Hamilton Beach Drip-Free Rapid-Broil Electric Kettle
Last updated date: November 22, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Electric Kettles and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Electric Kettle you should buy.
Update as November 22, 2022:
Checkout The Best Electric Kettle for a detailed review of all the top electric kettles.
Hamilton Beach is a popular name in home appliances, and this electric kettle is a perfect illustration of why. This stainless steel model, made for easy cleanup, includes water level displays on either side to help left-handed users. You'll also get 1.7 liters of water in one kettle, providing up to eight cups of your favorite warm beverage.
In our analysis of 50 expert reviews, the Hamilton Beach Drip-Free Rapid-Broil Electric Kettle placed 6th when we looked at the top 12 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Tea? Hot chocolate? Instant soup? If you have a taste for it, Hamilton Beach Kettles can have it ready in minutes. The powerful rapid-boil system provides fast heat-up from any standard outlet and the auto shutoff function helps keep kettles from boiling dry. Hamilton Beach Kettles are great looking and easy to use. Plus, most kettles include a 360-degree rotating or cordless base for easy serving. Hamilton Beach Kettles feature a stay-cool handle and drip-free spout that makes pouring easy.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Electric Kettles
Although Americans still drink more coffee than tea, hot tea holds its own, especially as more consumers learn the health benefits of certain types of the warm beverage. An electric kettle is a great way to heat up water quickly, whether you’re using it to make tea or hot cocoa. If you’re feeling ambitious, you can even use an electric kettle to make pour-over coffee, eliminating the need for a coffeepot.
Electric kettles take stovetop water heating to the next level. Many now have advanced features like temperature control, automatic shutoff and keep-warm. You won’t pay much more for a decent electric kettle than you would for a nice stovetop one. Best of all, they’re safer than boiling in a pan while being faster and more efficient than the microwave at getting water to the necessary temperature.
But not all electric kettles are equal when it comes to safety. It’s important to pay close attention to whether a kettle has a tendency to leak when you’re pouring, which could lead to burns. Some kettles also come with auto shut-off features so if you accidentally leave it on the warmer, you won’t have to worry about your house burning down while you’re at work.
One issue you’re probably familiar with is “boiling dry,” which is what happens when you set a pot on the stove to boil and forget about it until all the water is gone. Auto shut-off on some kettles is designed to protect against that issue, which is another way it keeps you safe.
Ease of use is perhaps the most important factor in choosing a kettle, though. You’ll want temperature controls that you can access easily, as well as a design that makes it comfortable to hold even if you have it full of hot water. Some electric kettles have attached lids, and if so, make sure the kettle you choose has a lid that stays open and closed at the appropriate times.
The Electric Kettle Buying Guide
- Now that kettles have gone electric, they need a power cord, but you have to be able to move around with your kettle. Manufacturers get around this through a two-part design that involves a corded base and a kettle that separates once your water has reached the design temperature. The Cuisinart PerfecTemp Electric Kettle features a corded base that stays in place as you lift the kettle off to pour the liquid.
- Each electric kettle has controls that allow you to adjust the temperature and put the unit in warming status. However, some locations are more convenient to access than others. The Cuisinart PerfecTemp Electric Kettle builds their controls into the handle for easy access. But you may prefer a model with controls that are on the base, freeing up the handle for comfortable holding as you pour.
- Your tea kettle’s spout will come into play both as you fill it with water and try to clean up once you’re done. The Cuisinart PerfecTemp Electric Kettle features a wide neck to make both of those things easier. However, other models have a spout that is designed to make pouring easier. You may find with some kettles, though, that the lid sometimes gets in the way when you’re trying to clean it.
- Chances are, you won’t need to fill your kettle to the top every time. For that reason, many electric kettles have water level indicators that help you see just how much water you’re heating.
- How much water you can put in your kettle will come into play as well. The smallest kettle is a 1-liter model, which is only good for a few cups of coffee. It might be ideal for that person who only drinks a cup or two at a time. The Cuisinart PerfecTemp Electric Kettle is 1.7 liters in capacity, giving you enough for seven to eight cups per heat up. If you run out, you can always insert more water and warm it up again, though.
- Once you’ve heated enough water for your first cup, you’ll likely want your water to still be warm when you’re ready for a second round. The Cuisinart PerfecTemp Electric Kettle has warming features, so the water in your kettle will still be warm when you go back to it.
- Safety is important for any household appliance. The Cuisinart PerfecTemp Electric Kettle shuts off when not in use.
- Looks are important in a kettle. Personal preference comes into play here, but the Cuisinart PerfecTemp Electric Kettle features a sleek, classy design.
- If you want hot water quickly, power is an important feature. The Cuisinart PerfecTemp Electric Kettle uses a 1500-watt heating element to get your water to the desired temperature as quickly as possible.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide