gonicc Steel Blade Anvil Pruning Shears
Last updated date: November 25, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Pruning Shears and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Pruning Shears you should buy.
Update as November 25, 2020:
Checkout The Best Pruning Shears for a detailed review of all the top pruning shears.
Let these pruning shears do the hard work for you. This set of pruning shears is unique, as it uses a pulley design and spring loaded-mechanism that allow you to make cuts without much physical effort. The handles are coated with a non-slip material, so you'll have no trouble retaining a good grip while you work.
In our analysis of 32 expert reviews, the gonicc Steel Blade Anvil Pruning Shears placed 3rd when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Gonicc always think premium durable and comfortable pruners is a must-have for any gardener. All of the Gonicc pruning shears adopted high quality materials and strict quality control. The blades made with Ultra-fine Polishing Technology and teflon or titanium coating, very sharp and prevent tree pulp adhesion caused by rust on the blades. Handle material is high quality Aluminum and wrapped with a layer of PVC, very soft and comfortable to use.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Pruning Shears
While scissors are great for thin stems, you’ll need a set of pruning shears to tackle thick stems and light tree branches. Not only will the pruning shears help you shape your shrubs and rid your trees of dead branches, but when you use them properly, you’ll also encourage the growth of new buds. If you’re in the market for a set of pruning shears, there are a few things you’ll want to consider as you shop.
A quality blade that is both sharp and durable is the first thing you’ll want to look for in a set of pruning shears. You’ll find models made using titanium, stainless steel and high-quality hardened steel. Some blades have a low-friction coating to make cutting easier. This coating also prevents sap from sticking to the blades; however, many pruning shear models are designed with sap grooves that serve the same purpose.
Examine the pruning shears handle next. Thicker handles may be harder to hold. Thinner handles that are well-designed have just as much power as the thicker models. Look for handles that have an ergonomic design, as they are more comfortable and put less strain on your hands. You also want a rubber grip, so that your hands don’t slip when you use the pruning shears.
Finally, check the pruning shears to see if they have any extra features. For example, there are models that use pulley systems and spring mechanisms to assist in squeezing the shears. That’s a great option for individuals with joint pain or conditions like arthritis. You’ll also find many pruning shears have built-in safety mechanisms that can be utilized with a thumb or just one hand.
The Pruning Shears Buying Guide
- Reviewers report that some pruning shears do better on green or growing wood than they do on dead branches.
- It’s good practice to hand wash your pruning shears after each use. Don’t forget to dry them immediately afterward to prevent rust from forming.
- Design and construction material play the biggest role in determining the price for a set of pruning shears. The Fiskars Steel Bypass Pruning Shears are a more basic model, and therefore the most affordable. You’ll pay a little more for the gonicc Steel Blade Anvil Pruning Shears, as it comes with a pulley design and spring-loaded mechanism that require the user to exert less force. On the higher end of the price scale is the Haus & Garten Titanium Pruning Shears, which is easily adjustable and made from high-quality titanium.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide