GRIDMANN Flexible Silicone Baking Mats, 2-Pack
Last updated date: September 18, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Silicone Baking Mats and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Silicone Baking Mat you should buy.
Update as September 18, 2022:
Checkout The Best Silicone Baking Mat for a detailed review of all the top silicone baking mats.
This silicone baking mat set is eco-friendly, as it can be reused time and time again. It also allows home chefs to prepare healthier foods, as it eliminates the need for a fat to keep the meal from sticking to the pan. With each set, you'll get two non-stick mats that are heat safe up to 480 degrees Fahrenheit.
In our analysis of 165 expert reviews, the GRIDMANN Flexible Silicone Baking Mats, 2-Pack placed 5th when we looked at the top 14 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
These non-stick, premium food-grade silicone baking mats are the only items missing from completing your dream kitchen, transforming everyday baking and roasting into a convenient, healthy, and cost-effective experience. Flexible, lay-flat design is highly durable and extremely versatile. Simply place this BPA Free baking mat (measuring 16-1/2 by 11-5/8 inches each) directly onto any half-sheet pan or sheet and stick into the oven, up to 480 degrees F. Providing improved air circulation and even, consistent heat transfer, these silicone baking mats help ensure perfect results, including golden-brown breads, fluffy cakes, juicy roasts, crisp yet tender vegetables, and much more. Save time and money with these handy, reusable mats. They replace the need for butter, grease, oils, and sprays, as well as costly parchment paper and disposable aluminum foil, cutting calories and waste. Non-stick surfaces wipes clean easily to eliminate scouring baked-on foods, spills, and messes from traditional baking pans and sheets. Also dishwasher-safe (top rack only). They are even tough enough to be used with any of your favorite baking tools, including metal spatulas or utensils (serrated edges not recommended). Not be used in direct-fire ovens. Gridmann is your trusted source for professional-grade kitchen bakeware and accessories that provide lasting quality and exceptional value.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Silicone Baking Mats
Baking requires a variety of accessories for success. You’ll need either parchment paper or aluminum foil, or you’ll have to use cooking spray or oils. Otherwise, your food will stick to the pan at worst and cook unevenly at best.
Enter the silicone baking mat. This cooking tool tends to be something you don’t even know you need until you have one. Simply spread one of these mats across your baking sheet and enjoy even, nonstick baking. Some mats are even built to use without a baking sheet, letting you place them directly on the oven rack.
What are the benefits of a silicone baking mat? The first is that you’ll save money on cooking sprays, oils or nonstick papers, and you’ll avoid the extra calories that come from oils and cooking sprays. You also won’t be disposing of one-time-use parchment paper or aluminum foil. A baking mat’s reusability makes it an environmentally friendly solution.
There are several things to consider when buying a silicone baking mat, whether you’re choosing one for yourself or to give as a gift. One of the most important is the evenness of cooking. The right mat distributes heat evenly throughout the baking process, preventing burning and ensuring delicious taste in every bite. You’ll also need a nonstick surface to prevent your treats from sticking to the pan and tearing when you try to remove them.
Nonstick surfaces also mean easier cleanup. Simply remove the mat and wipe it down with soapy water, then rinse. Some mats allow you to wash them on the top rack of your dishwasher, but the size of the mat can make it tough to squeeze in. To be safe, it’s best to plan on handwashing your baking mat after each use.
Another thing to check before using your mat is its temperature tolerance. Baking mats are built to withstand typical baking temperatures, but if you’re baking at heat levels above 450 degrees, make sure your mat is built for it. Some mats can also be used in the microwave and the freezer, broadening the possibilities.
The Silicone Baking Mat Buying Guide
- Even heat distribution is essential in a baking mat. Look for a mat built with food-grade silicone and reinforced with fiberglass mesh, which transfers food effortlessly while also providing a nonstick surface.
- Cleanup is a big consideration with baking mats. Models that you can wash on the dishwasher on the top rack are the easiest to clean. However, fitting some of them into that space might be challenging. You can simply wash your mat with soap and warm water, then set it on the counter to dry.
- Consider a baking mat that doesn’t allow food to fall into the crevices.
- These mats are silicone, so there is a limit as to how much heat they can withstand. Some models have high heat tolerance, withstanding temperatures up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit. Others are limited to 480 degrees, but this is higher than most recipes. Some models promise heat tolerance of up to 480 degrees, but your food may start to burn once you exceed 400 degrees.
- Spatulas and utensils you can use with a silicone baking mat are a bit limited, as metal may scratch it. Some mats are built to withstand metal, so you can use the silverware and spatulas you already have.
- One of the best things about certain baking mats is that you can place them directly on an oven rack, no baking sheet required. Look for this feature if it’s important to you.
- With some baking mats, you aren’t limited to oven use. You can actually use them in the microwave and freezer. Many are built to handle temperatures all the way down to -40 degrees Fahrenheit, so you can use them in the freezer, as well as the toaster oven and microwave.
- In addition to using some silicone mats in more than one appliance, you can also use some of them to perform other types of cooking activities. A mat can help you with kneading and rolling in addition to baking. Other mats can be used to knead, roll and shape dough, as well as roast meat. You can even use them to cool your food items.
- Safety is top-of-mind for many households. Look for a mat that is made from non-toxic, food-grade silicone to keep carcinogens out of your food.
- As you’re comparing prices, make sure you keep in mind what you get in each set. Some mats are sold individually, whereas others come with two 11.6- by 16.5-inch mats.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide