy verification tool that most sites provide at the top of your screen. You simply need to enter your vehicle’s year, make and model and click the “check fit” button.
- When using the oil filter wrench to loosen the filter, you need to turn it counterclockwise. To tighten the filter, turn the wrench clockwise.
- While replacing your filter, remember to oil the gasket and avoid over-tightening the new filter. Otherwise, you’ll have issues removing the filter the next time you need to change it.
- Make sure you have a dedicated space to store all of the tools you need to change your oil filter. This may be in the drawer of your tool chest or on a shelf in your garage, but keeping the tools together is the best way to prevent misplacing them.
- Take the time to clean your oil filter wrench after each use, as this helps extend the life of the tool. This is easily done with a few stainless-steel cleaning wipes. If you have WD-40 and a lint-free rag on hand, you could also use them to get your tool nice and clean.
- Since oil filter wrenches, in general, are not expensive, price shouldn’t be a hindrance to your purchase. Of course, you’ll still want to make sure you’re getting the best deal. You’ll find the Lisle 57030 Standard Oil Filter Swivel Wrench, is affordable. You’ll pay a bit more for the Motivx Tools Oil Filter Wrench, which uses a more sophisticated design.