HOMTOYOU Microfiber Hardwood Floor Mop, 4-Pads
Last updated date: July 3, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Microfiber Mops and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Microfiber Mop you should buy.
Although this microfiber mop comes with a stainless-steel handle, the tip is covered in an ABS material to provide a non-slip grip. The pads themselves are thick and able to absorb a large amount of liquid. You can use them wet or dry on flooring. In our analysis of 89 expert reviews, the HOMTOYOU HOMTOYOU Microfiber Hardwood Floor Mop, 4-Pads placed 4th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note July 3, 2020:
Checkout The Best Microfiber Mop for a detailed review of all the top microfiber mops.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
HOMTOYOU Microfiber floor mop - Do more than you expected. 4 pack reusable mop pads - Upgrade professional selcted microfiber cloth, it is washable and reusable, save your cost from disposal mop pads. Works efficiently in cleaning, will not pushing debris around, attracts and keeps hold of dust and dirt from your floor. 360 degree rotate head - 360 rotatable mop head helps cleaning hard-to-reach corner, flexible and durable.This allows for easy cleaning in all directions and makes getting under tables and chairs much easier! Adjustable height - Come with 4 poles, you can shorten it by using 3 or 2 sections.The maximum height of the mop rod is 150cm, which can be assembled according to your needs. Well made and super quality - All the parts of mop are being strictly tested before shipped, made from high quality nmaterial, built for long lasting use. Suitable for any floor cleaning - Perfect for cleaning any hard floor, such as Tile, Wood, Laminate, Resin, Polished Concrete, Marble Etc.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Microfiber Mops
The state of Connecticut issued a cleaning manual for its schools, and in that manual, it lists microfiber mops as an essential tool in capturing microbes and organic matter to prevent infections. In fact, the state reported that microfiber mops are able to capture 99% of bacteria. Microfiber mops aren’t just made for industrial use. You can also purchase them to clean your home or office space.
As you begin your search, look at the microfiber mop’s overall construction. You want a base unit that is going to stand the test of time. The Microfiber Wholesale Professional Adjustable Microfiber Mop is an excellent choice, as it uses a heavy-duty aluminum frame and a stainless-steel handle. Other models are partially made using an ABS plastic.
Next, you want to make sure you can adjust the microfiber mop’s handle to match your height. For example, the HOMTOYOU Microfiber Hardwood Floor Mop, 4-Pads comes with four poles, so you can add as many poles to the handle as you need to use the mop comfortably. The maximum length of this particular mop is 59 inches, which is long enough to use the mop to reach high corners and get all the way under a living room sofa and dining room table.
Examine the head of the microfiber mop to make sure it is absorbent. The O-Cedar Dual-Action Microfiber Flip Mop has a double-sided mop head. One side is made from an ultra-dense chenille that is best used for dusting. The other side uses microfiber scrubbing strips to safely lift away stubborn dirt and debris. You can use the head dry or spritz a little water on the floor to use it wet.
Lastly, look for anything extra that the microfiber mop may have to offer. Some brands provide additional microfiber cleaning cloths with their mops. The MR.SIGA Professional Microfiber Mop comes with a handy dirt-removal scrubber. The tip of the scrubber can be used to chip away at debris that is stuck to your floor, while the bottom of the scrubber scrapes the trapped dirt off the mop head and into the trash can.
DWYM Fun Fact
Although mops themselves have been in existence since at least 1496, using microfiber mop heads is fairly new. In fact, it wasn’t until the 1960s that Japanese scientists Miyoshi Okamoto and Toyohiko Hikota discovered that microfibers would hold up under industrial use. Still, it took until 2001 for microfiber products to be marketed toward the cleaning industry. Today, we have a wide range of microfiber mops to choose from, including mops for use in the home or office.
The Microfiber Mop Buying Guide
- Some microfiber mops might come with user manuals that are a bit difficult to understand. If you have any trouble trying to assemble or operate your mop, you can contact the company’s customer service number or check YouTube for a visual presentation of how to use the mop.
- Microfiber mops are made to be machine washable, but you shouldn’t place them in the dryer once they have been cleaned. Instead, you can lay them flat on a piece of newspaper or hang them outside from a clothesline.
- Never use bleach or fabric softener when washing microfiber mop heads. If the mop head uses Velcro, you’ll also need to make sure it is attached before you toss it in the washing machine.
- Some microfiber mop heads can be reused as many as 100 times. As a general rule of thumb, it’s best to change the head every three to six months, depending on how often you clean your floors.
- Make sure the microfiber mop is designed for your specific floor type. Some models are only listed as safe on hardwood, tile and laminate flooring, while others can also be used on concrete, stone and vinyl.
- You can use a microfiber mop on your walls, as well as your floors.
- You’ll find microfiber mops come in a wide range of prices. Variables that affect the price include the size of the mop head, construction materials, number of mop refills and any extra features. You’ll find the O-Cedar Dual-Action Microfiber Flip Mop is the most affordable of the bunch with the MR.SIGA Professional Microfiber Mop and the HOMTOYOU Microfiber Hardwood Floor Mop, 4-Pads coming in at a more moderate price. You’ll pay the most for the Microfiber Wholesale Professional Adjustable Microfiber Mop, as it comes with a large mop head and two bonus cleaning cloths.