Green Mountain Grills Wood Fired Pizza Oven
Last updated date: October 23, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Pizza Ovens and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Pizza Oven you should buy.
Update as October 23, 2020:
Checkout The Best Pizza Ovens for a detailed review of all the top pizza ovens.
This pizza oven works with select pellet grills to create delicious pizza in just 2 to 4 minutes. It comes with its own pizza stone, which works to distribute heat evenly, so you don't end up with an undercooked middle. The oven's steel housing chamber is also extremely durable, as well as rust resistant.
In our analysis of 30 expert reviews, the Green Mountain Grills Wood Fired Pizza Oven placed 1st when we looked at the top 8 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Green Mountain Grills Pizza Oven Attachment Fits Models: ~ Daniel Boone ~ Jim Bowie Part Numbers: ~ GMG-4023 Specs: ~ Convert your Pellet Grill into a Wood pellet fired Pizza Oven! ~ The pizza oven attachment raises the internal temperature of your pellet grill to that of a real wood burning pizza oven by funneling the heat from the fire box directly up and into the stone baking chamber. This creates temperatures upwards of 800F, allowing you to cook restaurant quality pizza in 2-4 minutes. The steel housing chamber creates a unique air flow system which enhances the convective, conductive, and radiant heat in and around the cooking chamber. ~ Genuine GMG Product Accessory ~ Dimensions: 18″ Wide x 3″ Tall x 13″ Deep – 28lb weight ~ Made from high quality Stainless Steel ~ Easy Installation – Simply remove the grates, grease drip tray and heat shields if applicable. Place the pyramid shaped piece over the firebox and then place the pizza stone feet down on the tray of the pyramid. Place the dome with the opening towards the front of the grill. ~ 90 day manufacturer warranty WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals which is [are] known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Pizza Ovens
According to the American Pizza Community, 94% of Americans consume pizza at least once per month. If you find yourself among this statistic, you may wish to invest in a pizza oven. You’ll save big in the long run, as you’ll be able to produce restaurant-style pizza at a fraction of the cost. You also won’t have to leave any delivery drivers a tip.
As you browse the available pizza oven models, you want to look at the oven’s construction first. An oven made from stainless steel is ideal, as it doesn’t rust or retain odors. It’s also quite attractive, which is a nice bonus. The Camp Chef Italia Artisan Pizza Oven fits this bill and also features a double-layered ceiling, which increases the efficiency of the oven.
Determine how easy the pizza oven is to use. The Camp Chef Artisan Pizza Oven has a built-in temperature gauge, so you always know when the oven’s reached the ideal cooking temperature. It also has an open face to make inserting, turning, and removing the pizza a breeze.
Consider a pizza oven that comes with its own pizza stone. The Green Mountain Grills Wood Fired Pizza Oven has a rectangular pizza stone that heats up quickly and then evenly distributes that heat to ensure the center is just as cooked as the pizza’s edges. Pizza stones are also able to draw moisture away from the dough to allow for a crispier crust.
If portability is important to you, you’ll want to go with a model like the Ooni Koda Gas Outdoor Pizza Oven. It operates without a grill and has three legs that rest neatly on any table or smooth surface. In addition to being compact, it’s also lightweight. You can take it to the park, use it when tailgating or bring it to a campsite.
The Pizza Oven Buying Guide
- Always check compatibility when browsing pizza ovens. While there are models that stand on their own, most are meant to be used with either a pellet grill or some other type of cooking system.
- Review the pizza oven’s maximum temperature range. Some models are only capable of reaching 500 degrees Fahrenheit, while others can go as high as 900 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Some pizza ovens are multipurpose and can also be used to roast meat, fish and a medley of vegetables. This allows you to get the most bang for your buck.
- Most pizza ovens take 15 minutes to fully heat up. If the oven you’re considering can’t match or beat that time, you’ll want to pass on purchasing it.
- Propane pizza ovens may or may not come with a small disposable propane bottle. Almost all of the units have adapters that allow you to use full-size propane tanks instead of the smaller propane bottles that don’t last long.
- A stove cover is a must if you intend on leaving your pizza oven outdoors. Of course, you can always place the unit in a garage when not in use if you don’t want to invest in a stove cover.
- Use oven mitts and a pizza peel to safely place the pizza in the oven, turn the pizza and remove it once its fully cooked.
- Pizza ovens come in a variety of price ranges. On the lower end you’ll find the Green Mountain Grills Wood Fired Pizza Oven and the Camp Chef Artisan Pizza Oven. Both the Camp Chef Italia Artisan Pizza Oven and the Ooni Koda Gas Outdoor Pizza Oven cost a considerable deal more.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide