Gorilla Weather Resistant Mini Hot Glue Sticks, 75-Count
Last updated: October 21, 2022
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
We looked at the top Hot Glue Gun Sticks and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Hot Glue Gun Stick you should buy.
In our analysis, the Gorilla Weather Resistant Mini Hot Glue Sticks, 75-Count placed 13th when we looked at the top 14 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Incredibly tough & versatile, Gorilla Hot Glue Sticks provide a long term hold even on hard to bond surfaces. The clear adhesive works with both high and low temperature glue guns and features an extended working time for added convenience for all types of projects. Gorilla Hot Glue is also weather-resistant and incredibly durable, keeping your projects safe from seasonal temperature swings that can cause other glues to fail. Directions: 1. Use either low or high temp glue gun, per glue gun instructions. High temp: use with high hemp guns for strong bonding: wood, plastic, metal, glass, and more! low temp: use with low temp guns for delicate surface materials: floral, fabric, foam, jewelry, and more! 2. Test product before its intended use. Working time is dependent on amount of glue applied and temperature of glue gun. Full size sticks are 0. 44 in. Diameter and mini size sticks are 0. 27 in. Diameter. Mini size sticks should be used in mini size glue guns capable of dispensing 0. 27 in diameter sticks. Full size sticks should be used in full size glue guns capable of dispensing 0. 43 in diameter sticks. Click on the Gorilla link at the top of this page to see other quality products from the Gorilla glue company.
Hot Glue Gun Stick Rankings
A hot glue gun is one of those tools that most homeowners should have on hand. Not only are they handy for making a few home repairs, but they are also invaluable when it comes to a variety of craft projects. Of course, you’ll need a good set of glue sticks to use in your hot glue gun.
Choose a set of hot glue sticks based on the type of glue gun you own. Some are meant for low-temperature guns while others are designed for high-temperature guns. There are packs that actually work with both and can withstand temperatures that range between 230 and 380 degrees Fahrenheit.
Check how quickly the glue is able to bond two items. For example, some sticks work quickly and can bond two materials in as little as 30 seconds.
Examine what types of materials the hot glue stick is able to bond together. The Artellius Mini Hot Glue Gun Sticks, Pack of 200 is an excellent choice for fabrics, floral arrangements, paper and homemade jewelry, but you’ll want to use a different brand for metals and glass.
Consider any extra features the hot glue stick may have to offer. The Gorilla Hot Glue Sticks, Pack of 45, for example, can be sanded and painted. It’s also five times more durable than other brands. That makes it a better choice for important home repairs.
- Be careful not to accidentally touch the glue after it has been heated, as it has the potential to cause a burn. Consider investing in silicone finger protectors that you can wear while you use the glue gun.
- You may want to place a silicone mat underneath the glue gun to protect your table or countertop in between applications of the glue. Sometimes a little glue will drip out of the gun.
- The use of electric sanders can melt hot glue sticks.
- You’ll need to store unused glue sticks in a room with temperatures below 130 degrees Fahrenheit. It’s also important that you keep the sticks out of the path of direct UV light.
- Hot glue can be used for more than just sticking two items together. You can also use it to make raised word art.
- In order to compare the prices of hot glue sticks, you’ll need to divide the cost of the set by the number of sticks in each package. Typically, the larger the pack, the lower the cost per stick. You’ll find the Artellius Mini Hot Glue Gun Sticks, Pack of 200 is cheaper than the Gorilla Hot Glue Sticks, Pack of 45.