GooDee 1080P HD Video Home Theater Projector
Last updated date: March 11, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Home Theatre Projectors and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Home Theatre Projector you should buy.
Editor's Note March 11, 2021:
Checkout The Best Home Theater Projector for a detailed review of all the top home theatre projectors.
This home theater projector has been upgraded to provide a picture that's 80% brighter than other models. The bulbs are also energy efficient and designed to last for 50,000 hours before needing to be replaced. Additionally, you'll find a set of focus dial that allow you to get the image just right.
In our analysis of 11 expert reviews, the GooDee GooDee 1080P HD Video Home Theater Projector placed 3rd when we looked at the top 8 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
2020 UPGRADED BRIGHTENESS: As GooDee best seller projector, we improved the brightness, added 80% brighter than other ordinary projectors. 3000: 1 contrast ratio provides a brighter image and wider viewing even in slight light or outdoor place such as Backyard, Garage and Camping. 1080P SUPPORTED & LATEST COOLING SYSTEM: Supporting 1080P Full HD with 1280*768p native resolution, offers a ultra accurate & vivid video quality. We adopt the newest cooling system, improved fan design and the application of innovative materials to reduce the noise, extend the bulb life time, create a quieter and warmer environment. 230" MAX SCREEN & INTERNAL HI-FI STEREO: Giant 230 inches display size with an aspect ratio of 16: 9/4: 3. The viewing screen is 44"-230" with distance 4. 9ft-18ft, 98" screen with distance 10ft is optimal. Complete your home theater equipment with 2 built-in 3W speakers. GooDee updated HI-FI Stereo with SRS sound system, provides fantastic powerful and crystal listening experience even without external speakers. CONNECT YOUR MULTIMEDIA DEVICES ANYTIME, ANYWHERE: Comes with 2*HDMI/2*USB/VGA/AV ports, this video projector can easily connect with TV Box, Fire Stick TV, Chromecast, PC, laptop, tablet, external speakers, Xbox, DVD player, PS3, PS4, USB stick, media players, iPad, iPhone, Android smartphone and etc. Perfect for playing video, TV series, presentation, outdoor movie, gaming and etc. 5 YEARS FACTORY SUPPORT: GooDee provides 5 years for the projector. If you're not completely satisfied with the order, please let us know and you'll be offered a refund or replacement alternatively within the first 2 months. Lifetime professional customer service & Technical. Absolutely risk-free purchase for you. Resolution: Full HD 1080p.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Home Theatre Projectors
Home theaters and offices have long relied on projectors to provide content. For home theaters, though, projectors remain popular for their ability to provide high-quality video on oversized screens. You can access a wide range of projectors at varying prices, from high-powered units designed to be mounted, to moderately-priced units that are portable while also providing crisp images.
As you start projector shopping, you’ll probably experience some technology that’s unfamiliar, especially if you haven’t paid much attention to TV technology in recent years. The biggest thing to consider is 4K Ultra HD versus 1080P. While 1080P is high definition, it consists of only 1920 by 1080 pixels, whereas 4K Ultra HD has 3840 by 2160 pixels. The term “4K” comes from the horizontal pixels, which at 3,840 is close to 4,000.
Will you notice a difference? A 4K TV has nearly four times the pixels on a screen when compared to a 1080P TV. But projectors aren’t TVs, so when you’re talking about 4K capabilities in this arena, it’s actually a chip built into the projector. The small size of that chip in projectors makes this challenging, which is why 4K projectors are still less common than 1080P.
However, some projector manufacturers have made up for that by creating technology that can give the appearance of 4K Ultra HD. This provides a far better picture than you would have had if you went with a strictly 1080P projector. But there are more factors contributing to the picture a projector outputs than whether it’s 4K or 1080P. When looking at projectors, it’s especially important to choose one that can handle the room in which you’ve chosen to use it.
If, like many consumers, you’re buying a projector for a movie room, you’ll need one that can display dark colors expertly even with the absence of light in the room. Much harder to find, though, is a projector that handles a well-lit room well. Knowing in advance that you’re putting this demand on your projector will help you choose one that provides a beautiful picture for years to come.
The Home Theatre Projector Buying Guide
- If you want the best picture, you’ll need to look for 4K Ultra HD technology. This technology results in a crisp, vivid image. However, some projectors use technology to upscale a 1080p chip to 4K resolution. They also get great results.
- The contrast ratio is also important, especially if you’ll be using it in a dark room like a home theater.
- Color accuracy is also important in a projector. If a scene has flesh tones that come across as yellow, it can disrupt the viewing experience. The GooDee 1080P HD Video Home Theater Projector has impressive color accuracy.
- Projectors are built to work with external components, so ports should be a big part of your decision. Some models have two full-speed HDMI 2.2-compatible inputs that can convert 1080p content to HDMI. Compare that to the other projectors, which have only one HDMI input.
- Once you get your projector, you’ll need to install it. Although you can pay extra for professional installation, chances are you can set them up yourself. Look for a model with built-in presets for various needs, as these make it easy to do it yourself.
- In some cases, you may want to mount your projector from a ceiling. If this is the case, check to make sure you’ll have the mount you need. Certain projectors need a specific type of mount, and they typically aren’t included with the unit. The weight of some projectors makes them difficult to suspend from ceilings, while other models work with universal mounts.
- Before you buy, consider where you’ll be using the projector. If you’re dealing with a smaller space, look for a projector that uses a shorter-throw lens that helps it project a larger-size image in a small room.
- If you’re looking for a projector you can pack up and take with you, the YABER Y30 Native 1080P Home Theater Projector may be the best option. At only six pounds, it’s easy to transport. The other projectors could be transported, as well, but the size of some may make them less desirable for toting around or packing away when you’re not using them.
- These days, apps are an important part of any video experience. Consider a model that has exclusive Smart TV streaming, which means you can hook the projector up and access content from providers like Hulu, Netflix and Amazon Prime. With other projector types, you’ll need a streaming stick for the same functionality.
- Of course, you’ll want to keep your budget in mind when purchasing a home theater projector. You’re sure to find one to fit your budget, no matter how big or small.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide