iSmile Teeth Whitening Pen, 2-Pack
Last updated: November 16, 2023
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
We looked at the top Teeth Whiteners and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Teeth Whitener you should buy.
You'll get two travel-friendly whitening pens in this pack, ensuring you always have a spare on hand. This pen uses the same whitening formula dentists use, with 35% carbamide peroxide. It takes only one minute to apply, and many users start seeing significant results within a week.In our analysis of 44 expert reviews, the iSmile Teeth Whitening Pen, 2-Pack placed 7th when we looked at the top 14 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Our compact design measured only 5” so easy to whiten your teeth on the go, anywhere, anytime. Remove stains from coffee, wine, soda, smoking, and more. Many people experience whitening after the first application. Experience up to an 8 shade whiter smile in 7 days with our enamel safe 35% carbamide peroxide formula. The same formula you’ll find at the dentist. Our innovative whitening kits were designed by a team of leading dental experts in a FDA registered facility to be gentle, yet effective.
Teeth Whitener Rankings
Teeth whitening is more popular than ever, but you’ll pay hundreds of dollars to have the treatment done through your dentist. Fortunately, there are plenty of much more affordable options, most of which are available over-the-counter at any drugstore. But with so many options, it can be tough to choose just one.
Whitening trays are similar to the ones you’ll get at the dental office at a fraction of the price. The dentist custom builds a mouthpiece to fit your mouth, but technology has made it easier for manufacturers to create a tray that conforms. Look for one that uses thermal-form technology so that it molds to fit your teeth for as tight a fit as possible.
Although trays can do a great job, many people prefer the convenience of whitening strips, which you slip on the teeth for a short time period, then toss in the trash. The gel is already on the strips, so there’s no work involved on your end. White strips are also very affordable compared to other options, making them a popular choice with consumers.
LED lights are another way to whiten your teeth. It’s important to note that the light itself does nothing. It’s the application of a solution containing peroxide that makes the difference. When the agent is applied and the light shone on it, the light speeds up the whitening process. At one time, UV light was used, but there were concerns about unsafe UV exposure. LED is a much safer alternative.
If you spend much time on social media, you’ve probably heard about a more natural alternative to traditional teeth whitening called activated charcoal. This product actually turns your teeth black while it’s doing the work, but those who want to eliminate peroxide completely from the process prefer it. Unlike other products, charcoal teeth whitening manufacturers don’t promise that the product will work for everyone, usually issuing the “results may vary” disclaimer in their fine print.
Whatever whitening process you use, it’s important to note that you may experience sensitivity when using peroxide on your teeth. The charcoal option eliminates that issue, but it may not be as effective on you as other people. Remineralization gel can help with sensitivity when you’re using peroxide-based products. It has also been shown in studies to toughen up enamel by helping to overcome the reduction of enamel microhardness that happens with bleaching.
- The biggest criteria for choosing a tooth-whitening solution is whether or not it works. The AuraGlow Teeth Whitening Kit works, but you may not find your teeth are as noticeably white as they would be with a few other products on the market. Results for other teeth whiteners are often mixed, with even the manufacturers themselves stating that they vary from one person to another.
- The application process is dramatically different between options. Perhaps the easiest is a whitening pen, which you merely apply using the provided pen. Brands that offer peel and stick strips are also quite easy to use. You’ll need to leave them in place for 30 minutes, then remove them and toss them in the trash. Some options work as a toothpaste, so you’ll need to use them on a daily basis. Most complicated is the AuraGlow Teeth Whitening Kit, which requires you to squirt some of the gel onto a mouthpiece, insert into your mouth, press a button and leave in place for 30 minutes. The mouthpiece isn’t exactly comfortable, either, especially for something you’re enduring for a full half an hour.
- Another consideration is how messy your treatments will be. The AuraGlow Teeth Whitening Kit has a mouthpiece you’ll have to clean between uses, making it more involved than other kids that use disposable strips. Perhaps messiest, though, is a charcoal-activated kit, which can stain anything it comes into contact with, including your sink and shower. You’ll have to clean the sink after spitting the solution out while also being very careful not to get any of it on your clothes.
- It’s important to also consider how long you’ll have to use the product to see results. Activated charcoal options can lighten teeth by several shades after only a few sessions, while you’re asked to use other brands for a full 20 days before seeing results. The AuraGlow Teeth Whitening Kit provides 20 days’ worth of gel when used as directed. You can use iSmile California Teeth Whitening Kit with LED Light, but it could take up to two weeks to see results.
- Tooth sensitivity is always an issue when you’re applying peroxide to your teeth. The AuraGlow Teeth Whitening Kit contains 35 percent carbamide peroxide, while other kids use hydrogen peroxide. Activated charcoal options include remineralization gel, which is said to reduce sensitivity while also helping prevent some of the very minute softening of the enamel that happens with whitening. However, you can buy remineralization gel separately to use with any teeth whitening product. Cali White Activated Charcoal has no peroxide whatsoever, so you shouldn’t experience any sensitivity.
- Another unexpected bonus with Cali White Activated Charcoal is that it helps detoxify the mouth, leading to fresher breath.
- Although most over-the-counter teeth whitening products are far less expensive than professional services, some are more affordable than others. You’re sure to find a tooth whitening kit that fits your budget, however.