Jade Active Premium Upright Lightweight Standing Broom & Dustpan Set
Last updated date: July 28, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Dustpan Sets and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Dustpan Set you should buy.
Skip the heavy brooms that are hard to hold and go with the lightweight Jade Active Standing Broom & Dustpan Set instead. You'll still enjoy maximum cleaning power, as the bristles are quality made and safe for use both indoors and outdoors. They're even waterproof! In our analysis of 36 expert reviews, the Jade Active Jade Active Standing Broom & Dustpan Set placed 6th when we looked at the top 15 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note July 28, 2020:
Checkout The Best Dustpan Set for a detailed review of all the top dustpan sets.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Broom and Dustpan Combo The perfect combo to keep your house tidy on all occasions. Perfect for sweeping kitchen, living room, office or your lobby. Extra-long for brooming without destroying your back! Broom and Dustpan Set Black Broom Handle dustpan broom black lip perfect to broom rake, broom, cleean, well Handy Snap-On Clip Broom and dustpan clip together, Easy to put away and store even in tight spaces. Perfect Edge Rubber lip that sits flush with the floor so no dust or small debris can go under the pan. Dustpan With a Bite Handy teeth to comb out any dust or hair that got stuck in your bristles.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Dustpan Sets
To keep your home clean and free of dirt and debris, you’ll need a quality broom and dustpan set. While you can purchase each of these items separately, it’s best to get a pair that has been designed to work together. There are a few features you’ll want to keep your eye out for as you browse the available models.
Begin by checking the height of the broom’s handle. This is especially important if you are above average in height, as a short handle will require you to bend over to properly use the broom, which can be tough on your back and waist. Some brooms are easy to assemble and actually extend from 40 inches to 54 inches with just the twist of the handle.
Next, take a look at your available amount of storage. It doesn’t matter which broom and dustpan model you select when storage isn’t an issue, but if you have only a small space in which to keep your cleaning tools, you’ll want to go with a model that snaps together and folds upright to fit in the gap next to your refrigerator or in between your washer and dryer.
Where you plan on using the broom and dustpan set is also important. Some models are designed for indoor use, while others work best in outdoor areas. Of course, there are also dustpan sets that work well inside and outside, so you can use them to clean up sandwich crumbs in the kitchen and fallen leaves on your front porch.
Added features may help you choose between two models that are similar otherwise. A dustpan with an anti-skid rubber bottom, for example, is a good choice, as it creates a seal between the floor and the dustpan so you’re not sweeping the dirt under the dustpan. Another good option is a dustpan set that is equipped with a comb that quickly removes animal hair. You won’t have to bend over to remove the hair from the bottom of the bristles.
DWYM Fun Fact
While a variety of homemade brooms have been in existence for a long time, it wasn’t until 1797 that the broom we know and love today was invented. It was created by a Massachusetts farmer named Levi Dickenson.
Surprisingly, the dustpan wasn’t invented until much later. The first patent for this companion to the broom was obtained in 1858 by T.E. McNeill. The dustpan version that we are familiar with, however, was designed in 1897 by Lloyd P. Ray.
There are quite a few Guinness World Records associated with the broom. The largest broom was created by Kreateam in 2006 in the Netherlands. It measured just over 107 feet in length. In May of 2018, the largest broom dance was awarded to 737 individuals from India. The specific dance was initiated by the Prime Minister of India.
The Dustpan Set Buying Guide
- Some dustpans have a small width. Keep in mind that it will be harder to sweep a large dirt pile into a dustpan with a small width.
- While soft bristles do a great job of sweeping up messes, if the bristles are too soft, they won’t collect fine dust or spilled flour very well.
- Reviewers warn that some dustpans come with a large manufacturer sticker label that is difficult to remove. There are two things you can do to make removing the sticker easier. You can spray it with vinegar, wait a few minutes and scrape it off or you can hold a blow dryer over it for five minutes before scraping it off.
- If the bristles on your broom become entangled at any time, run a wide-tooth comb through them to get them to go back to their original position.
- For the most part, the cost for a broom and dustpan set doesn’t vary by much. An extra feature or two may drive the price up a little, but not by a great deal. For example, the OXO Good Grips Brush & Dustpan Set and the Full Circle Tiny Team Mini Brush & Dustpan Set are similar in price, however, the Full Circle Clean Team Brush & Dust Pan Set and the Casabella Brush & Dustpan Set command a few dollars more thanks to the addition of a built-in scraper.