iHome AC Adapter Tabletop Alarm Clock
Last updated date: August 15, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Alarm Clocks and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Alarm Clock you should buy.
Update as August 15, 2022:
Checkout The Best Alarm Clock for a detailed review of all the top alarm clocks.
The design of the iHome Bluetooth Color Changing Dual Alarm Clock is like no other. It offers a round display and five different colors that can change at the press of a button. You'll also get Bluetooth connectivity, allowing you to play music from your smartphone and even wake to your favorite songs. The reasonable price makes this a great option for budget-conscious consumers who want something unique.
In our analysis of 62 expert reviews, the iHome AC Adapter Tabletop Alarm Clock placed 9th when we looked at the top 19 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Upgrade your morning routine with the IBT29, a multifunctional and visually appealing alarm clock that not only streams audio and calls, but also features a color-changing cabinet for a range of delightful effects. Equipped with Bluetooth technology and an aux-in port, the IBT29 plays music wirelessly, yet also supports a wired audio connection. Featuring an FM radio with six-station preset memory and built-in alarm tones, the IBT29 offers a variety of options for your morning alarm. The dual alarm feature allows you to set two different alarms with separate alarm sources. Not just an alarm clock, the IBT29 boasts a built-in mic and speakerphone that offer the convenience of hands-free conversations, while digital voice echo cancellation ensures that you can hear every word. Specially-designed Reson8speakers chambers with premium drivers delivery high-fidelity sound for both your music and calls. A charmingly spherical shape and color-changing cabinet make the IBT29 not just a practical device, but also a fun one. Multiple color settings allow you to customize the hue to suit your mood, or change when your alarm rings.The IBT29 adds a playful element to your home, while supporting a number of essential functions for your active lifestyle.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Alarm Clocks
Waking up is never easy, especially if you don’t get to do it on your own. Alarm clocks have been used for more than a century for pulling people out of a deep slumber, evolving in sophistication along the way. Many people today use a smartphone to wake up, but there are still benefits to an alarm clock. It frees you from the burden of having your smartphone next to you as you sleep, for one, while also giving you a wider range of options as to how you’ll be awoken.
If it’s been a while since you’ve gone alarm clock shopping, you may be surprised to hear about the many options now available. You can still get the standard digital alarm clock that lets you choose between disruptive beeps and other noises versus waking up to a local radio station. But there are also alarm clocks that sync to your phone, letting you wake up to music from your playlist.
There’s another option that you may have missed along the way. One alarm clock actually model uses light therapy techniques to wake you up gently and naturally. It simulates the natural light from the sunrise, working with your body’s circadian rhythms to gently nudge you awake. Even some digital clocks use changing colors as a wake-up technique to combine this new approach with traditional alarm clock design.
One thing to consider is the ease of use of your alarm clock. You’ll likely want a digital readout that you can decipher when you roll over in the middle of the night, but you also don’t want it to be so bright that it lights up your entire room. If you’ve ever struggled to set the time or change your wake-up alarm time, you likely know the importance of ease of use. It’s important to consider that feature when you’re shopping, especially if you wake up at different times every day.
The Alarm Clock Buying Guide
- For visually challenged consumers, there are alarm clock models that not only have a display that is easy to read, but they also give you details you can use after waking up, including the day of the week and whether it’s morning, afternoon, night or evening. If you want to use the alarm clock for reminders, certain models even offers an alert that reminds you when it’s time to take your medicine. The information on the screens of these models are also clear from every angle.
- If you’re looking for something simple and straightforward, consider a model where the numbers are prominent enough for you to make them out even in your sleepiest state.
- Brightness preferences can vary dramatically from one person to the next. Some models have a high/low brightness control that lets you find exactly the level of light you want your clock to put out. Other models also have that feature, but the minimum brightness still may put out too much light for some.
- There’s an alarm clock for every budget.
- Simple designs also mean easier operation. Look for a clock that has easy-to-use buttons and a full-width snooze button for those mornings when you just can’t get going. The only downside to this type of alarm is that the minute and hour buttons go in only one direction, so you’ll often find you have to run the full cycle to get to the desired time.
- Although it may seem complicated, setting most alarm clocks is surprisingly easy. You simply choose the wake-up time, and if included, select from one of five wake-up sounds. Some models also allow you to customize the light to the intensity that works best for you. If your model has a simulated sunrise, for example, thirty minutes before your scheduled wake-up time, the simulated sunrise would begin, reaching full intensity at the end of that time period.
- Morning isn’t the only time your alarm clock will help you. Use models with a light as a bedside lamp to read at bedtime each night. As it gets closer to your preferred bedtime, you can dim the light slowly to gradually ease you into a peaceful night’s sleep.
- Some clocks have a unique round design with seven different light-emitting colors that you can change at the touch of a button. In a dimly lit room, the chosen color can set a mood.
- If you want to be able to wake up to FM radio, you’ll want a model with a strong FM reception.
- If you want to wake up to your own music, look for a model with Bluetooth connectivity. This will allow you to stream music from your smartphone.
- If the power dies overnight, what will happen to your alarm the following morning? With a battery backup, you’ll be covered no matter what.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide