Household Essentials Collapsible Canvas Grocery Tote Bag
Last updated date: September 23, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Grocery Tote Bags and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Grocery Tote Bag you should buy.
Update as September 8, 2022:
Checkout The Best Grocery Tote Bag for a detailed review of all the top grocery tote bags.
If storage space is an issue in your home, you'll love that this grocery tote bag collapses flat when not in use. The tote is water-resistant and features a large inner compartment, as well as four handy outer pockets. The two carry handles are strong and reliable, so you can carry your load with confidence.
In our analysis, the Household Essentials Household Essentials Collapsible Canvas Grocery Tote Bag placed 3rd when we looked at the top 9 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
This versatile utility tote is spacious, durable, practical and has a variety of applications. It’s perfect for beach days, camping trips, picnics, tailgating, kids’ sports games, grocery shopping, and hauling laundry or just as an organizer tote in your trunk or home. The bag is made of canvas with a water-resistant vinyl lining. The lining is grafted into the fabric, so it adds durable protection without extra weight or bulk. The water-resistant lining means easy clean up, on the inside or outside of the bag. Prevent moisture from seeping into the bag from wet sand or grass, and keep moisture from condensation or spills inside the bag from leaking out. The lining also helps prevent staining and makes the bag easier to clean. The bag has two long handles attached for easy carrying, and four large exterior pockets with hook-and-loop closures to keep them secure. These pockets are perfect for keeping essential items within easy reach, such as sunscreen or sports drinks, without having to dive into the bag’s large main compartment. The bag’s long rectangular shape is especially well suited for any trunk, making this a great bag to keep with you in your car. Use it to carry essentials, like emergency kit items or tools, or just as an organizer for other car essentials. Fill it up with car or dorm essentials before sending a new grad on their way, or fill it with drinks and snacks for a road trip. The durable lining means you can use the bag to house trash from finished drinks and snacks, too, knowing you’ll have an easy clean up later. When the bag is not in use, it folds flat for easy storage. To clean it, give it a rinse and use the hanging loop attached to the bag to hang it out to dry.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Grocery Tote Bags
If you’re concerned about the environment, you’re probably looking for ways to reduce your household’s carbon footprint. One way to do that is to cut down on single-use plastics, which have been cited as a top contributor to environmental issues. In fact, we produce 300 million tons of plastic every year across the globe, 91 percent of which ends up either in landfills or discarded as litter.
Like other single-use plastics, grocery bags don’t break down easily. In fact, experts say they can take up to 1,000 years to fully degrade, and recycling isn’t a viable option because it costs more to recycle plastic bags than what they’re worth. Most curbside recycling programs ban grocery bags, forcing consumers to either toss them into the regular garbage or take them to a grocery store that accepts them for recycling.
Reusable grocery tote bags have become a great alternative to grocery store plastic. Not only are they more environmentally friendly, but they’re also easier to use. You can stand them up on the carousel and fill them, then slide them into your trunk to take home. Typically, you can squeeze far more groceries into each bag, resulting in fewer trips from your trunk to your kitchen when you arrive home. But there are a few things you need to consider when choosing grocery tote bags, including capacity and ease of use.
The Grocery Tote Bag Buying Guide
- As you choose your grocery tote bags, picture the size of the carousels at your favorite grocery store. If you do self-checkout, you’ll need to be especially aware of whether your chosen bags will fit into the slots.
- Having tote bags with rigid sides is helpful, as they will hold the bag open while you’re loading and unloading them.
- When you aren’t shopping, you’ll need to store your tote bags. Some fold down to easily slide into your pantry or your trunk, while others fold up into small squares. You can also find bags that come with a zipper pouch to hold the bags between uses.
- The handles of your tote bag will come into play, as well. Longer handles are convenient for tossing over your shoulder, but shorter handles may give you more control. Remember that you’ll probably be toting heavy items like canned goods and gallons of milk, so choose a bag with reinforced handles and tear-resistant fabric.
- Insulated bags are bulkier and thicker, but they free you up to make a few stops on the way home without having to worry about your refrigerated and frozen items getting warm.
- Over time, your grocery tote bags will accumulate dirt and grime. Some bags can be tossed in the washing machine to clean, then line dried. Others will need to be wiped down.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide