Home Chef Fresh And Easy Plan
Last updated date: April 8, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Meal Delivery Kits and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Meal Delivery Kit you should buy.
Update as March 23, 2021:
Checkout The Best Meal Delivery Kit for a detailed review of all the top meal delivery kits.
For households that would prefer a fuss-free dinner option, there's this service, which is focused on convenience. All meals in this plan can be popped in the oven or microwave or moved directly from the tray to the grill. There are also entree salad options. One of the best things about this plan, though, is that no cooking expertise is required.
In our analysis of 185 expert reviews, the Home Chef Fresh And Easy Plan placed 7th when we looked at the top 25 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Expert Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Meal Delivery Kits
Takeout can be expensive, but cooking every meal at home quickly gets old. In recent years, a fun alternative to both options has popped up. Meal delivery kits are more expensive than buying the ingredients yourself but less expensive than takeout from your favorite restaurants. Some newer meal delivery kits are even as cheap as fast food.
But there’s no shortage of meal delivery kit services. There are so many, in fact, that it can be tough to choose just one. It’s important to know the different types of meal kit services so that you can narrow it down to those that interest you most.
Meal kits can be very convenient. Some services specialize in easy prep time. Kits with microwavable meals can be perfect for busy families. There are some that arrive with ingredients already chopped, saving you prep time. If you prefer the oven to the microwave, you can even find kits with meals that just have you piling everything into a provided pan and sticking it in the oven.
If you’re on a special diet, there are plenty of meal kits with plans for vegan, keto and calorie-conscious people. Some also offer help with food sensitivities, while others are perfect for the meat lover, even giving you the option of ordering double portions.
The Meal Delivery Kit Buying Guide
- One thing to look at while you’re pricing plans is the cost of shipping. Some services offer free shipping, while others charge you as much as $9 or $10 per box. You’ll probably find some meal kits that base shipping charges on your location.
- Meal delivery services typically have limited delivery days. That means you may only be able to choose between a Tuesday or Wednesday, for instance, or maybe a Friday or Saturday. If you opt for a kit with fresh ingredients, keep in mind that you may need to serve those within three days of arrival, which may not fit well with your family schedule.
- Packaging can be extreme with meal delivery services. Food has to be shipped with ice and plenty of padding, so you’ll have quite a bit to jam into the recycle bin. If you’re environmentally-conscious, some meal delivery kits use both eco-friendly and recyclable packaging.
- Although meal delivery services typically require a monthly subscription, you can skip multiple weeks at any time. You can even pause your service and pick it up again a few months later.
- Grocers are getting in on the meal delivery kit trend. You may see a display at your local grocery store. If you use Amazon Fresh, they also have meal kits available for delivery.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide