Hi-Tec Women’s Bandera Mid-Rise Waterproof Hiking Boot
Last updated date: June 5, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Hiking Boots and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Hiking Boot you should buy.
Update as August 14, 2020:
Checkout The Best Hiking Boot for a detailed review of all the top hiking boots.
In our analysis of 85 expert reviews, the Hi-Tec Women's Bandera Mid-Rise Waterproof Hiking Boot placed 10th when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Established in 1978, Hi-Tec Sports USA pioneered the original lightweight hiking boot. Today, Hi-Tec continues to design and develop authentic outdoor footwear meticulously dedicated to comfort, light weight and quality. Hi-Tec Sports distributes in over 70 countries, forming a global footwear enterprise and selling over 10 million pairs of footwear annually. The Hi-Tec® Bandera Mid WP boot has a mid-cut design that protects the ankle on uneven terrain and lets you hike in unpredictable weather with its reliable waterproof protection, supportive cushioning, and excellent outsole traction.Waterproof suede and high performance mesh upper for breathability, durability and comfort during wear.Dri-Tec waterproof breathable membrane keeps out the wet elements for a dry, comfortable foot environment. Ghillie and rustproof eyelet lacing system creates a secure and reliable fit. Removable molded EVA footbed provides long-lasting cushioned comfort. EVA midsole provides excellent shock absorption and support. Durable rubber cup outsole with multi-directional lug pattern delivers reliable stability and protection while on the trail. Imported.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Hiking Boots
If you like exploring scenic terrain, wandering through forest trails or just going for long walks in the wilderness, it’s important to have a good pair of hiking books. This kind of footwear is designed to protect your feet and ankles during your hike, ensuring you don’t get injured. The construction of hiking boots makes it easy to walk over rough and uneven terrain. They are stiff around the ankles, which can help to prevent sprains.
There are three main types of hiking boots, each designed for a specific kind of hiking, with their own benefits and features. Hiking shoes are low cut and are perfect for day hiking. They have flexible midsoles and will work for long-distance journeys. Day hiking boots, on the other hand, are mid- to high-cut. They work for all-day hiking trips or multiple-day backpacking trips. They are flexible and easy to break in. Backpacking boots are the most durable of the three options and are designed for multi-day trips with a heavier backpack in the backcountry. They are cut high above the ankles so they provide added support. They have stuff midsoles so they work well for off-trail travel. Be sure to consider what kind of hiking you do most when selecting your hiking boots.
The fit of your hiking boots is important for your safety and comfort. If your boots are too big or too small, you’ll have trouble enjoying your hike, and blisters could even cause you to cut it short. Make sure you look at the sizing chart before you buy and measure your feet accordingly. Try your boots on at the end of the day, which is when they are their largest size due to normal swelling. Be sure to wear socks that prevent moisture build-up, which leads to blisters. Break in your hiking boots long before your first trip on the trails to ensure your feet don’t get sore during your hike.
The Hiking Boot Buying Guide
- One of the most important elements to consider when buying hiking boots is durability. Hiking boots handle rough terrain and weather and need to be strong enough to last through it all. The uppers of the boots, which is the material the boot is made out of on the outside, impact their durability, water resistance, weight and other factors like breathability. The most durable material for uppers is full-grain leather, which is commonly used in hiking boots. It’s perfect for those who want to go on multi-day trips through rugged terrain. However, it’s not as light or breathable as nylon or split-grain leather. Keep in mind that with leather hiking boots, you need a long time to break them in, so don’t buy them right before your hiking trip.
- Synthetic uppers, which can be made from nylon or polyester, are lighter than leather and don’t require as long to break in. However, they are not as durable, though they do dry faster than leather. Keep this in mind if you frequent wet trails.
- When you’re walking on rough terrain, you want to ensure that your feet have the support you need to stay comfortable. The midsoles, or the cushioning, affect how stiff your boots are. Opt for stiffer boots for long hikes on uneven terrain. This way, you’ll get more stability.
- Be sure to take a look at the outsoles. You want to make sure they have enough grip so you don’t slip on the trails when they are wet. The lug pattern is what provides traction on the soles; in general, the deeper the lugs, the better the grip. If you frequent muddy trails, then look for widely spaced lugs, which will shed the mud more quickly.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide