Hanes Men’s Workout Athletic Shorts
Last updated date: June 8, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Men's Athletic Shorts and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Men's Athletic Shorts you should buy.
Update as September 23, 2022:
Checkout The Best Men’s Athletic Shorts for a detailed review of all the top men's athletic shorts.
In our analysis of 19 expert reviews, the Hanes Men's Workout Athletic Shorts placed 7th when we looked at the top 12 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
100% Polyester. Imported. Drawstring closure. Machine Wash. Breathable, athletic fit mesh shorts are great for playing basketball or catching a game with friends. Sewn-in mesh liner. Covered elastic waistband with internal drawstring for adjustable fit. Mesh-lined side-seam pockets. 9″ Inseam.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Men's Athletic Shorts
Men’s athletic shorts generally come in three styles: compression shorts, biker shorts and basketball shorts. The first two are on the tighter side, and they hug and support the body.
Basketball shorts are roomier and are seen in non-athletic scenarios much more often. They can be worn to work out at the gym, out to run errands or simply for hanging out at home. You can even sleep in them.
Compression and biking shorts are designed for more specific purposes, without as much of a focus on fashion.
Basketball shorts come in many different colors and patterns and hit at the knee or lower, at about 9 to 10 inches. Basketball shorts are arguably the most popular kind of athletic shorts.
Some men prefer shorter lengths, especially for active sports like volleyball or running. For these activities, a length of about 5 inches is better, and you can also find athletic shorts in a 7-inch length. The type of material is also important; many are made with polyester with other materials added for moisture control and stretch.
The Men's Athletic Shorts Buying Guide
- If you will be working out or playing sports in your new shorts, look for athletic shorts that have moisture-wicking capabilities.
- Shorts that are made with four-way stretch material expand out lengthwise and crosswise for ease of motion.
- Pockets are another important feature. Look for pockets with zippers if you are concerned about losing your wallet, keys or phone while you are in motion.
- Lined workout shorts may be more or less comfortable, depending on what sport you’re using them for and your preferences.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide