iHealth Touchless PT2L Infrared Digital Thermometer
Last updated date: March 11, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Digital Thermometers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Digital Thermometer you should buy.
Editor's Note March 11, 2021:
Checkout The Best Digital Thermometer for a detailed review of all the top digital thermometers.
You can get a highly accurate temperature reading within a second with this digital thermometer. It has an easy-to-read LCD display with extra large digits. It also has a color-coded fever indicator.
In our analysis of 16 expert reviews, the iHealth iHealth Touchless PT2L Infrared Digital Thermometer placed 7th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Instant, Accurate Results: Quickly measure temperatures in just 1 second. Get accurate readings with no-contact simply by holding the thermometer within 1.18 inches away from the center of the forehead and pressing a button. Easy To Read: A bright LCD display with XL digits and a color-coded fever indicator let you understand the results at a glance. The backlit display allows easy reading—day and night. Advanced Technology for Superior Performance: iHealth’s no-touch thermometer is backed by rigorous, medically validated testing. The latest smart chip utilizes an optimized algorithm to ensure accurate results—faster, safer, and more reliably. Easy to Use: Innovative designs and simple, easy-to-use one-button control make our thermometers ideal for use with the elderly, adults, children, and babies. What You Get : 1 Thermometer PT2L, 2 x AAA Alkaline batteries, 1 Instruction Manual, Our worry-free 12-month limited warranty and friendly California-Based customer service since 2010.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Digital Thermometers
When you or a loved one is not feeling well, it’s important to have an accurate digital thermometer around so you can do a temperature check. Knowing whether someone has a fever can help you decide whether they need to go to the doctor or just need to lie down and rest for a day. With young children, high fevers can sometimes lead to more serious health issues, so it’s vital to know you can trust the reading on your digital thermometer.
A digital stick thermometer is best used orally, in the underarm or rectally. They either have a rigid or flexible tip, which affects the way they should be used. The tip senses the temperature which is then displayed numerically on an LCD screen. Another type of digital thermometer is the infrared thermometer. They are designed to measure the heat that your body emits. They work in a short amount of time, typically between one to three seconds. Some infrared thermometers are to be used on the forehead, while others are designed to go in the ear. There are also non-contact infrared thermometers, which detect your body temperature from a few inches away. These are typically used on the forehead as well.
One of the most important features to look for on your digital thermometer is the display feature. It should be large and easy to read the numbers without any confusion. If you will be taking temperatures at night or in a dark room, then having a backlit display is key so you don’t have to turn on the light and disrupt your patient. Having an audible sound that tells you when the thermometer has secured a reading is also important so that you don’t remove it too soon. Having the option to turn off the beep is also helpful if you don’t want to wake someone who is sleeping.
The Digital Thermometer Buying Guide
- Some digital thermometers have age-specific features, which is handy to use if you have young children. Since high fevers can be particularly dangerous for babies and little kids, using this feature can provide you with custom alerts based on your child’s age.
- Having a quick response time is a feature many people look for, especially if the thermometer is for children. Digital stick thermometers typically take between 10 to 90 seconds to read a temperature, while infrared thermometers can provide a reading within one to three seconds.
- If you want to track the progression of a fever over time, then look for a digital thermometer that has a memory capacity. Some thermometers store the last reading while others can store multiple readings. This is a good way to check to see if your patient is getting better or worse over time and decide on your next steps.
- Some digital thermometers come with a fever alert, where the display shows a different color or makes a different sound if the temperature is elevated. This is particularly helpful when you don’t remember what temperature constitutes a fever.
- For children under 3 years old, the most accurate temperature reading will be rectally. For older kids, you can use an oral or armpit reading. For adults, using an oral or infrared reading will give you accurate results.
- If you plan to use a digital stick thermometer rectally, it’s best to get two thermometers. You can dedicate one to rectal use and use the other in the armpit or mouth. Be sure to label each thermometer with its use so you don’t accidentally mix them up.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide