HOLOWIN 29.5-Inch Reflective Night Basketball
Last updated: August 7, 2022
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
We looked at the top Basketballs and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Basketball you should buy.
Since this basketball is designed to appear holographic, it does a great job of reflecting the light on the court or the flash of a camera. It's official NBA size and made from a quality leather with 100% nylon windings and a rubber bladder. There's also a non-slip grip that allows for better control of the ball.In our analysis of 13 expert reviews, the HOLOWIN 29.5-Inch Reflective Night Basketball placed 8th when we looked at the top 18 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Material: The indoor and outdoor ball is made with composite hygroscopic durable quality leather with 100% nylon windings and a rubber bladder for excellent bounce shape retention. Slip Grip: new design to make sure our ball challenges your handling! Still bounces perfectly, but the smooth surface will challenge you to increase your handling skills. Indoor/Night Training: Increase skills by making handling harder. Made for indoor use, this ball was designed to perform perfectly on the court. Reflective: The HoloHoops is an official nba size basketball appears holographic or glows in photos or videos when the camera flash is on. A Unique Gift: The lights balls photos and videos you take are great for sharing on social media like Instagram, Snapchat or any other place to share content online.
You only need two things to shoot hoops: a hoop and a basketball. If you want to play against someone else, you’ll need at least one other player, as well. But if you have a hoop handy, you may find that you can’t always access basketballs, especially if you play at the park or in your own backyard.
But as you start shopping around for a basketball, you’ll quickly realize there are many variations. The top consideration of any basketball is grip. You’ll want a basketball that resists slipping around to make sure when you finally do gain control of the ball, you don’t accidentally drop it. For that reason, most basketballs feature a textured surface that’s easier to grip.
Comfort is also a consideration. Some basketballs are built to allow you to easily grasp them, with slight indentations that help you grab on. If you play recreationally, or you’re new to the game and want comfort as you get started, this can be a great choice. It’s important to keep in mind if you play on a team, though, that you may get used to playing this way, only to have to adjust to a ball without this feature at game time.
- Some basketballs are designed for both outdoor and indoor use, while others specify one or the other. Basketballs can suffer significant wear when played on surfaces like concrete, so you may want to go for durability versus comfort if you’re buying for outdoor play.
- Some brands sell basketballs in varying sizes. You may want a smaller, 27.5-inch version for a youth player, for instance, or an intermediate ball for a new player who’s learning. Once you’re ready to play as part of a team, though, you’ll likely graduate to the “official” size, which is 29.5 inches, so it’s important to get used to playing with this larger size once you’ve practiced a while.
- If you’re buying a ball for official gameplay, make sure the basketball is rated for play by the appropriate association. High school basketballs are rated for play by the National Federation of State High School Associations, for instance.
- You’ll need to keep a pump handy for when your basketball needs a little extra air.
- If you’re playing in a pool, standard basketballs likely will prove too slippery in wet hands. Look for basketballs that are specifically designed for water use.