Instinct Raw Boost Mixers Grain-Free Freeze Dried Dog Food Topper
Last updated date: September 30, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Freeze Dried Dog Food Toppers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Freeze Dried Dog Food Topper you should buy.
Beef, organs and non-GMO vegetables and fruits are included in this freeze-dried dog food topper. All of the ingredients are natural and responsibly sourced, so you can be sure your pet is getting only the best. In fact, the formula not only supports your pup's digestion, but will also improve his skin and coat. In our analysis of 16 expert reviews, the Instinct Instinct Raw Boost Mixers Grain-Free Dog Food Topper placed 2nd when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note September 30, 2020:
Checkout The Best Freeze Dried Dog Food Topper for a detailed review of all the top freeze dried dog food toppers.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Add raw to your dog bowl with Instinct Raw Boost Mixers all natural, grain free dog food toppers. Made with responsibly sourced all natural beef, beef organs and non-GMO vegetables and fruits.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Freeze Dried Dog Food Toppers
Though there’s no set standard for what dog food toppers should offer, these products typically contain ingredients that make them tastier and more nutritious to dogs. Added to pup’s dry food, dog food toppers can entice your pet to eat more while providing more of what they need.
Dog food toppers, including the freeze-dried versions, often double as pet treats. This means that, if you’re not offering a version that’s complete and balanced, you should limit toppers to 10% of your dog’s diet.
You may wish to feed your pup a freeze-dried dog food topper that is listed as all-natural. The Wellness Core Bowl Boosters Natural Dog Food Topper is one such brand. Its turkey flavor includes just four ingredients: turkey, mixed tocopherols, rosemary extract and green tea extract. The formula is grain-free and doesn’t contain any unnecessary preservatives, dyes, soy or artificial flavors.
Determine how much protein the freeze-dried dog food topper contains, as this is the most important ingredient. The Stella & Chewy’s Meal Mixers Grain-Free Dog Food Topper is made up of 95% grass-fed beef, organs and bone. Although you don’t need to go with a brand that has this high of a protein level, you do need to make sure the protein amount is sufficient.
Look for added ingredients that improve the nutritional content of the dog food topper. Some brands have fruits and vegetables that are rich in vitamins and minerals. The I And Love And You Stir & Bloom Dog Food Topper is made with superfoods, like ginger root, kelp and flaxseeds. You want the topper to support healthy digestion and improve your pup’s skin and coat.
Should you plan on traveling, you’ll want to make sure the freeze-dried dog food topper you select has a resealable top. This not only keeps the topper fresh, but also ensures none of the contents fall out during transport.
DWYM Fun Fact
The enhanced flavor of freeze-dried dog food toppers is loved even by picky dog eaters. If your pup is underweight or lacks an appetite, tossing a freeze-dried dog food topper in with his food may be all it takes to get him to finish his dinner.
Toppers make it easy to add a supplement into your dog’s food dish. Should your dog need to be medicated, you can simply mix the contents of a pill in with the topper. The topper’s more palatable taste will be more likely to tempt your canine pal to down the medication with food.
Remember to check with a vet whenever making major changes to your dog’s diet.
The Freeze Dried Dog Food Topper Buying Guide
- Freeze-dried dog food toppers that are made with raw meat should be handled with care. You’ll need to wash your hands immediately after handling the raw meat. This is the best way to prevent contracting a food-borne illness.
- Always follow the serving instructions on the back of the freeze-dried dog food topper’s product packaging. It will list the serving size by cups based on your dog’s weight and desired calorie intake.
- If you decide to use the freeze-dried dog food topper as a full meal, you should gradually transition from your pet’s current chow to the topper. To do this, slowly add more of the topper and less of the old dog food over the course of 10 days. This will prevent your dog from experiencing any stomach discomfort.
- Although most freeze-dried dog food toppers are relatively soft, you can still rehydrate them with a little water for senior dogs who can’t chew tough foods.
- Some pet owners choose to use freeze-dried dog food toppers to train their pups. Each time the dog responds correctly, he is rewarded with the topper as a treat. Since the topper is so flavorful, this method works well.
- While you do not need to refrigerate freeze-dried food dog toppers, you do need to store them in a cool, dry location.
- When comparing the prices for different freeze-dried dog food toppers, look at the price per ounce. The I And Love And You Stir & Bloom Dog Food Topper is by far the cheapest option. You’ll pay a moderate price for the Instinct Raw Boost Mixers Grain-Free Dog Food Topper. Both, the Stella & Chewy’s Meal Mixers Grain-Free Dog Food Topper and the Wellness Core Bowl Boosters Natural Dog Food Topper have higher price tags.