Instant Pot DUO 7-In-1 Electric Pressure Cooker
Last updated date: October 5, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Electric Pressure Cookers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Electric Pressure Cooker you should buy.
Update as October 5, 2020:
Checkout The Best Electric Pressure Cooker for a detailed review of all the top electric pressure cookers.
This electric pressure cooker sets the standard for electric pressure cookers thanks to its affordability and versatility. You can use this Instant Pot to make meats and vegetables or creamy items, like yogurt and cheesecake. The three-ply stainless steel bottom ensures even heat distribution and retention. In our test kitchen, this multi cooker cooked the vegetables to perfection.
In our analysis of 54 expert reviews, the Instant Pot DUO 7-In-1 Electric Pressure Cooker placed 2nd when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Instant Pot is a smart Electric Pressure Cooker designed by Canadians aiming to be Safe, Convenient and Dependable. It speeds up cooking by 2~6 times using up to 70% less energy and, above all, produces nutritious healthy food in a convenient and consistent fashion. Instant Pot Duo is a 7-in-1 programmable cooker, it replaces 7 kitchen appliances as it has the functions of a pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker, steamer, sauté, yogurt maker & warmer. 14 built-in smart programs (Soup, Meat/Stew, Bean/Chili, Poultry, Sauté, Steam, Rice, Porridge, Multigrain, Slow Cook, Keep-Warm, Yogurt, Pasteurize & Jiu Niang) cook your favorite dishes with the press of a button. A 24-hour timer allows for delayed cooking. Automatic keep-warm holds the temperature of the food until you serve it. Instant Pot generates almost no noise and leaks no steam. It traps all the aromas in the food without heating up the kitchen. The 3-ply bottom stainless steel inner pot is extremely durable and leaves no health concerns associated with non-stick coatings. The slim body design has lid holders for both left and right handed users. The brushed stainless steel exterior is finger print resistant. Its elegant and durable design makes it easy to clean and pleasurable to use for the years to come. Instant Pot Duo uses the latest technology with an embedded microprocessor, which monitors the pressure and temperature, keeps time and adjusts heating intensity. The cooking programs have been lab-tested hundreds of times for optimal effect. These greatly improve cooking result and maintain consistence. Instant Pot is carefully designed to eliminate many common errors that could cause harm or spoil food. It passed the stringent UL certification giving you uncompromised safety and peace of mind and protects you with 10 proven safety mechanisms and patented technologies.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Electric Pressure Cookers
Pressure cookers have been around for decades, but they have recently surged in popularity, thanks to the Instant Pot and other similar appliances. When you know what pressure cookers are capable of, it’s not hard to see why so many home cooks adore them.
Cooking with an Instant Pot saves tons of time. These energy-efficient appliances can prepare a meal 70 percent more quickly than baking, roasting and other cooking methods. Since pressure cookers do work so speedily, the food can retain up to 90 percent more of the water-soluble vitamins lost when baking, boiling or steaming. Not only that, but meals come out looking divine and tasting amazing.
Pressure cookers are also convenient. They take up minimal space in cupboards and on countertops. Since they can be used to prepare everything from boiled eggs or steamed rice to rich soups and stews to succulent meats and veggies, an Instant Pot might even replace other single-purpose appliances you already have or have considered buying. You can even use them to cook meat straight from the freezer.
Most Instant Pots are programmed with one-touch presets that remove the guesswork from cooking times or temperatures. In addition, if you are cooking a dish that doesn’t require refrigeration, you can use delayed cooking to plan ahead.
Foods are cooked evenly, and the results are consistent. Pressure cooking quickly breaks down tough meat, producing tender and juicy main courses. Legumes do not require pre-soaking when you make them in an Instant Pot, as pressure cooking makes beans come out firm but malleable.
The cookers are impressive on their own, but when you add in available accessories, you can take your cooking to another level. Along with steamer baskets, glass lids and ceramic inner pots, you can also pick up extras such as springform cake and loaf pans, yogurt cups, stackable steamer pans and egg steamer racks.
Instant Pots have more than 10 safety mechanisms, making these appliances so much safer than the pressure cooker your Grandma warned you to steer clear of as a child.
Cleanup is also easy. You can toss the pot and most accessories in the dishwasher.
The Electric Pressure Cooker Buying Guide
- One of the primary considerations that you will want to think about when looking for a new Instant Pot is the size. Instant Pots come in 3-quart, 5-quart, 6-quart and 8-quart sizes. Deciding which one is right for your family can be a daunting task. The 6-quart cooker is popular, as it is large enough for complete meals or sizable cuts of meat, but not so big that it is difficult to store or move. However, there are other factors that could help you determine the best size. For instance, if you are cooking for one, a 3-quart cooker might be ideal while if you have a large family, you might require the big 8-quart Instant Pot.
- Of course, sticking to your budget is imperative. Fortunately, you can purchase a versatile and reliable Instant Pot without spending a small fortune. If you want all the bells and whistles, expect to pay a little more.
- Safety is essential, especially if you have small children underfoot while you are making meals. While all Instant Pot models have integrated safety features, some have additional protective measures. For instance, the Instant Pot Ultra contains a separate quick-release button on the lid away from the vent. This extra safety feature keeps your hand away from the steam that might escape from the vent.
- While all Instant Pot models have certain features, such as delay start, slow cooker or sauté mode, there are some differences between versions. For instance, some features such as the sous vide option, temperature customization and Bluetooth connectivity are only available in specific Instant Pot models. Deciding what features matter most to you could help you pick the perfect appliance.
- When looking at features, consider whether you are likely to use them. Instant Pot versions with a greater number of functions can be more challenging to use out of the box. However, if you enjoy learning to use new devices, this might inspire you to cook even more.
- Although all Instant Pot models include a sealing ring, pros and experienced users recommend grabbing some extras. The silicone gaskets have a tendency to absorb odors from the various foods made in the pots. If you plan to make a variety of dishes in your pressure cooker, consider keeping at least two sealing rings. That way, you can reserve one for savory meals and the other for sweet recipes to avoid unpleasant tastes or odors.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide