Home-it Compact Wood Drying Rack
Last updated date: January 5, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Drying Racks and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Drying Rack you should buy.
Update as January 5, 2022:
Checkout The Best Drying Rack for a detailed review of all the top drying racks.
You'll be able to use this drying rack instantly, as it comes fully assembled. The unit is more vertical than horizontal, so it won't take up much space when it's in use. It's also made from a lightweight bamboo, which makes it portable.
In our analysis of 101 expert reviews, the Home-it Compact Wood Drying Rack placed 7th when we looked at the top 15 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
laundry rack portable clothes rack Lightweight and easy to drop into position for use; cloth drying rack folds flat for storage
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Drying Racks
Whether your home is without a dryer, or you simply have a handful of delicates that can’t be dried in high heat, a drying rack is your answer. This handy invention allows clothes to air dry naturally. Since there are several different models for sale, you’ll want to read this guide to know exactly what to look for when you shop.
Decide whether you prefer to dry your clothes indoors or outdoors. Some drying racks are made for both conditions, but others, like the Honey-Can-Do Heavy Duty Gullwing Drying Rack, are labeled for indoor use only. If the unit is safe to take outside, check the material the rack is made out of. You want to ensure it won’t rust after being exposed to the elements.
Next, determine the size rack you require. Singles and couples would do well with a smaller rack, while families would require an oversized drying rack. The AmazonBasics Foldable Laundry Rack holds 32 pounds of laundry, while other racks have a larger 165-pound capacity. That means the larger racks would be a better choice for households of four or more.
Space is another issue you’ll need to consider. Most drying racks are designed to fold up so that they can be stored when not in use. If there isn’t enough room in your laundry area, you may be able to store the rack in a garage or basement.
Look for any extras that might come with the drying rack before making your final decision. For example, some drying racks include special hooks for drying shoes, socks and slippers.
The Drying Rack Buying Guide
- Unless you leave your drying rack outdoors, it should only need a dusting with a damp rag once a month. Models that are left outdoors should be cleaned before each use, as they may have a coating of dirt, pollen or even leaves on them that could soil the clean clothes.
- Drying your clothes naturally instead of using a gas or electric dryer can actually save you money over the course of the year. In fact, The Old Farmer’s Almanac reports that allowing clothes to air dry actually reduces a household’s carbon footprint by 2,400 pounds per year.
- It can take up to 24 hours for some clothing to dry naturally indoors. During the colder months, you may wish to do laundry more often to account for the extra drying time. You can also run a fan near the drying rack to help cut the drying time down.
- Keep in mind that when you dry your clothing outside, the sun will naturally bleach your whites and make them appear brighter, but it will also fade clothes of color. If you want to take advantage of a nice breeze, you can still place your drying rack draped with colored clothing in the shade (out of the path of direct sunlight).
- When comparing prices, it is important to consider where the drying rack can be used. Models that are used both indoors and outdoors will be more expensive than the Honey-Can-Do Heavy Duty Gullwing Drying Rack, which is only labeled for indoor use. The size of the drying rack will also play a role in the overall price. You can expect the price tag on large drying racks to be more than smaller models, like the AmazonBasics Foldable Laundry Rack that holds just 32 lbs. of clothing.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide