Honeywell QuietSet Whole Room Tower Fan
Last updated date: May 21, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Tower Fans and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Tower Fan you should buy.
Eight different cooling options let you customize the Honeywell QuietSet Whole Room Tower Fan to your own preferences. The fan also oscillates to keep a larger area cool. This model is a good standard tower fan that will keep you comfortable for a reasonable price. In our analysis of 105 expert reviews, the Honeywell Honeywell QuietSet Whole Room Tower Fan placed 6th when we looked at the top 15 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note May 21, 2020:
Checkout The Best Tower Fan for a detailed review of all the top tower fans.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
The Honeywell HY-280 QuietSet Whole Room Tower Fan was designed to release large amounts of cool air into the largest of rooms and provide a heightened level of comfort and cooling. This unit comes equipped with an impressive 5 separate speed levels of quiet control, a touch button electronic panel and a remote control that ensures every user an abundance of flexible options for accessing their HY-280. An auto shut off timer than ranges from 1 to 8 hours has been included and establishes peace of mind by offering even more options to utilise. Incredibly versatile by design, the HY-280 comes with a carry handle that effectively eliminates the hassle of moving your fan from one room to the next. The Honeywell QuietSet Whole Room Tower Fan was designed to offer you 8 quiet cooling settings. This elegant fan is perfect for any kitchen or living room and features both breeze and oscillation settings. Other key features include a digital thermostat and a 1-8 hour shut off timer. Honeywell QuietSet Whole Room Tower Fan w/Powerful, quiet, whole room cooling.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Tower Fans
Floor fans used to not only be unsightly, but also space-consuming. With the advent of tower fans, though, consumers now have the best of both worlds. You can slip a tower fan into a corner and cool a decently sized area without it being all that noticeable.
But not all tower fans are the same. The most important feature is how effective your fan is at cooling, but there are a variety of factors that determine that. Some fans have integrated thermostats designed to keep an area at a specific temperature, while others only give you various settings options. With a remote, the latter isn’t all that inconvenient since they let you change how the fan reacts without having to walk over to the unit.
Like tabletop and floor versions, tower fans usually are best when they oscillate, distributing the air across an area rather than blasting you steadily. But oscillation can take up additional room. If that’s a concern, consider a tower fan that oscillates internally, meaning the exterior of the unit stays steady.
Bladeless fans have become increasingly popular in recent years, providing the same airflow without putting your family’s safety at risk. Bladeless tower fans are also easier to clean, so keep that in mind while you’re deciding between a bladeless and a bladed fan.
A bonus feature of some tower fans is an air ionizer, which not only keeps you cool but purifies the air as it works. This feature doesn’t make the fan that much more expensive, and it can save you the money you would have spent on a separate air ionizer.
One major deciding factor when searching for a tower fan is cost. Many fans are affordable, but you will find some tower fans that are much more expensive. You’ll get additional features for that cost, but only you can decide whether those items are important enough to shell out hundreds of extra dollars.
DWYM Fun Fact
Air is the key to how a bladeless fan works. It may seem like nothing is happening in the area where the blades would normally be, but air is moving along that tube you see. A brushless electric motor in the pedestal of the fan pulls air in, then pushes it through the tube, where it moves until it reaches a slit. That’s where the air rushes out, providing the breeze you’d get if you stood directly in front of the fan. The slits are actually in the back of the fan, but using the laws of physics, these fans can multiply the air coming out of the back before it’s pushed to the front, where you benefit from it.
The Tower Fan Buying Guide
- If you prefer a fan that allows you to “set it and forget it,” consider the Honeywell Quiet Set Whole Room Tower Fan. You choose from eight different cooling options that keep your area at the desired temperature. These settings are power cool, cool, refresh, relax, white noise, calm, whisper and sleep. Most other fans operate on a three-speed setup, which is nice, but doesn’t give you as much control as the Honeywell.
- Although you may not think about it when you’re looking simply at cooling power, the Lasko T42950 Fresh Air Ionizer Wind Curve Tower Fan packs in special air ionizer technology that keeps your air pure by removing dust from your immediate surroundings.
- Traditional fans can be dangerous for a variety of reasons. But bladeless fans keep little fingers safe. However, you don’t have to spend more to get that safety. Even though the Lasko T42950 Fresh Air Ionizer Wind Curve Tower Fan isn’t bladeless, the cage is built so that even small fingers can’t get past it.
- While the Honeywell Quiet Set Whole Room Tower Fan and Lasko T42950 Fresh Air Ionizer Wind Curve Tower Fan oscillate, there are tower fans that actually oscillate internally, which means the external housing doesn’t move.
- One quick decider as you’re shopping will likely be price. No matter what features you’re looking for in a fan, you’re sure to find one that fits your budget.