Hey! Play! Pallino & Carrying Case Bocce Ball Set
Last updated date: June 8, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Bocce Ball Sets and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Bocce Ball Set you should buy.
This bocce ball set comes with everything you need to play a game solo, or with a group of friends. The storage case not only keeps the balls protected when not in use, but also comes with handles for easy transport. Combine this set with a measuring tape you have at home and you're good to go. In our analysis of 38 expert reviews, the Hey! Play! Hey! Play! Pallino & Carrying Case Bocce Ball Set placed 5th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note June 8, 2020:
Checkout The Best Bocce Ball Set for a detailed review of all the top bocce ball sets.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Spend summertime outdoors with an easy sport for kids, teens, and adults with this Bocce Ball Set with Carrying Case by Hey! Play! This lawn game kit features heavy duty resin composite balls and a carrier bag, so you can play in your own yard or take to the beach for some family-friendly fun! Whether mastering this classic game in tournament-style play or enjoying quality time with friends, this set is sure to provide hours of entertainment!
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Bocce Ball Sets
The game of bocce ball is played frequently in Italy and has been steadily gaining popularity in the United States. If you’d like to give the game a try, you’ll want to purchase a bocce ball set that has everything you need to get started.
Review the contents of the set first, so you know you’re buying a set that includes everything you need to successfully play the game. For example, the Play Platoon Pallino Bocce Ball Set comes with eight bocce balls in four different colors, a pallino ball, a measuring rope and a storage case that also doubles as a carrying bag. It is important to note that not all bocce ball sets come with a measuring tape. If you have one in your home already, this won’t be an issue.
Check that the bocce balls are made from high-quality materials, otherwise, you’ll find yourself needing to replace them often. The Hey! Play! Pallino & Carrying Case Bocce Ball Set is made with a premium poly-resin compound material that is crack and damage resistant. It’s also less prone to scratching.
Individuals who enjoy spending time outdoors in all types of weather will need a bocce ball set that is weatherproof. For example, the Franklin Sports All Weather Bocce Ball Set provides all-weather reliability, which means you can enjoy a game in the summer, fall, winter and spring. You can play when the sun is shining and when the rain is coming down. You can play on grass, pavement or sand.
If you plan on arranging tournaments or playing bocce professionally, you’ll need to get a set like the Baden Champions Official Size & Weight Bocce Ball Set. It uses balls that meet the Bocce Standards Association’s official size of 14.2 inches and official weight of 2 pounds. Beginner sets may not meet these requirements.
DWYM Fun Fact
Although no one knows who invented bocce ball and when the first game was played, there is a painting in existence that depicts the sport. Sir Francis Petrial came across this painting in 5200 B.C. in an Egyptian tomb, so we can assume the game was being played before then.
The Greeks and Romans were among the first people groups to increase the popularity of the sport. Although resin balls are used today, some of the earliest bocce balls were actually coconuts and melons. Some players created balls out of bound rags and carved wood.
The Bocce Ball Set Buying Guide
- Pay attention to the size and weight of the bocce balls. Some are not suitable for professional play, which is fine if you only intend on using the set in your backyard.
- If you find the included carrying case is not sturdy enough to support the weight of the bocce balls, you can set a similar sized cardboard box inside the bag to provide additional support. This is a quick solution that keeps you from having to spend more money on a better bag.
- Before returning your bocce balls to their storage bag, you’ll want to wipe them down with a lint-free cloth. Since they are played in the yard, they can get a bit dirty during the game. Every so often, you’ll also want to use a bocce polish on the balls. This specially designed polish is non-abrasive, so it won’t damage the surface of the balls. It’s also great for restoring the shine to your balls, while also providing them with a nice grip.
- Bocce ball must be played on a level surface. You may have to take the time to rake the sand on the beach or flatten certain areas of your backyard before you play.
- You’ll find bocce ball sets come in a wide price range, but you should have no problem finding one that fits your budget. The Franklin Sports All Weather Bocce Ball Set is extremely affordable for all, while the Play Platoon Pallino Bocce Ball Set and the Hey! Play! Pallino & Carrying Case Bocce Ball come in at a slightly higher price point. If you have the extra cash, you may wish to go with the Baden Champions Official Size & Weight Bocce Ball SetSet, which has the highest price tag among the four models.