Hasbro Candy Land Classic Board Game For 5-Year-Olds
Last updated date: October 3, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Board Games For 5-Year-Olds and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Board Game For 5-Year-Olds you should buy.
Update as October 3, 2022:
Checkout The Best Board Games For 5-Year-Olds for a detailed review of all the top board games for 5-year-olds.
This board game for 5-year-olds is a journey filled with encounters with sweet characters and confections. It is a game that every young child should experience. The board game includes a colorful board, four pawns, a card deck and instructions.
In our analysis, the Hasbro Hasbro Candy Land Classic Board Game For 5-Year-Olds placed 1st when we looked at the top 13 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
If you loved playing the Candy Land board game when you were a child, you can share the experience with your loved ones and start down the “magical” road to sweet surprises! This adorable version of the classic Candy Land game features gingerbread men as movers, colored cards, and fun illustrations that kids love, with different destinations like Cookie Commons and the chunky Chocolate Mountain. Players choose their cards, move their pawns, and let their imaginations soar as they make their way to the castle to win! For 2 to 4 players. Hasbro Gaming and all related terms are trademarks of Hasbro.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Board Games For 5-Year-Olds
At the age of five years old, kids’ attention spans are growing and they are able to focus on one activity for an extended period of time. A great way to help your child improve their focus, while also working on their communication and social skills, is to play board games with them.
As an added bonus, board games can be enjoyed by the whole family, bringing together kids and adults of all ages.
When choosing board games for 5-year-olds, consider whether you want to get a cooperative or competitive game. Some young children have a hard time with the winner/loser concept and prefer a cooperative game where everyone works together to accomplish or defeat something. Other kids are more competitive and prefer to play against other players. Consider which kind of game your 5-year-old would enjoy.
Be sure to think about playing time as well. Most 5-year-olds likely can’t sit down and play a board game for two hours or more. Choose a game that takes less than 30 minutes to play from start to finish. If the game is a quick one and your child is still interested, you can always play the game again. However, if it is too long, they may not want to complete it.
The Board Game For 5-Year-Olds Buying Guide
- Think about how complex the rules are for the games you’re thinking of buying for a 5-year-old. Ideally, the rules should have no more than two or three instructions so that young children can quickly grasp the details. If the game is too complex, they may become disinterested, and if it is too easy, it may not challenge them enough to proceed.
- How many players will typically play the board game you’re selecting? Choose a game that fits those parameters. Most board games work well with two or four players, though some can be played with more people.
- Consider your child’s personality and then find a game that will engage them based on their interests. For example, if they love physical activity, then a game where they get to jump up and down and run around is a good choice. If they love solving problems, go with a game that requires some detective work. For kids who are numbers-oriented, opt for one that requires dice so they can work on their counting and adding skills while playing.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide