Hawk Sports Ambidextrous Double Stitched Boxing Mitts
Last updated date: November 11, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Boxing Mitts and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Boxing Mitt you should buy.
Update as November 11, 2021:
Checkout The Best Boxing Mitts for a detailed review of all the top boxing mitts.
These mitts are made from premium synthetic leather for a more animal-friendly option. Padded construction and built-in ventilation will keep your hands comfortable while you’re wearing them, and the EVA foam inside will give you extra protection. You can choose from all black or one of several color options.
In our analysis of 17 expert reviews, the Hawk Sports Ambidextrous Double Stitched Boxing Mitts placed 2nd when we looked at the top 6 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
ULTIMATE DISCOUNTED DEAL: We bet that you will not find such a PARAMOUNT QUALITY boxing pads PAIR at this price in the boxing equipment market. BUILD A HEALTHY TRAINING HOBBY: You can buy these boxing mitts to train with your coach at the gym or at home with your kids & husband/wife. AIR VENTILATION: Hawk punching mitts are breathable with air mesh panels. Train long hours with these sweat-free & ultra-shock absorbent focus mitts. LIGHTWEIGHT: The curved punching mitts and pads have been made from premium synthetic leather and are Jumbo & EVA-FOAM padded with adjustable Velcro wrist strap hook and jab pads. #HawkSports to join our growing community of strong people. 5 YEAR REPLACEMENT WARRANTY! The boxing strike pads/focus pads are of utmost quality and we fully stand behind our product. If you are not completely satisfied with any aspect of the punching mitts then just message us for a full refund.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Boxing Mitts
Boxing is a great way to let off a little steam and stay in shape. But it’s also a popular sport. Whether you’re just starting out or you’ve been sparring for a while, you likely already know that a good pair of boxing mitts is essential for training with a partner. These special gloves are designed to be punched, providing a soft target for a training partner.
The best mitts will fit snugly around your hands and wrists without making you uncomfortable. Many mitts come with adjustable straps that help you get the fit just right, but you’ll still need to be within range of your hand circumference from the start.
You definitely don’t want your mitts to slide around or fly off your hand during a sweaty training session. As you’ll likely be moving your hands around at a vigorous rate to give your partner a moving target, the fit is essential.
You’ll obviously want to make sure the mitts pack in enough padding to protect your hands, especially if you’re training with someone who has a hard punch. When training with beginners, less padding will likely be necessary but getting hit somewhat softly over and over in the palm can still hurt if your mitts aren’t strong enough.
The Boxing Mitt Buying Guide
- Boxing mitts can take time to break in. Some are designed for comfort right away, but give yourself a little extra time with a new pair for them to feel right.
- Some mitts have straps built in that let you customize the fit. This can make a big difference in keeping the glove from slipping around while you’re helping someone train or spar.
- Your hands can get sweaty while wearing a pair of boxing mitts. If you’re concerned about comfort, look for a pair with strategically placed ventilation.
- Traditional boxing mitts were made with genuine leather, but today’s manufacturers can use synthetic alternatives like polyurethane to offer the same benefits without the higher cost. Synthetic leather is also a popular option for those concerned with the impact to animals.
- Boxing mitts are often made to be solid black, but there are other color options available today. You can even find some that mix colors for a more interesting look.
- Those with smaller hands might find it challenging to find mitts that fit. There are gloves designed for youth and young adults that might work better than the larger fit that you see with unisex adult options.
- You’ll likely need to clean your mitts between sessions. One good thing about synthetic leather is that it’s easy to wipe clean with water when you need to. Genuine leather is sensitive to water, so you’ll have to be careful while cleaning it.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide