Greenland Home Blooming Prairie Quilt Set
Last updated: September 21, 2019
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
We looked at the top Quilts and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Quilt you should buy.
In our analysis of 18 expert reviews, the Greenland Home Blooming Prairie Quilt Set placed 5th when we looked at the top 6 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Blooming Prairie quilt set spreads a riot of garden colors across your bedroom scene. Quilt and shams reverse to an all-over Jacobean print on a soft yellow ground for a truly versatile bed cover. Each fabric square is carefully seamed and quilted. Oversized for better coverage on today’s deeper mattresses. Each quilt set includes 1 quilt and 2 standard sized shams (1 sham per Twin set). Sizes: Twin 68″x88″, Full/Queen 90″x90″, King 105″x95″, King Sham 20″x36″.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Although comforters and duvets have become more popular in recent years, there are still plenty of good reasons to opt for a quilt instead. They may bring back fond childhood memories. beyond that, they can have more eye-pleasing designs than you’ll ever get with a comforter, particularly if you’re going for a more classic look.
At one time, quilts were hand-stitched, which meant they took weeks, or sometimes months, to make. That meant you either made it yourself, or it was given to you by someone you loved. If you purchased a quilt, the maker would probably charge top dollar to compensate not only for the cost of materials, but also the hours of work that went into crafting it.
But today’s commercially-sold quilts are made by machines, making them far more affordable than their hand-sewn predecessors. Unlike duvets and comforters, quilts can be lightweight enough to keep you comfortable in the summer, while remaining on your bed over blankets in the wintertime. This versatility is what keeps quilt enthusiasts coming back.
When shopping for a quilt, you’ll probably look at design first. Consider whether you’re using it to set the theme for your bedroom or simply as an extra source of warmth when you need it. You can find quilt designs ranging from neutral to bold and colorful. If you’re using a quilt in place of a comforter, you’ll probably want to make sure your final choice will match your room’s décor.
Perhaps most important of all, though, is durability. This is especially important if you plan to toss your quilt in the washing machine on a fairly regular basis. Look for a quilt with plenty of stitching, and make sure the material itself is designed to hold up to years of wear. If you have pets that routinely jump on the bed, material and stitching can mean the difference between a quilt that looks almost new for many years and one that wears out after a few months.
- The biggest decider when shopping for bedding is typically appearance. Your choice will likely be linked to the décor you’re trying to achieve, but small touches can make a difference, no matter what ambiance you’re trying to create. The Mellanni Bedspread Coverlet Set is neutral, but with subtle detail woven in for a more classic look. Although the Bedsure Quilt Set is similarly neutral, the basketweave design adds a little fun to the classic design. If you prefer something similarly neutral but with a multicolored design, the Greenland Home Katy Quilt Set may be right up your alley. Then there are the bold, bright, colorful designs of the Exclusivo Mezcla 3-Piece Quilt Set, which is for someone who wants a more whimsical bedroom décor.
- Stitching makes a big difference in both design and durability. The Mellanni Bedspread Coverlet Set uses pinsonic stitching and high-quality brushed fiber to ensure many years of use, even if you have pets. The Bedsure Quilt Set uses tight stitching, particularly on the edges, to prevent unraveling. The channel stitching of the Greenland Home Katy Quilt Set helps add structure to it for enhanced durability.
- Cleaning can be a concern, especially with quilts of questionable construction. Some simply won’t hold up well when put through the washer. For best results, wash on cold on your washer’s bulky/bedding cycle and air dry.
- Fade resistance/wrinkle resistance/shrink resistance Mellanni Bedspread Coverlet Set and Exclusivo Mezcla 3-Piece Quilt Set are both fade-resistant, and the Mellanni Bedspread Coverlet Set is wrinkle resistant. When you receive the Exclusivo Mezcla 3-Piece Quilt Set, you’ll find it’s already been prewashed and preshrunk, so you won’t have to worry about additional shrinking after you wash it the first time.
- Those who suffer from allergies may want to stick with the Mellanni Bedspread Coverlet Set or the Bedsure Quilt Set, which both feature hypoallergenic builds. However, the polyester in the Mellanni Bedspread Coverlet Set could be a problem for those who have skin sensitivities.