Habbi 72-Color Needle Felting Kit
Last updated date: October 28, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Felting Kits and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Felting Kit you should buy.
Editor's Note October 28, 2020:
Checkout The Best Felting Kit for a detailed review of all the top felting kits.
Perfect for beginners, this kit includes 72 yarn colors, a felting foam mat, a needle, a tool storage box, a wooden handle, scissors, a leather finger cot and adhesive glue sticks. Each color of yarn weighs 3 grams and is made from high-quality felting fiber wool. The included storage box has individual compartments to help you keep everything organized.
In our analysis, the Habbi Habbi 72-Color Needle Felting Kit placed 2nd when we looked at the top 8 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Value Needle Felting Kit - We offer the greatest number of color options and complete wool roving tools for your needle felting creating. 72 colors wool fiber and complete felting supplies, perfect for felting beginners and fans. ALL IN ONE - Package includes 72 colors wool roving(approximately 3g/color), basic tool kit: felting foam mat, needle, tool storage box(independent compartment included), wooden handle, scissor, leather finger cot， adhesive glue sticks. Habbi wool roving set includes all you need. High Quality Materials - Made of Soft and fluffy felting fiber wool, look small but neat and shape faster, get the cute shape as you want easily. Suitable for needle felting, wet felting and wool paintings, ideal for hand-wool. Rich & Vivid Colors - The package comes with an abundance of brilliant rainbow colors and packed in individual opp bags, well separated and will not get rust. 72 different rainbow colors meet your DIY craft needs as making cute animals, wool painting, dolls and etc. Wide application - Suitable for needle felting, wet felting, wool painting, jewelry making, soap making, dryer balls, and so on. Perfect gift for needle felting beginners or fans and great gift idea for child's ideal gift.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Felting Kits
If you participate in crafts, you probably are well aware of felting. Felting is simply the art of making 3-D items using wool locks or roving into fabric. You do this by connecting the fibers in the wool in a way that makes a solid surface. (Roving is a long, narrow bundle of fiber created during the process of spinning yarn from wool fleece or other fibers.)
There are many types of material that can be used for felting, including synthetic fibers that try to mimic the natural material produced from wool. Synthetic felting is probably what you used when you worked with felt for crafts in elementary school. Real wool fibers give a completely different texture that felting enthusiasts prefer.
If you want to get started, it’s important to know there are two major types of felting: wet and dry. With wet felting, you use soap and water to make it easier for the fibers to bind together. With dry felting, you use needles to weave the fabrics together. For wet felting, you’ll do most of the work with your hands. Dry felting requires a larger supply kit due to the needles that are necessary.
The Felting Kit Buying Guide
- You can’t use just any needle for felting. A felting needle has sharp, barbed blades that will agitate the fibers to achieve the desired results.
- All your new supplies will need to be stored when you aren’t using them. If your kit doesn’t come with a storage box, make sure you have a way to store the items.
- If your kit doesn’t come with a foam pad to protect your fingers, you can buy a sponge or foam pad separately. Make sure whatever you choose is at least several inches thick.
- Although cute little animals seem to be the go-to for felting projects, you aren’t limited to that. There are felting projects for gnomes, flowers, faux succulents and booties and countless other objects. You can also needle felt designs onto your favorite scarf or mittens.
- Needle felting can also come in handy for repairing holes in yarn-based blankets and sweaters.
- If you’re just getting started, look for a kit that includes all the supplies you’ll need. Keep in mind that some of these beginners’ kits are limited in the quantity of wool you’ll receive. You may need to purchase extras to have on hand after your first few projects.
- Beginners may also benefit from an instruction guide with step-by-step directions for easy projects. You can find plenty online, as well, but it can help to have instructions specific to the tools included in the kit.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide