Jade Active Premium Upright Standing Broom & Dustpan Set
Last updated date: May 6, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Brooms And Dustpans and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Broom And Dustpan you should buy.
Skip the heavy brooms that are hard to hold and go with the lightweight Jade Active Standing Broom & Dustpan Set instead. You'll still enjoy maximum cleaning power, as the bristles are quality made and safe for use both indoors and outdoors. They're even waterproof! In our analysis of 19 expert reviews, the Jade Active Jade Active Standing Broom & Dustpan Set placed 4th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note May 6, 2020:
Checkout The Best Broom And Dustpan for a detailed review of all the top brooms and dustpans.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Broom and Dustpan Combo The perfect combo to keep your house tidy on all occasions. Perfect for sweeping kitchen, living room, office or your lobby. Extra-long for brooming without destroying your back! Broom and Dustpan Set Black Broom Handle dustpan broom black lip perfect to broom rake, broom, cleean, well Handy Snap-On Clip Broom and dustpan clip together, Easy to put away and store even in tight spaces. Perfect Edge Rubber lip that sits flush with the floor so no dust or small debris can go under the pan. Dustpan With a Bite Handy teeth to comb out any dust or hair that got stuck in your bristles.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Brooms And Dustpans
To keep your home clean and free of dirt and debris, you’ll need a quality broom and dustpan set. While you can purchase each of these items separately, it’s best to get a pair that has been designed to work together. There are a few features you’ll want to keep your eye out for as you browse the available models.
Begin by checking the height of the broom’s handle. This is especially important if you are above average in height, as a short handle will require you to bend over to properly use the broom, which can be tough on your back and waist. The SANGFOR Extendable Upright Broom & Dustpan Combo is easy to assemble and actually extends from 40 inches to 54 inches with just the twist of the handle.
Next, take a look at your available amount of storage. It doesn’t matter which broom and dustpan model you select when storage isn’t an issue, but if you have only a small space in which to keep your cleaning tools, you’ll want to go with a model like the Jade Active Standing Broom & Dustpan Set. This set snaps together and folds upright to fit in the gap next to your refrigerator or in between your washer and dryer.
Where you plan on using the broom and dustpan set is also important. Some models are designed for indoor use, while others work best in outdoor areas. The Quickie Lobby Broom & Dustpan Set actually works well inside and outside, so you can use it to clean up sandwich crumbs in the kitchen and fallen leaves on your front porch.
Added features may help you choose between two models that are similar otherwise. A dustpan with an anti-skid rubber bottom, for example, is a good choice, as it creates a seal between the floor and the dustpan so you’re not sweeping the dirt under the dustpan. The TreeLen Upright Dustpan & Broom Combo is another good option thanks to it being equipped with a comb that quickly removes animal hair. You won’t have to bend over to remove the hair from the bottom of the bristles.
DWYM Fun Fact
While a variety of homemade brooms have been in existence for a long time, it wasn’t until 1797 that the broom we know and love today was invented. It was created by a Massachusetts farmer named Levi Dickenson.
Surprisingly, the dustpan wasn’t invented until much later. The first patent for this companion to the broom was obtained in 1858 by T.E. McNeill. The dustpan version that we are familiar with, however, was designed in 1897 by Lloyd P. Ray.
There are quite a few Guinness World Records associated with the broom. The largest broom was created by Kreateam in 2006 in the Netherlands. It measured just over 107 feet in length. In May of 2018, the largest broom dance was awarded to 737 individuals from India. The specific dance was initiated by the Prime Minister of India.
The Broom And Dustpan Buying Guide
- Some dustpans have a small width. Keep in mind that it will be harder to sweep a large dirt pile into a dustpan with a small width.
- While soft bristles do a great job of sweeping up messes, if the bristles are too soft, they won’t collect fine dust or spilled flour very well.
- Reviewers warn that some dustpans come with a large manufacturer sticker label that is difficult to remove. There are two things you can do to make removing the sticker easier. You can spray it with vinegar, wait a few minutes and scrape it off or you can hold a blow dryer over it for five minutes before scraping it off.
- If the bristles on your broom become entangled at any time, run a wide-tooth comb through them to get them to go back to their original position.
- While most broom and dustpan sets don’t come with a product warranty, you may find a few companies that offer a 100% happiness guarantee. Whether there is a guarantee or not, it’s always worth giving the company a call if you are unhappy with your purchase for any reason. They may be willing to issue a replacement set or simply give you your money back.
- For the most part, the cost for a broom and dustpan set doesn’t vary by much. An extra feature or two may drive the price up a little, but not by a great deal. For example, the SANGFOR Extendable Upright Broom & Dustpan Combo, the Quickie Lobby Broom & Dustpan Set and the Jade Active Standing Broom & Dustpan Set are all similar in price, however, the TreeLen Upright Dustpan & Broom Combo commands a few dollars more thanks to the addition of a built-in scraper.