Gourmia PFOA-Free Belgian Waffle Maker
Last updated date: December 27, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Waffle Makers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Waffle Maker you should buy.
Update as December 4, 2020:
Checkout The Best Waffle Maker for a detailed review of all the top waffle makers.
In our analysis of 45 expert reviews, the Gourmia PFOA-Free Belgian Waffle Maker placed 13th when we looked at the top 14 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
WERE FLIPPING OUT Golden, fluffy, crispy waffles. And were flipping them out FAST. With the Gourmia GWM490 Auto Double Belgian Waffle Maker- Now you can too! Just pour in batter for one or two waffles, close, and cook! Use the cool-touch handle to rotate 180º, for completely even color and cooking consistency. This waffle maker features LED power/ready lights for easy monitoring, nonstick cooking plates, and a convenient removable drip tray. Load up your warm waffles with whipped cream, chocolate drizzle, strawberries or any of your favorite toppings, And attempt to keep flipping them as fast as everyones eating them. May the odds be ever in your favor. Check out the free recipe book for some of our favorites like Nutella and Raspberry Stuffed Waffles, Pepperoni Pizza Waffles, or Classic Buttermilk Waffles! Gourmias mission is to make everyday cooking easy, healthy, and delicious. Our products deliver a higher standard of innovation, performance, and value. Our founders are experts in the modern world of small appliances and are passionate about providing our customers with dependable, efficient tools that will make life in the kitchen fun and easy.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Waffle Makers
There’s nothing like a light, fluffy waffle for breakfast. Although you can find waffles in the freezer section, they won’t come close to comparing to the real deal, especially a fresh Belgian waffle. Using a waffle maker, you can make delicious waffles in a matter of minutes, with easy preparation and cleanup. Just make some batter, plug it in and pour.
But not all Belgian waffles are alike, as you probably know. Some waffles have deeper pockets than others, making them perfect for holding syrup and butter. Others have more shallow pockets, perfect for those who prefer lighter toppings. The type of waffle you’ll get is closely linked to the waffle maker you choose, so it’s important to take a look at what the end product will be. In addition to pocket size, you’ll also find that some waffle makers create results that are crispy on the outside and fluffy inside, while others make waffles that are smaller in diameter — ideal for households with young children.
Once you’ve squared away the type of waffles your maker will produce, you should look at other features. Many of today’s waffle makers feature a non-stick coating that makes cleanup a breeze. Some will even let you remove the trays and clean them in the dishwasher. You’ll probably find you use your waffle maker much more often if cleanup isn’t a huge chore.
You may not think about it until you start shopping, but some waffle makers have built-in technology that makes cooking easier. Some have notification lights to let you know when the unit is preheated or when your food is ready. These alerts can come in handy when you’re trying to cook. Other types of waffle makers also have different cooking settings to let you achieve the level of browning you want in your waffles.
The Waffle Maker Buying Guide
- When it comes down to it, it’s all about the end product. No two waffle makers create the same waffle. Pay attention to the design of the trays in each waffle maker you consider. Deeper pockets mean thicker, fluffier waffles, while narrower pockets will create a flatter effect. Deep pockets are perfect for holding scoops of syrup and butter.
- Pocket design is only part of what makes your waffles taste so good, though. Some models use a steam-release system that keeps condensation at a minimum, ensuring you get waffles that are light and fluffy on the inside but crispy on the outside. They also typically come with a dial that lets you choose from different levels of browning to help you create the perfect waffle for you.
- Consistency can be a problem with some waffle makers. Some models give you tender waffles, but their browning differs from the top and bottom of each one.
- If you prefer smaller triangle-shaped waffles, you’ll find a few waffle makers that produce these. You’ll get four triangles that can be eaten separately or combined for a full waffle. For some families, this type of waffle is ideal since you can eat the number of pieces you want, rather than committing to a full, larger one.
- Once you close the lid on your waffle maker, you’ll have no way of knowing what’s going on inside. This is where indications can come in handy. The Cuisinart Round Classic Waffle Maker has an LED light that lets you know when the iron is preheated, as well as when your waffles are ready. Other models have a light that turns on, along with a beep, when your waffle is ready. You’ll even find waffle makers that offer both lights and a beeper to let you know when it’s time to eat, but you’ll need to be close by since the beep tends to be fairly quiet.
- Look for a waffle maker that it isn’t a standalone unit. This type works on the stovetop, so you won’t have to deal with a cord.
- Waffle makers constructed from stainless steel are very sturdy. The plastic trays in some of these models, however, aren’t quite as durable. Other models are made from cast aluminum with a plastic handle that stays cool while you’re moving it around on the stove.
- Look for a waffle maker that has built-in cord storage. You simply retract the cord when you’re finished, and it’s ready to store.
- The process of making waffles can be a little messy, but with some waffle makers, cleanup is easy. Non-stick coating on the plates of the waffle maker are ideal, as they can be removed and placed in the dishwasher.
- If you’re looking for a bargain, the Chefman Anti-Overflow Belgian Waffle Maker is the most affordable. The Black + Decker 3-In-1 Reversible Plates Waffle Maker isn’t much more expensive.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide