Home Hero Kitchen Utensil Set
Last updated date: September 5, 2019
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Spatulas and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Spatula you should buy.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Home Hero Home Hero Everything you need in one single set. With our premium 23-piece high-quality utensil set, you have everything at hand you need for cooking, no matter what dish you are planning to make. It features the most extensive selection of cooking utensils currently on the market. . Home Hero Cooking with style. The simple yet modern design of our utensil set fits perfectly in any kitchen and easily matches the style of any other items or appliances. Got a new neighbour or it is your mom's birthday? The stylish set comes in a nice box and thus makes the perfect gift for many occasions. . Home Hero Home Hero Home Hero High Grade Silicone. Featuring non-scratch and flexible silicone spatula. The silicone head can withstand temperatures ranging from -22°F/-30°C to 392°F/200°C. Invest in Quality. We only use the highest quality materials in our production, making sure the utensils will last you for years to come. Perfect Gift Idea. Ideal housewarming or wedding gift. Surprise your family or friends and order the set for them. Home Hero Be The Hero In Your Home. Its classic silver and black look goes with any kitchen & the variety of kitchen tools ensures any cook has exactly what is needed at hand for the perfect meal every time.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Spatulas
No kitchen is complete without a few spatulas that make cooking and baking at home a breeze. The two most basic types of spatulas include sets that are designed to scrape batter and mashed potatoes from the sides of a bowl and individual models that are made to flip pancakes and hamburgers.
When you’re ready to shop for a spatula, consider the following helpful information:
It is important to start off examining the materials used to make the spatula. Silicone is ideal, as it is capable of withstanding high temperatures. Generally, you’ll find they are able to handle heat between 450 and 600 degrees Fahrenheit. Under those temperatures, the spatulas are safe from melting, becoming discolored and even shrinking.
Some models, like the Upgood Silicone Spatula Set, also use an internal stainless steel core to provide added durability. The steel also keeps the handle and core from bending while you’re busy mixing ingredients.
Take a look at the spatula’s handle to make sure you’ll get a comfortable non-slip grip. The U-Taste High Heat-Resistant Silicone Spatula Set’s handle is made using an ergonomic design that does just that.
Check for any recommendations or certifications that let you know you’re buying a quality product. For example, the DI ORO Rubber Spatula Set, 3-Piece is made using a LFGB Certified Silicone. It’s also BPA-free and approved by the FDA.
Finally, consider any extras. Does the spatula set come in different colors, or does it contain spatulas that are different sizes for completing both big and small tasks? Some spatula sets go one step further by offering purchasers a free bonus cooking PDF.
DWYM Fun Fact
- It isn’t known who exactly was the first person to invent this handy kitchen tool, but it is believed to date back to at least 1525.
- The spatula has been called by many names, such as a turner, flipper and a fish slice. Because spatulas removed all the batter from a bowl, they were referred to as “child cheaters.” Little ones were left without any batter to lick.
- Weird Al Yankovic once created a fake ad for a store called Spatula City in his movie titled “UHF.”
The Spatula Buying Guide
- Thanks to silicone’s ability to withstand heat, spatulas are safe to place in a dishwasher. Of course, they are also a cinch to wash by hand with a little dish soap and warm water.
- Always look for a warranty before making your purchase. That way, if the spatula doesn’t live up to your expectations or doesn’t meet the company’s claims, you can get your money back. Some warranties are only good for a short period of time, while others last forever.
- Check the top of your spatula for a hole. This hole allows you to hang your spatula in your kitchen from a hook. If the spatula doesn’t have one, you can store it upright in a jar with a few other utensils, or place it in a utensil drawer.
- Spatulas have plenty of other uses besides scraping brownie batter. You can use them as a fly swatter, back scratcher, dry wall scraper, snow scraper, clay cutter, plant supporter and even to give your snowman arms in the winter.
- There are several things you need to take into consideration when comparing spatula prices. Start by examining how many spatulas come in the set. Divide that number by the price to know how much you’re paying per spatula. You’ll find the UpGood Silicone Spatula Set is slightly more expensive than the M KITCHEN WORLD Heat Resistant Silicone Spatula Set, even though each set has four spatulas. Next, you’ll want to examine the quality of the spatulas. The DI ORO Rubber Spatula Set, 3-Piece has a higher price tag because it is professional grade.