Heartybay Round Pointed Tip Nylon Hair Brush Set, 10 ct.
Last updated date: December 14, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Detail Paint Brushes and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Detail Paint Brush you should buy.
Editor's Note December 14, 2020:
Checkout The Best Detail Paint Brushes for a detailed review of all the top detail paint brushes.
This set of nylon brushes is perfect for beginner artists. It includes liners, rounds, Filbert rakes and flat shaders. They're easy to clean and hold up well with watercolors, oils and acrylics. During our testing, we found these to be very easy to paint with and comfortable to hold.
In our analysis of 27 expert reviews, the Heartybay Heartybay Round Pointed Tip Nylon Hair Brush Set, 10 ct. placed 2nd when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Seamless nickel ferrules won't rust or split. They are double-crimped to last longer and won't come loose after a few uses. Brushes don't shed hairs. No more frustration trying to get brush hairs off your artwork. Easier to clean and won't deteriorate as quickly. Short wooden handles with a smooth finish, perfect for greater control over small details. - About the Paint Brush maintenance: Brush nylon hair would do not stray or spread while painting. Brush hairs stay soft and flexible after cleaning. Brush hairs do not fall out after cleaning. The ferrules are double crimped and secure to the handle so there is no wiggling. Short wooden handles give you more control of the brush while painting. Brushes hold their shape and keep their spring after cleaning. To clean your brushes, just run them under warm water to wash out the paint and use your fingers to gently reshape brush hairs. - Package includes: 1 x Paint brush set (10 different painting brushes) 9 Pcs 12 Pcs Galaxy 10 Pcs Brush & Palette Complete Brush set Purple Paint Brush Black Brush Black Paint Brush Galaxy Black Paint Brush Brush & Palette Complete Paint Set Purple Paint Brush Count (Pcs) 9 12 10 10+2 10+1+12 10 What's special Round Head, Medium-length handle Long handle, Various brush head Medium-length handle, Various brush head Medium-length handle, Various brush head, 2 palettes Medium-length handle, Various brush head, 1 palette, 1 set of acrylic pigment Medium-length handle, Various brush head Package ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
Our Expert Consultant
Artist and art educator
Artist and educator Amy Markham is the creator of Starling, a podcast dedicated to helping artists develop depth in their creative practice. A graduate of Virginia Commonwealth University, Amy has been an art educator since 2001. Today, she teaches middle school art at a school outside of Memphis, Tennessee. Her personal artwork explores myth-making and symbolic understandings. Through her brand, Starling Creative Living, she leads others to explore art production as a method for enriching their life experience.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Detail Paint Brushes
The devil is in the details, particularly for painters. Whisper-thin borders, gentle lines and graduated shading make your finished pieces stand out from the pack. You’ve got to have the right tools to pull off those tiny add-ons. A premiere set of detail paint brushes will deliver the results you see in your mind.
Nail artists, paint-by-numbers hobbyists, face painters and professional artists of all stripes can benefit from the right detail brushes. A good set will come with a range of tip shapes, a sturdy ferrule (the metal connector between the brush itself and the handle) and a comfortable grip.
Some tip shapes you should look for when you shop for brushes are rounds, liners, spotters and shaders. Round brushes have a rounded tip and deliver versatile thick or thin lines to your paintings. Liners have long-length hairs that come to a thin point; they’re designed to create outlines or borders.
Spotters are itty-bitty brushes for tiny details like eyelashes. Shaders have square-shaped bristles for precision control when you’re painting edges or creating blocks of color.
You can pick up inexpensive brushes at hobby stores, but you might pay for it later. “Cheap versions tend to splinter and lose bristles easily, which can result in stray marks,” says our resident art expert Amy Markham. She’s an art teacher and the creator of Starling, a podcast dedicated to helping artists develop creative depth. “Invest in quality detail brushes and care for them.”
Detail brushes will be much smaller than standard paint brushes. Artists’ brushes are labeled with numbered sizes. The smallest size is 30/0; the largest size is 30. Most detail brushes are in the 4/0 to 1 range, although you can go much smaller if you’re painting models or intricate nail art.
Now that you’ve got a base coat on detail brushes, put on the finishing touches with the hints in our Tips & Advice section.
The Detail Paint Brush Buying Guide
- Paint brushes come with either synthetic or natural bristles. Natural bristles are made from animal hair, like hogs or boars. Synthetic bristles are made from polyester or nylon. “I prefer synthetic bristles because they are less likely to frizz or splinter,” says Markham, our resident art educator. “However, if you’re mainly a watercolor painter, natural fibers may be your best option”
- The piece of metal that connects your brush’s bristles to its handle is called a ferrule. Look for a ferrule made from nickel-plated brass; this blend reduces the risk of corrosion and breakage.
- Properly washing, drying and storing your detail paint brushes will help the bristles maintain their shape. Clean your brushes ASAP after you’re done painting, especially when using quick-drying acrylic paint. Dampen the bristles with water, and then work soap or shampoo into them. (You can also use dishwashing liquid for stubborn paint.) Rinse them until the water runs clear, and then let them air dry.
- Make sure you also wash the ferrule. Dried-on paint can cause cracking and splitting, rendering your paintbrush useless.
- Store your clean brushes horizontally in an artist’s pouch, drawer or box. You can also store them upright with the bristles pointing up, but don’t pack them too tightly. If the bristles of different brushes lean against each other, it can distort their shape.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide