Hupro Ultrasonic Cool & Warm Mist Home Humidifier
Last updated date: December 23, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Home Humidifiers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Home Humidifier you should buy.
Editor's Note December 23, 2020:
Checkout The Best Home Humidifier for a detailed review of all the top home humidifiers.
Families will love that this home humidifier also doubles as an oil diffuser. It's able to run for a full 30 hours in between refills and has a top-notch purification system to ensure you and your loved ones stay healthy. There's also an easy-to-read LCD display, five speed levels and a sleep timer.
In our analysis of 40 expert reviews, the Hupro Hupro Ultrasonic Cool & Warm Mist Home Humidifier placed 16th when we looked at the top 16 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
LARGE CAPACITY / SMART HUMIDIFICATION: Ultrasonic cool and warm mist humidifiers for bedroom with triple purification, smart humidification system & essential oil diffuser. The 4-liter water tank is designed for rooms up to 500 sq ft & lasts up to 30 hours of operation between refills. The smart humidification system incorporates three types of humidity control: auto mode, constant humidity & 5 speed levels. Touch button controls & advanced speed slider. Cool & warm (up to 140°F!) mist. TOP FILLING / LEAKPROOF / EASY CLEAN: The top filling large room humidifier features a detachable water tank with a secure built-in handle and an extra wide opening for easy filling and cleaning. This user friendly warm mist humidifier will take up to 1 minute of your time for effortless refilling. Requires little to no maintenance. The top fill construction ensures reliable and leakproof operation for many years. AIR IONIZATION / LAMP / CERAMIC FILTER / AROMA BOX: The special lamp prevents odour in the humidifier's water and keeps it fresh. Water goes through active carbon & mineral pellets of the ceramic filter that does not need to be replaced. Air ionization producеs 300 million cleansing ions per min. The warm air humidiifer with essential oils box will scent the room and freshen the air. Aromа oils rеducе strеss, аnxіety, іmprоve sleep, bооst energy. ULTRA QUIET / SLEEP MODE / 12 HOUR TIMER: The large capacity bedroom humidifier produces a near silent frequency (<30dB) ensuring ultra quiet operation for a full night of sleep. Sleep mode deactivates all lights and sounds making it perfect for babies, kids, seniors and sensitive sleepers. The 12-hour timer lets you program operation to save energy. The device automatically turns off when out of water to prevent unit damage and keep you safe. CONGESTION & COLD REFLIEF / SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: Get used to waking up healthy and full of energy with our home and office humidifier. Easily relieve cold & allergy symptoms. Finally say good bye to stuffiness, congested sinuses, dry skin, itchy nose & throat. Keep humidity above 43% to stay healthy. Get more focused & relaxed. Protect hardwood floors & furniture from cracking in the heating season. Buy with confidence! Humidifiers for large rooms with 1-YEAR warranty & support from HuPro!
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Home Humidifiers
Anyone who’s struggled through chilly days with cracked lips or burned through jars of lotion during colder months has experienced the effects of dry air. When the air in your home or apartment is too dry, it affects your skin and mucous membranes. This can dry out and irritate your skin, aggravate your sinuses and contribute to coughs and colds. Overly dry air also increases static electricity in your hair and clothes, and it makes cold rooms seem even chillier. Humidifiers reduce these negative effects by adding moisture to the air in your home.
There are several types of humidifiers. Central humidifiers are built into your air conditioning or heating unit, and they generally do a good job of maintaining healthy moisture levels in your air. However, older homes, apartments or homes in very cold, dry climates might need a boost of humidity from portable humidifiers.
Portable humidifiers use different methods to add moisture to cold, dry rooms. Evaporative humidifiers, like the Everlasting Comfort Ultrasonic Cool Humidifier, Black, are the most common type. They have a reservoir that dispenses water through a wicking filter into a basin, then a fan blows air through the moistened filter to dispense small water droplets throughout the air.
Ultrasonic humidifiers use ultrasonic vibrating diaphragms to force tiny drips of water into your air. They tend to be quieter than other humidifiers.
Both evaporative and ultrasonic humidifiers need to be cleaned regularly to prevent mold, minerals and bacteria from growing in the water basin. However, some higher-end ultrasonic humidifiers have built-in UV light filters that sanitize your water before it’s exposed to air.
Most modern portable humidifiers use evaporative or ultrasonic technology. Cool mist versions of these humidifiers are also becoming more popular. They emit room-temperature water droplets into the air instead of warm water, making them more suitable for year-round use than steam humidifiers.
After you’ve covered your humidifier basics, there are a few more considerations you’ll want to make before selecting the best unit for your home.
The Home Humidifier Buying Guide
- Take a look around your home to determine the safest spot for your humidifier. You should make sure to keep it off the floor on a sturdy surface that leaves several inches between the humidifier and your wall and outlets.
- How much elbow grease are you willing to put into cleaning your humidifier? You’ll need to keep the interior squeaky clean to prevent mineral and mildew buildup. Some options have UV lights to sanitize your water and dishwasher-safe basins to get into every nook and cranny. However, you’ll have to pay more for these features.
- Using distilled water instead of tap water can help slow down or prevent mold and mildew growth in your humidifier. It can also help your filter last longer and keep the humidifier other components in better condition.
- How large is your room or apartment? Some units are best for small to medium-sized rooms. You might have to buy more than one small unit if you need to increase humidity in multiple rooms. Larger humidifiers can help out in multiple rooms or even your whole house.
- Who will be using the humidifier? You’ll want a whisper-quiet model for your baby’s nursery. If you’re relying on a humidifier to help alleviate symptoms of asthma or allergies, an ultra-hygienic option might be right up your alley.
- Some humidifiers have very large capacity tanks. This is great if you need a humidifier that lasts through the night without shutting off. However, if filling a large tank will be physically difficult for you or another person using the humidifier, you’ll want a smaller option.
- How many hours would you like your humidifier to run? Some humidifiers can run for up to 30 hours on low, so you can set it and forget it for half the weekend.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide